Author Topic: Crawford reservoir, 1/21  (Read 1864 times)

Offline brown-time

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Jig one up for me
Crawford reservoir, 1/21
« on: Jan 21, 2007, 09:50 PM »
Four of us fished Crawford Reservoir today in light snow, was real good for small to medium crappie and perch. We kept 60 perch and crappie 7" to 11", and caught about 160 between the four of us.  Also iced 30 plus 8" bass and 9 trout.  Overall a real fun and active day on the ice.

Offline Prairiegoat

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 13# Pike
Re: Crawford reservoir, 1/21
« Reply #1 on: Jan 22, 2007, 08:08 AM »
Where is Crawford located? Have some young kids, 6 to 9 years old, I like to bring along and it's always good to have fast action to keep their interest... and mine to sometimes!! ;) ;)

Offline R.J.

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • It must be that time again!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 23, 2007, 11:37 PM »
Wow, what a day!  I have fished Crawford but have never gotten into the crappies.  Do you mind sharing what part of the lake?

Offline brown-time

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Jig one up for me
« Reply #3 on: Jan 25, 2007, 12:16 AM »
Crawford Reservoir is located 1 mile south of the town of Crawford in Western Colorado.  Turn off I-70 at Glenwood Springs, then go over McClure pass through Carbondale on highway 133 to Hotchkiss, turn left 9 miles on hwy 92 to Crawford.  About a 4 to 5 hour drive from Denver depending on roads.  Most fish are small, crappies plentiful 5-7", but a few bigger to keep it interesting.  Fish were 3' to 10 feet off the bottom Sunday. Saw some iced last winter to 14".  Similar story on perch, they are right on the very bottom at 25-35' in the deeper water of the lake.  PM me for more specific info, I won't reveal the very spots to everybody.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.