The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Looking for a new place to fish? and stay- Wyman Lake  (Read 615 times)

Offline paulamaxim

• IceShanty Rookie
  • fishing grammie
We are looking for a new place to fish and lodging. We are interested in Wyman Lake.

Any advice on the fishing?

We also need some contact information on where to stay.

Thanks!

Offline Jim_C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I never met a fish I didn't like.
Re: Looking for a new place to fish? and stay- Wyman Lake
« Reply #1 on: Nov 29, 2018, 06:20 PM »
I've done pretty well off 201  where Carney Brook (at the "new" bridge) comes into the lake.  Watch the ice on the brook itself.  I often just scamper down the bank directly to the lake rather than going out via the brook.  I set most my traps 10-15 feet under the ice regardless of the depth.  10-15 feet down over 50-60 feet has been good.  Don't know about lodging.

Offline gamefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Looking for a new place to fish? and stay- Wyman Lake
« Reply #2 on: Nov 30, 2018, 05:33 AM »
 I was at a wedding a couple years ago at Maine Lakeside Cabins at the very north end of the "lake".  I say lake because it certainly looked like the river to me but recall someone saying that they do ice fish there.  Facilities were beautiful.   It could be worth checking into.  A quick Google search also revealed a private rental , Cozy camp rental.  Looks nice, opposite  side of the lake in Pleasant Ridge, know  nothing about it otherwise.  Like Jim eluded to, one of the most dangerous lakes in Maine if you don't know where you are going, nothing more than a wide spot in the Kennebec.   Good luck.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.