Author Topic: 5x8 enclosed trailers  (Read 1779 times)

Offline striperhound

• IceShanty Rookie
5x8 enclosed trailers
« on: Feb 09, 2018, 07:51 PM »
is there enough room in this size enclosed trailer for a 4 wheeler or too small?

Offline Fisherman 1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish..the other white meat
Re: 5x8 enclosed trailers
« Reply #1 on: Feb 09, 2018, 08:40 PM »
Going by a Yamaha 550, it's not quite 7 feet long, 4 feet wide and high.  Measure the door width to be sure and interior dimensions.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2 on: Feb 10, 2018, 08:00 AM »
It will be crowded at best. 6' wide is bad enough squeezing around to get on it.

WS

Offline Baetis62

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Feb 10, 2018, 10:13 AM »
Yup.  I had a 5x8 but have since upsized to a 6x12.  Hauled the wheeler when I had it and now the new sled plus a bit more.  Once the rig is inside its nice to have room for extras.  Sled, spare tire, fuel, hi-lift jack etc.  Another added plus for me is the storage space for bulky items that take up too much room in the garage in the off season...otter sled, smitty, trailer mount cargo carrier.  Pulls fine with my half ton even when loaded down.

Offline Fisherman 1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish..the other white meat
« Reply #4 on: Feb 10, 2018, 10:13 AM »
Crowded, yes.  Don't know your situation of towing capacity and trailer parking at home, but inevitably you'll end up with 2 foot i tis, should have, could have, but didn't.   Mines a 6 x 10, I can get my ATV in and put my Otter hut in sideways at the back with a couple inches to spare.  There's no way at my age I'm humping the hut into the back of my hut, my back won't allow it.  Another thing, if you ever get the urge to by tracks for the ATV,  you won't get them into a 6 foot wide trailer, barn doors or ramp.  I also use mine for fall hunting, once on site,  ATV stays out, big cot table, chair etc gets set up inside.  I insulated the roof and it's toasty warm in there even in freezing temps.

Offline Baetis62

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Feb 10, 2018, 10:17 AM »
Yeah I forgot...its the bomb for Elk Camp!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.