Author Topic: Michigan to Utah  (Read 1706 times)

Offline IceinKzoo

• Team IceShanty Regular
Michigan to Utah
« on: Dec 17, 2019, 02:55 AM »
Just moved from Michigan to Logan.  Hoping to continue my love for ice fishing here.  Officially updated my iceshanty profile to Utah.  Besides Mantua and Porcupine are there any other good lakes by Logan?  Thanks!!

Offline dubob

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life is good!
Re: Michigan to Utah
« Reply #1 on: Dec 17, 2019, 06:50 AM »
Welcome from another Michigander.  I'm down in the Ogden area and have been here since 1977.  I absolutely love my birth state, but could never go back there to live.  Just went back there last summer for a family/friends visit for 10 days.  My 60th High School Reunion is next year, but I'm sure if I will attend or not.  As to ice fishing, there's Hyrum and Newton within less than 30 minutes from Logan as well.  And just north of you in Idaho you will find several good lakes less than an hour away.  Again, welcome; looking forward to your posts.
:thumbsup:
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I’m 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
“Free men don't ask permission to bear arms.” ― Glen Aldrich
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don’t mind.” ― Dr. Seuss

Offline HardH20Fishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 18, 2019, 12:03 AM »
Welcome to Utah! Aside from the ones dubob noted, there are a number of other good ones withing about 1.5hrs of Logan......Pineview, Lost Creek, Causey, Echo, East Canyon.

Then, there are others a bit farther, but totally worth the drive at least once or twice a year....Strawberry, Rockport, Scofield, Starvation...

You can't buy happiness, but you can buy fishing gear....and that's kind of the same thing.

Offline Bryce

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 18, 2019, 08:20 PM »
Welcome.  The majority of the lakes have been mentioned.  The only other close one is Willard.  Most have a fair mix of species.  Some better than others depending on what species you want to target.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #4 on: Dec 19, 2019, 12:33 PM »
Welcome to the shanty iceinkzoo, all the places mentioned are good places to start at and as mentioned don't forget just over the boarded there. There's quite a few lakes around Preston that I would love to fish if I lived closer. Heck might even start buying an out of state season license for Idaho again. 
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.