New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Bear Lake Fishing Report updates  (Read 1087 times)

Offline Bear_Lake_Bob

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • What Do You Mean, The ice Is Too Thin!!!!!!!!!!! !!
Bear Lake Fishing Report updates
« on: Jan 26, 2007, 01:46 PM »

Thursday morning a few people( just walking dogs ) walked out on the ice from the road to the major fishing grounds acrooss the lake at the old Boy Scout Camp. These people did not fish, but left a trail from the road near the DEC parking area straight across.

Today is Friday Jan 26, remnants of the track path were just about visible in the new snows. Noboday was on the ice, at noon, snow was falling, and it continues to do so now at almost 3:00PM.The DEC parking lot has been well plowed lately! The store remains open and closed with no set hours. There is no place to buy bait anywhere close to this lake, so you always have to bring it from home!

If anything the new falling snows will slow down the ice formation now> It was wll below zero up here last night again, so this may help!

Shore ice was the usual today. Only wet or open where the springs come from under the road into the lake. Caution should be used at all times on the shore ice, you never know what you can run into all season getting on/off ice!

I checked Cassadaga too, nobody out on the ice. Still some wet areas of snow/ice here and there!

I will watch for people going out, and report asap.

Bear_Lake_Bob :tipup:
OH !  OH NO!!!! Don't Put Me In That Hot Oil !

Offline marcus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Bear Lake Fishing Report updates
« Reply #1 on: Jan 26, 2007, 03:34 PM »
excellent report and you just may see someone out on bear sunday evening 8)

Offline hunters08

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • all i can say is WOW
« Reply #2 on: Jan 26, 2007, 03:51 PM »
did they walk out the canal at the launch bob??  Thanks :tipup:
If i'm not fish'n then i'd rather be turkey hunt'n [img width=100 height=80]

Offline Bear_Lake_Bob

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • What Do You Mean, The ice Is Too Thin!!!!!!!!!!! !!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 26, 2007, 04:56 PM »
did they walk out the canal at the launch bob??  Thanks :tipup:

Hunters:

No, they walked out off Bear Lake Road, approx 100 yds from the canal entrance, and just to the right of their property on the lake where they have conventiently fenced it off as private> Just to the left a bit is a open water spring which is always there! In reality, that lake property strip right on the water is actually town property. Those few no parking signs were given to some people only after they bellyached and begged! Town doesn;t care!. Dec lot was plowed last few days!

Bear_Lake_Bob ;D
OH !  OH NO!!!! Don't Put Me In That Hot Oil !

Offline hunters08

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • all i can say is WOW
« Reply #4 on: Jan 26, 2007, 05:40 PM »
Thanks i always hate walking out that canal!!! I do believe that is my friend joes mom that probably put those signs there,to bad i would rather go out from there.I guess i'll try to go out the canal i know that was frozen before any of the lake froze up. :tipup:  Thanks for the info
If i'm not fish'n then i'd rather be turkey hunt'n [img width=100 height=80]

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.