The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: Not even close to over  (Read 6743 times)

Offline V Menzone

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Not even close to over
« Reply #30 on: Feb 24, 2023, 06:21 PM »
This site was awesome back in 08 when I joined but unfortunately Facebook took over and I don't have fb but see on my gfs account the groups that took over this site and alot of the members

Offline stripernut

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Tight Lines!
« Reply #31 on: Feb 25, 2023, 05:53 AM »
Still some great anglers on here, met a number of them at our "Mini Gathering" we had a few weeks back! Sadly for me, it is work that is killing the fishing for me...

Offline lenz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 'Ice Only' Fisherman
« Reply #32 on: Feb 25, 2023, 07:46 AM »
Still some great anglers on here, met a number of them at our "Mini Gathering" we had a few weeks back! Sadly for me, it is work that is killing the fishing for me...
the G.O.D.s and Coconuts all met here..close to 20 years ago..still fishing together..
burp
Member of G.O.D.S

One pill makes you larger
And one pill makes you small
And the ones that mother gives you
Don't do anything at all

Offline BJ

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLAAAAGGGGG!!!
« Reply #33 on: Feb 25, 2023, 12:28 PM »
After ALL the trash talking that goes on in here and you think this post is going south??? I dont see any trash talking but there was plenty I sent you that you did nothing about. And yet we wonder why all the old timers from here are gone  ...SMH
I am an old timer and have been on here for 22 years. I saw all your complaints you sent me and spoke on most of them. Sorry you don't approve of my actions. So don't say I didn't do anything. I try not to lock up threads and hope people can be adults. But I see sometimes they can't.
                                                      BJ

Offline THE JIGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Member of the GODS (Grumpy Old DudeS)
« Reply #34 on: Feb 25, 2023, 10:31 PM »
We have to remember there haven't been many posts this year because of a lack of ice in the Worchester area all of eastern Ma and the cape. I know of at least 10 guys that typically post every weekend that haven't posted at all this year because of a lack of ice. Ask any of the bait shops here in the eastern part of the state. The site hasn't gone south,the ice has gone west and north.
 If you notice negativity goes along with a lack of ice. Actually there has been less negativity this year than in years past. Being moderator is a part time voluntary position and I think BJ is making the best judgement calls he can. He looks for personal attacks to lock up a post and just warns about posts that are general attacks. He doesn't have to take on this bullcrap. So lets enjoy the rest of a bad season for us easterners and hope the westerners can fish until April. Tight lines to all. ;D ;D ;D       
MA

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #35 on: Feb 26, 2023, 08:22 AM »
I love the site has gone south comments.  This site is a business, one with lots of ad revenue.  While some may feel dismayed at the lack of posts the site traffic is solid.  Even wuth what seems to be a lack of SEO.  I have been interested in making an offer to Scott but I think he likes hanging on to this business, and it's not because he's losing money. 

The FB angle is laughable too.  So many people deleting FB and many more who never used that platform and never will.

Dick, I hope you are well.  Serious lack of crappie fishing this year.

Offline THE JIGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Member of the GODS (Grumpy Old DudeS)
« Reply #36 on: Feb 26, 2023, 12:55 PM »
I love the site has gone south comments.  This site is a business, one with lots of ad revenue.  While some may feel dismayed at the lack of posts the site traffic is solid.  Even wuth what seems to be a lack of SEO.  I have been interested in making an offer to Scott but I think he likes hanging on to this business, and it's not because he's losing money. 

The FB angle is laughable too.  So many people deleting FB and many more who never used that platform and never will.

Dick, I hope you are well.  Serious lack of crappie fishing this year.

Thanks Jon. Hanging in but my back and left leg issues continue to deteriorate. I personally think it's from all the radiation I've had that has caused this situation.
 Well it is what it is. At least I can see other people on this forum getting out and enjoying themselves. 
MA

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #37 on: Feb 26, 2023, 01:18 PM »
Hope that gets easier for you soon.  Nothing much to report fishing wise.  I hit northern champlain where Jeff and crew like to fish on Friday.  No wheelers on the ice let alone trucks.  Caught 1 small pike and a ton of perch. 

