Author Topic: $2,500 REWARD OFFERED.....  (Read 2558 times)

Offline mjbuck

• IceShanty Rookie
$2,500 REWARD OFFERED.....
« on: Feb 01, 2015, 08:28 AM »
I AM OFFERING A $2,500.00 DOLLAR REWARD FOR THE INFORMATION LEADING TO THE ARREST AND CONVICTION OF THE THIEF OR THIEVES THAT BROKE INTO MY ICE SHANTY ON KEWEENAW BAY AND STOLE MY FISHING GEAR.  ALTHOUGH THE AMOUNT OF THE THEFT DOES NOT TOTAL ANYWHERE NEAR THE $2,500.00 REWARD I AM OFFERING, AS A RETIRED LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER, THIS IS WHAT I DECIDED TO DO. THE THEFT OCCURRED BETWEEN FRIDAY AFTERNOON (JANUARY 30) AND SUNDAY MORNING (FEB 2ND).  MY SHANTY IS LOCATED AT THE HEAD OF KEWEENAW BAY AND ENTRY WAS GAINED BY BUSTING OUT A WINDOW, AFTER AN UNSUCCESSFUL ATTEMPT WAS MADE TO PRY OFF MY LOCKS.  IF YOU HAVE INFORMATION FOR ME, PLEASE CALL (906) 281-0994.  I've FISHED THERE FOR YEARS AND NEVER HAD THIS TYPE OF PROBLEM IN THE PAST.  PLEASE PASS THE INFORMATION AROUND TO EVERYONE REGARDING THIS REWARD AND INCIDENT.  THANK YOU.

Offline Maddog

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: $2,500 REWARD OFFERED.....
« Reply #1 on: Feb 01, 2015, 08:45 AM »
Hope you find whoever did this and prosecute them to the fullest extint of the law.

Offline srobocop

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 01, 2015, 11:13 AM »
was there anything taken that would be easily identifiable? something painted a unique color or something you may not see anywhere? I'd like to keep any eye out. You can keep the $2500 if i did happen to them.
-Sro
"I ain't from Michigan, I'm from the U.P."

Offline Chris Raymond

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Lifelong Outdoorsman
« Reply #3 on: Feb 01, 2015, 03:09 PM »
I'll keep my ears open, but as was mentioned, was anything unique or uniquely identifiable stolen?  I hate thieves and am saddened to hear this shyte has now come to the ice fishing community on K-Bay. 
Chris Raymond

Offline johnny-walleye

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 01, 2015, 03:17 PM »
Hope you find them!  and your gear.

Up here, we've had shots fired at premies.  Crazy world.

Offline mjbuck

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 01, 2015, 03:58 PM »
was there anything taken that would be easily identifiable? something painted a unique color or something you may not see anywhere? I'd like to keep any eye out. You can keep the $2500 if i did happen to them.
  No, nothing unique in any way.  Poles, Mr. Buddy heater, plastic tackle boxes and other miscellaneous stuff.  I don't usually keep anything of value in my shanty, but when I left the ice on Friday, I was getting the stomach flu and got very sick, very fast.  I did not feel up to towing a heavy load back to shore, so I left things I would not normally leave in my shanty.  Thank you all for the concern.  I went to Gander Mountain in Marquette today to replace all my stolen items.  When I told one of the workers there (who was very helpful in finding everything I needed), he told me that there were a couple of dozen shanties in Munising that were broken into and thousands of dollars worth the things taken.  I know my reward sounds absurd, but I will pay it and I will prosecute the jerk or jerks that did this. 

Offline SnoHam13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Feb 01, 2015, 04:49 PM »
PM sent

SnoHam13

Offline Flag UP

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 01, 2015, 10:48 PM »
I hope somebody can ID the crooks. They need to be punished.

Offline srtHD4

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 04, 2015, 08:02 AM »
Keep a close eye on craigslist. If that many shacks were hit, they gotta be planning on doing more with the gear than using it themselves.

Offline SKIFFLAKEJIMMY

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Feb 04, 2015, 10:01 AM »
Keep a close eye on craigslist. If that many shacks were hit, they gotta be planning on doing more with the gear than using it themselves.
Yard sales this summer too. Hope you get them!!
Thank you Lord for thinkin bout me. I'm alive and doin fine!!!!!!

Offline steeliebob

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Feb 13, 2015, 08:31 AM »
I hope that you get them and hang them high.

Offline Boomer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Feb 13, 2015, 11:44 AM »
Never thought I would have to put id on my ice fishing gear but something like that may be a good idea - especially on things like a depth sounder or heater.

Good luck on finding the person(s) who did this.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.