The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Strikemaster 10" Lazor Lite Auger Bit  (Read 1121 times)

Offline EmeraldShiner

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Live on for those that have been lost.
Strikemaster 10" Lazor Lite Auger Bit
« on: Feb 11, 2024, 04:51 PM »
I'm already running a strikemaster lite flite 8"auger bit with clam plate Gen 2 without the power drive gear box and a Dewalt DCD 999B 1/2" hammer drill.  Dewalt drill is most powerful contractor drill they make which is rated at 991 inch pounds of torque (112nb). This set up is on year three and cuts quick and fast through ice like hot knife through butter.
Take very good care of blades, removing blade cover, thoroughly drying the blades and applying light gun oil to blades after each and every trip at end of day.  About ready to buy the strikemaster 10" lazor lite drill auger bit only to switch out and run on the same drill/clam plate set up without the clam gear box accessory.  Anybody running the 10" bit on same set up and if so what is your experience with same set up?

Offline nbourque

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fish or die
Re: Strikemaster 10" Lazor Lite Auger Bit
« Reply #1 on: Feb 11, 2024, 05:18 PM »
Most guys recommend 100 inch lbs of torque for the drill for every inch of auger. I’d say you’re fine with your drill now for a 10” bit.

Offline Fish Wayniac

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 12, 2024, 11:30 AM »
I’m on my second season with the same Dewalt drill but my auger bit is the 8-1/2
K-drill . It works great !

Offline EmeraldShiner

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Feb 21, 2024, 07:12 AM »
Picked up the strikemaster 10" Lazor Lite bit on Sunday, easy switch from 8" lite flite to the 10".  The flites on the 10" have noticeably thicker composite material with reinforcing ribs molded into the flites on the underside.  Took it for a test drive on Monday and drlled 6 holes on local lake through 10" of ice.  Happy to say clamplate without gearbox and dewalt dcd999b ripped through that ice just as fast as with the 8" lite flite.  Clamplate and drill worked fantastic with no struggle at all.  I was using heavier dewalt  60v/flex volt 6AH battery as it wakes up the higher performance and torque on the Dewalt flex advantage drill.  Will let you know how this set up performs during our Moosehead trip next month in colder conditions and drilling 20 plus holes a day.

Offline RapShack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 21, 2024, 07:20 AM »
Did you need an adapter to put it on the clam plate?  I was eyeing that up for sturgeon but was under the impression the mounting collar was larger diameter than a hand auger.
I'm a man, but I can change, If I have to, I guess.

Offline EmeraldShiner

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Feb 21, 2024, 08:41 AM »
Did you need an adapter to put it on the clam plate?  I was eyeing that up for sturgeon but was under the impression the mounting collar was larger diameter than a hand auger.
Yes you will need the strikemaster adaptor for clam plate but I already had one for the 8" lite flite bit and it's the same one for the 10" lazor lite bit.

Offline RapShack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Feb 21, 2024, 09:47 AM »
Yes you will need the strikemaster adaptor for clam plate but I already had one for the 8" lite flite bit and it's the same one for the 10" lazor lite bit.

Awesome, thanks for the info.  Really surprised the drill gets it done without a gearbox, maybe this will be my big purchase for next season, if we have a winter anyways. 

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8 on: Feb 21, 2024, 10:17 AM »
Awesome, thanks for the info.  Really surprised the drill gets it done without a gearbox, maybe this will be my big purchase for next season, if we have a winter anyways.

The right drill will get the job done ..I am a Milwaukee fan boy 2904/2903 1400 in/lbs is quite a lot of torque. Keep an eye on the best deals thread

https://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=331034.11070
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Anomaly

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Formerly clamfarmer
« Reply #9 on: Feb 21, 2024, 01:44 PM »
I already have a Dewalt  grinder that came with 2 flexvolt 20/60V batteries. So, I ordered the DEWALT FLEXVOLT ADVANTAGE 20V MAX* Hammer Drill. Hopefully, it's the right rig as I already have a bunch of battery Dewalt stuff. Using with 8" Mora bit. I bought the plate and attachments a couple days ago.
"How much torque does a 20V DEWALT hammer drill have?
DEWALT Drill: 20V DC, Compact, 1/2 in Chuck, 1,650 RPM Max., 1,650 in-lb Max Torque, Brushless Motor"

"You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy fishing gear and that’s kind of the same thing.” 

Offline Sam Gee

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Feb 21, 2024, 02:19 PM »
I bought the gear box, tried it and immediately took it off. I was using an old 8" Mora with it so maybe I'll try it  again with my new lite flite 8".

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11 on: Feb 21, 2024, 06:02 PM »
I already have a Dewalt  grinder that came with 2 flexvolt 20/60V batteries. So, I ordered the DEWALT FLEXVOLT ADVANTAGE 20V MAX* Hammer Drill. Hopefully, it's the right rig as I already have a bunch of battery Dewalt stuff. Using with 8" Mora bit. I bought the plate and attachments a couple days ago.
"How much torque does a 20V DEWALT hammer drill have?
DEWALT Drill: 20V DC, Compact, 1/2 in Chuck, 1,650 RPM Max., 1,650 in-lb Max Torque, Brushless Motor"

The 900 series is what you should be looking for:

Dewalt DCD991

Dewalt DCD996

Dewalt DCD997

Dewalt DCD998 must use 6ah or better Flexvolt battery to achieve the higher advertised torque

Dewalt DCD999 must use 6ah or better Flexvolt battery to achieve the higher advertised torque
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #12 on: Feb 21, 2024, 06:06 PM »
I bought the gear box, tried it and immediately took it off. I was using an old 8" Mora with it so maybe I'll try it  again with my new lite flite 8".

The gear box shines on under powered/torqued cordless drills..or larger drill bit units 10 inch.

Offline Anomaly

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Formerly clamfarmer
« Reply #13 on: Feb 22, 2024, 03:49 AM »
The 900 series is what you should be looking for:

I got this one    (DCD999B)

"You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy fishing gear and that’s kind of the same thing.” 

Offline EmeraldShiner

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Feb 22, 2024, 05:42 AM »
The gear box shines on under powered/torqued cordless drills..or larger drill bit units 10 inch.

I've looked everywhere online trying to find the Clam power drive gear box only to add to my clam plate (Gen 2).  Gearbox only is sold out everywhere and on backorder at Clam Outdoors.  I know it definitely slows down your drill to help protect it and supposedly makes drilling through ice smoother and eliminates the abrupt stop.  But I don't think I need it with my Dewalt DCD999b drill using flex volt 20v/60v 6AH batteries.  May pick one up in the off season if I find a really good deal.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15 on: Feb 22, 2024, 11:48 AM »

add both to cart ...$100 off ...looks to ship free ...one of the better deals right now

https://www.farmandfleet.com/products/1442854-milwaukee-m18-fuel-1-2-hammer-drill-driver-kit.html

https://www.farmandfleet.com/products/1469381-milwaukee-54-piece-shockwave-impact-duty-driver-bit-set.html

Offline RapShack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Feb 23, 2024, 08:18 AM »
I have a Fuel 9Ah, Octane 9Ah, Ryobi One+, and a 3hp gasser.  I think I'm good good on power heads for the rest of my life ;D.  But thanks.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.