Author Topic: Striker ice 10yrs later  (Read 3055 times)

Offline jayman_1975

• IceShanty Rookie
Striker ice 10yrs later
« on: Oct 10, 2019, 10:53 PM »
I just wanted to say that I am still wearing and loving my original Striker Ice suit that i bought before they were even available in Canada.  I bought it from a fishing shop in Minnesota (Korkys I believe) and had it shipped up north of the border.   It was a funny story actually.  I called them because I read about a suit called Arctic Armour that offered floatation assist.  The guy on the phone told me about a brand new suit called Striker Ice that had just hit the shelves and were the way to go. I took his word for it and ordered what they called the Striker Ice Lite suit.  It’s a hideous looking red coat that has a bobber stitched on the front chest.  I remember talking to the owner of Striker Ice shortly after I bought it and he was very interested in getting his suit into Canada and he asked me if I thought it would be good to get his suit into Canadian Tire stores  up in Canada.   I told him that if he wanted his suit to be taken seriously,  to market it to specialty shops like “The Fishin hole” or even maybe Cabelas  but certainly not Canadian Tire!  I also told him to lose the ugly bobber (which I noticed has since been done on the new models)   Lol.  So it’s been 10 years or so since I bought my suit and there are new models out,  but my Striker Ice Lite with the ugly bobber stitched onto the chest is still in as good of shape as it was when I bought it almost 10yrs ago   Not a rip or tear, and every zipper works perfectly.   I hope one day I wear it out so I can get a new and improved suit which has the soft fluffy pockets and the snap on hand wiper thingees on the bibs (no mine doesn’t have these) but sadly,  this miserable cuss of a thing is tough as a mule. I love my Striker and will never own another suit. Literally, it just won’t wear out.  Are there many other first gen Striker suits still out there kicking ass and taking names?

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
Re: Striker ice 10yrs later
« Reply #1 on: Oct 11, 2019, 06:34 AM »
Ive got the same suit however mine was a 3xl and they didnt have enough material to sew crotch good.its blown out three times and fixed by striker twice with a ugly patch.now i got a cut up marcum bag sewed in the crotch lol.sleeves stitches are coming undone from rubbing on my ice shanty while sitting inside.the bobber is ugly..

Offline Skywagon

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Oct 11, 2019, 07:30 AM »
I hope one day I wear it out so I can get a new and improved suit which has the soft fluffy pockets and the snap on hand wiper thingees on the bibs (no mine doesn’t have these) but sadly,  this miserable cuss of a thing is tough as a mule. I love my Striker and will never own another suit. Literally, it just won’t wear out.

I have had a Striker Climate suit for a few seasons that I really like, but as for the "hand wiper thingees" I took mine off, they collect sawdust/wood chips when using the chainsaw (think breaking a trail into a lake), very difficult to pick it out.

Offline JIGMAN21

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Oct 11, 2019, 08:22 AM »
I BOUGHT THE SAME SUIT WHEN THEY FIRST CAME OUT.  ALL PROS/NO CONS.

Offline Buckshots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Oct 27, 2019, 09:37 PM »
That suit was the predecessor of the current predator suit. I had the striker lite suit. They were notorious for blowing out crotches. There’s no way your crotch hasn’t ripped out. At least on the inside of the bibs. My washing machine eventually destroyed the bibs. I sold the coat/bibs to a friend who sewed them up and I think he still uses them.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.