Author Topic: lake trout recipies  (Read 3350 times)

Offline 2fastwalleye

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • 1 Man 1 Mission
lake trout recipies
« on: Feb 09, 2010, 10:56 PM »
Looking for some new good laker recipies. anyone got any they would share. or pm me with something please
thanxz
BRAD

Offline HARDTOP

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • MACK ATTACK
Re: lake trout recipies
« Reply #1 on: Feb 14, 2010, 09:29 AM »
lake trout are more oily than most fish so i only keep en ought to smoke they are the best to smoke because of the oil. my recpie 1cup canning salt 2 cups brown sugar a dab of garlic salt pepper . fillet fish soak in brine 24 hours pat dry put in smoker .

Offline wyo700

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Feb 14, 2010, 10:35 AM »
try the poor mans lobster recipe.  get you  a fairly large pot or smaller depending on how much fish you have.  if you use a larger pot fill it with water about 3/4 of the way full and put one cup of sugar and one cup of salt if using a smaller pot reduce the sugar and salt.  fillet and chunk your fish.  let the water come to a good rolling boil and make sure you mix in sugar and salt while it is heating up.  throw your fish in and let it cook for about 10 minutes to let the sugar and salt really get into the fish.  melt yourself some butter and your will have some poor mans lobster.  you will be surprised on how much it actually tastes exactly like lobster.

Offline Woodsman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Feb 14, 2010, 02:08 PM »
Depends on the fishes diet & size.
If the flesh is light coloured smoke them. They are fish eating fish.
If the flesh is pink to orange & smaller fish then frying or baking is good. These fish eat plankton.

Living proof that "beer builds better bellies"

Offline 2fastwalleye

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • 1 Man 1 Mission
« Reply #4 on: Feb 15, 2010, 10:03 PM »
well i will give em all a try. thanx

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.