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #38 on: Feb 26, 2023, 01:49 PM »
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🍻

Offline TheJigginJerk

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Feb 26, 2023, 04:33 PM »
My season hasn’t even started yet. Maybe sometime in late December we will get some 2023 ice.

Offline musky-man

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #40 on: Feb 26, 2023, 06:04 PM »
Atleast were not seeing the same questions that get asked every year. The posts that do show up are good quality and minimal bs. No the site isn't what it used to be, just like a lot of other things in life over the last 10 years. Fishing stays the same tho!!
if your not fishing, your not living

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #41 on: Feb 28, 2023, 12:54 PM »
cold weather still here... probably have ice until June unreal winter never seen ice conditions as good as this - Papa Sly
This has got to be satire lol. The only "good" ice this year is western mass ,NH, VT.
Central mass and Eastern mass might have had one or two days to ice fish this year. My local ponds in southern Worcester County should have at least a foot of ice right now. I haven't fished them once this winter. The most ice they've seen is 4" and that lasted a day or two.
We've been hitting northern mass and the Berkshire's. Yeah it sucks but I'll travel to wherever the ice is.

Offline Papa Sly

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #42 on: Feb 28, 2023, 01:49 PM »
I've seen bans handed out on here for next to nothing but the guys writing "you're just lazy if you're not on ice every weekend" repeatedly on different threads have no consequences. Mods could have put a stop to those kind of comments when they started in early January but they have chosen not to so we'll keep hemorrhaging users who don't want to be insulted instead.
Its not a big deal if you are not constantly complaining about no ice when there is tons...I just did my 25th outing no counting Champlain. Mods dont need to stop those comments...they are the TRUTH and if you dont like them scroll on by.
A bad day of ice fishing is better than any day at work!
http://i.imgur.com/dIEANML.jpg?1

Offline Papa Sly

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #43 on: Feb 28, 2023, 01:55 PM »
cold weather still here... probably have ice until June unreal winter never seen ice conditions as good as this - Papa Sly
If you have nothing positive to contribute to my post scroll on by, sick of your sarcasm and a-hole comments.

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #44 on: Feb 28, 2023, 02:04 PM »
If you have nothing positive to contribute to my post scroll on by, sick of your sarcasm and a-hole comments.
There's always one class clown in every room. Best thing to do is just laugh at them because they have other issues as well.

Offline Ryan51993

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #45 on: Feb 28, 2023, 02:18 PM »
Its not a big deal if you are not constantly complaining about no ice when there is tons...I just did my 25th outing no counting Champlain. Mods dont need to stop those comments...they are the TRUTH and if you dont like them scroll on by.
I see you running your mouth about all these supposed complainers a lot more than I see any actual complaining.

Offline Papa Sly

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #46 on: Feb 28, 2023, 03:54 PM »
There's always one class clown in every room. Best thing to do is just laugh at them because they have other issues as well.
Yea you are right all computer gangsters.

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #47 on: Feb 28, 2023, 04:10 PM »
I see you running your mouth about all these supposed complainers a lot more than I see any actual complaining.
You haven't been around long enough to see all the complaining.  The reason its less now, they're al on fb complaining more.

Mike is one of the best members and has given countless people great info and help throughout the years .

You can't see what gets removed either.

Offline BJ

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLAAAAGGGGG!!!
« Reply #48 on: Feb 28, 2023, 06:41 PM »
If all you are going to do is try to start crap, please keep your comments to yourself.
                                                         BJ

Offline Rangerboats391

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #49 on: Mar 01, 2023, 01:42 PM »
 ;D

Offline mikez

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #50 on: Mar 04, 2023, 08:21 AM »
One of the nice features of this forum is the ignore feature.
That way, when you see posts from the people that annoy you, you get a nice message from the forum that "you're ignoring this user". ::)
The posts are still there, but it's nice to be reminded that you're ignoring them. ;D

Offline SalmonAndStriper Stalker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #51 on: Mar 04, 2023, 07:37 PM »
I'll add back to the original topic. I managed to get out yesterday in north central on 11in of ice. Jigged up a few crappie for dinner and caught a couple good sized pickerel getting ready to spawn. There is still ice around but definitely regionalized

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.