Author Topic: Granby Tourny  (Read 2298 times)

Offline Muskiehinter

• IceShanty Rookie
Granby Tourny
« on: Jan 25, 2007, 07:48 PM »
Hey everyone just dropping everyone a line letting you all know about the fishing tournament in granby this weekend,, It is a 30 dollar buy in , you can go to budget tackle right when you go in to the town, it will be open 24 hours till sunday you can register whenever,, hope to see a lot of people out this year it is always a good time,,,,, have a good one and good luck :tipup:

Offline Prairiegoat

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 13# Pike
Re: Granby Tourny
« Reply #1 on: Jan 25, 2007, 08:22 PM »
Hey Basscat75,

Good luck at Granby. :thumbsup: Let me know how you do. Look forward to next week when we can maybe finally hook up for some ice fishing.

Prairiegoat

Offline basscat75

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 28, 2007, 08:42 PM »
Just got back from the tourney. Was a great time, especially rippin down the lake on the Polaris, man i love that..... Anyways about the fishing. It was fair at best for us on Macs. No real big fish had a few in the 27 to 30 inch range, but they cant be weighed cause tourney rules are between 20 and 38 inches can not be weighed. Caught a few under 20, but werent big enough to make a check. Rainbow trout was great, but very small. Biggest out of probably 100 was about 1lb, most were 6 to 8 inches. 2 small browns, and no kokanee.

Had 1 really big fish hooked on Saturday and faught it for about 20 minutes, never saw it, but i had caught a 29 inch 11 lb 3 oz about 15 minutes earlier, and that was nothing compared to this other, but didnt get her in.

Pearl white 3" tubes with the tenticles dipped in chartreuse, and a small piece of sucker meat was the ticket for us. We fished an underwater hump in about 35 ft of water, Graphed way more than we caught, which from what i was hearing was the norm for many people.

It was alot of fun, and i will definatley do it again, and hopefully collect a check.LOL!!!

Offline grncreek

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 28, 2007, 11:41 PM »
That sounds like a fun tourny, nice job on that 11lber.  I'm going to have to make it to that one next year. ;)

The Early Bird May Get The Worm, But The Second Mouse Gets The Cheese.

Offline Prairiegoat

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 13# Pike
« Reply #4 on: Jan 29, 2007, 07:24 AM »
Great Tourney, Basscat!   :thumbsup:

Wow! 11# not too bad. Want to hear more about the big one you lost. Sounds like you're pretty pumped.

Offline SUCKERMEAT

• IceShanty Rookie
  • ANYWHERE!!!! ANYTIME!!!!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 29, 2007, 06:19 PM »
I fished the tourny as well and no check for me either. Worked my way to a grand slam on the first  day but couldn't catch a bigger bow or brown to make it count, ended up with 5.28 lbs for my slam. Oh well maybe next year!!

Offline Muskiehinter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 29, 2007, 08:47 PM »
Well we fished off the third dyke in about 90ft of water and pulled in 11 big maks,, they were all 20 in. or bigger but haha the way i looked at it was if i entered the tourny i wouldnt have caught anything so i didnt enter and caught fish it was great,,, dropped by georgetown and evergreen on my way home caught a couple bows had fun   all in all it was an awsome weekend

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.