Wyoming > Ice Fishing Wyoming

Just a Plain Good Day

(1/2) > >>

Icemanjim:
Started off this morning on Big Sandy.  Caught a Ling about 5 minutes into the fishing and thought it would be a fish yank'n day.  About an hour later without even a nibble, I started moving.  Eight holes later in 12' of water I got a tremendous bite and saw him in the hole before he broke off, he was good.  About 2 minutes later the other pole started yank'n and I pulled up a 21" cutt that weighed 3.5 lbs.  He had a 5" ling stuck in his gills, the ling tail was sticking out about 2".  I pulled the ling out and looked like it had been there a few days.  The cutt swam away very strong and hopefully thankful.  Nothing else and I thought we should rename the lake to Fremont but once again I was wrong.  Left to get lunch and then decided that if I was not going to catch many fish I might as well fish Fremont.  Caught 8 fish there including 2 of the smallest Lake Trout I have ever seen much less caught.  The largest was a 20" Laker that weighed 3 lbs.  They were biting enough to keep your attention, and yes I was wrong about Fremont today and will not mention the times I went there and caught nothing.  The weather was marvelous, never better, it was just a plain good day.

doggbiter:
 Fremont bay on boysen?

Icemanjim:
Fremont Lake near Pinedale.

4x4elk:
That's better than how i spent my day working

doggbiter:
ok........thanks jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version