Author Topic: 2009 UP Ice derbies  (Read 3112 times)

Offline icedflies

• Team IceShanty Regular
2009 UP Ice derbies
« on: Dec 18, 2009, 01:09 PM »
Just got my utility bill in the mail.  Said Janurary 16th will be the Heikki Lunta fishing derby.  Me and my boys are giong to be signing up, anyone else from this forum?

Offline srobocop

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: 2009 UP Ice derbies
« Reply #1 on: Dec 18, 2009, 03:13 PM »
I'll be there, also the Worm lake derby is jan 2nd. over by covington
-Sro
"I ain't from Michigan, I'm from the U.P."

Offline killitandgrillit

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Drilling and Grilling!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 18, 2009, 03:30 PM »
Not a snowball's chance man. Let's see...-20 temps, 30 MPH winds, and an outside chance of even hooking a fish worth 25 bucks.... :P

"I fish because I love to; because I love the environs where trout are found,because I suspect that men are going along this way for the last time, and I  don't want to waste the trip; maybe one day I will catch a mermaid; and finally, not because I regard fishing as being so terribly important, but because I suspect that so m

Offline icedflies

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 18, 2009, 04:18 PM »
Not a snowball's chance man. Let's see...-20 temps, 30 MPH winds, and an outside chance of even hooking a fish worth 25 bucks.... :P

Man, if you are going to rag on every place that people post about in the UP why don't you just stay in the Wisconsin forum.  Sporley isn't worth fishing because there aren't fish big enough to keep.  Johnson lake stinks because you can only catch planted brookies... cripes give it a rest already!

Offline srobocop

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 18, 2009, 08:04 PM »
He's just bitter because his website got shut down.... haha jkkkkk killandgrillit
-Sro

Offline woody38

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 19, 2009, 01:40 AM »
ill be there!  hopefully ill catch a fish out of that lake sometime!

Offline Bear23

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 20, 2009, 08:08 PM »
Any good derbies in the Iron Mountain or Escanaba area ?   :tipup: :icefish:

Offline woody38

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 20, 2009, 09:03 PM »
esky has the big jig it tourney later in the season

Offline Pink Fish

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Reel er in!
« Reply #8 on: Dec 28, 2009, 08:51 PM »
Tip-up/Sled Races at Sawyer Lake & Edey Lake, Channing, mid feburary.

Offline Pink Fish

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Reel er in!
« Reply #9 on: Dec 28, 2009, 09:38 PM »
I'll be there, also the Worm lake derby is jan 2nd. over by covington

What time does that start @ Worm Lake? the whole weekend or just the 2nd?

Offline srobocop

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Dec 29, 2009, 10:53 PM »
just the 2nd, and i'm not sure, i was going to show up before dark. I'm assuming 8 or 9am and pretty sure just the 2nd.
-Sro

Offline killitandgrillit

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Drilling and Grilling!
« Reply #11 on: Dec 30, 2009, 06:46 AM »
Man, if you are going to rag on every place that people post about in the UP why don't you just stay in the Wisconsin forum.  Sporley isn't worth fishing because there aren't fish big enough to keep.  Johnson lake stinks because you can only catch planted brookies... cripes give it a rest already!

There's a difference between ragging on a place and posting accurate information. I spent a long time fishing the UP, and know most of the North Central lakes like the back of my hand. And I love the UP- if the economy didn't blow, I would have stayed there the rest of my life. As it is, I had to move in order to pay the bills. Shutting down upwoodsnwater.com was tough- but because I wasn't fishing UP lakes every day, I couldn't post enough to keep the conversation lively. Sorry Srobo!

By the sounds of the posts about Spoorly, you'd think it was the best lake to fish in the UP- just trying to provide more balanced comments. You might want to re-read those posts you citied- I didn't say anything about Johnson Lake "stinking"- as a matter of fact, all I did was provide information regarding bag limits, point out they were planters, but said they were still really fun to catch. You wont find a negative word in that post. Before you hit that submit button you might want to check your facts son.

Oh, and after last weekend, there's a few less of those lake trout swimming in Spoorly. They were pretty good eating.

"I fish because I love to; because I love the environs where trout are found,because I suspect that men are going along this way for the last time, and I  don't want to waste the trip; maybe one day I will catch a mermaid; and finally, not because I regard fishing as being so terribly important, but because I suspect that so m

Offline DanaM

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Dec 30, 2009, 11:03 AM »
I believe the Jig-It tourney is Jan 30 on Little Bay de Noc, 1st place is $5000 I believe

Offline bigmike7272

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 05, 2010, 09:18 PM »
Count me and my partner in for the Hekki Lunta. The Vermillac Tourney stunk but had some decent prize money $250 for 1st place in each catagory

Tell me and I'll forget. Show me and I'll remember some of it. Involve me and I will have lifetime knowledge.

-Anomymous

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.