Author Topic: blades  (Read 4002 times)

Offline metalhed

• IceShanty Rookie
blades
« on: Dec 12, 2006, 10:43 PM »
Well I tried and tried to find blades for my hand auger, looked at all the big stores and even one local mom and pop place--- nothing.  So I called Uncle Miltys (his store is closed, he retired) and the phone is for high country bass shop.  Guess what    they had the blades I needed  $20 and I am back in business.

All the big store are useless and most have little to nothing in the way of ice fishing.  Sports Authority folks said they wernt even sure if they were going to stock ANY ice fishin stuff this year.

Boycott the big guys and buy locally

Offline SUCKERMEAT

• IceShanty Rookie
  • ANYWHERE!!!! ANYTIME!!!!
Re: blades
« Reply #1 on: Dec 13, 2006, 03:14 PM »
When talking big stores what you mean, sportsmans, Gander and bass pro have more then you could ever buy for ice fishing.

Offline Tommyboy18769

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 13, 2006, 03:18 PM »
our gander has quite a bit of stuff in it...

Offline RLS

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 13, 2006, 03:36 PM »
Sportmans warehouse had a whole rack of new blades.  looked on Saturday for a new set myself. 

Offline metalhed

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 13, 2006, 08:13 PM »
nobody had blades for a Mora 6"
sportsmans had all kinds of blades for the ONE brand they carry

Offline jamiehughes

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • open water sucks!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #5 on: Dec 18, 2006, 07:25 AM »
you could try contacting these guys and mailordering them, i've used them for a bunch of stuff including a couple of power augers, and they are always fast and reliable, have never had a problem with them yet. you may have to call them though.

www.reedssports.com

Offline Kevin21

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 18, 2006, 01:10 PM »
Bass Pro in Denver sells Mora 6" hand augers and I checked last time I was in there and they had the blades for them.  I didn't buy them though as the augers with the blades were cheaper than just the blades as it was Black Friday.

But Sportsman's in Grand Junction had them and so did Gene Taylors.

Offline Don In Denver

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Let 'em go! Let 'em grow!
« Reply #7 on: Dec 18, 2006, 06:13 PM »

Boycott the big guys and buy locally

I like supporting the little guys, too, and bought two Black Ice ice rods at High Country for $17.99 ea.  Then I found the exact same rod at Sportsman's for $11.99.  I was pissed.

I'm not paying an extra 50% just to keep the little guys around. 

Offline jamiehughes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 18, 2006, 11:22 PM »
i usually will pay more, most the little guys actually appreciate your business.  most of the biggies could actually care less when asked behind closed doors. i like the little guys.

Offline Fish Wolf

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Dec 19, 2006, 11:21 AM »
I agree that we should suport the little guys. I guess if money is so tight you have to do what you have to do but if not help out the small business guys.

Offline afishingfool

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #10 on: Dec 19, 2006, 11:11 PM »
I wish I had little guys to support. They have always helped me with how to and even made special gear for me. Here in Greeley all the little shops have closed and the owners have retired to go fishing. As far as the price goes, if you figure in the gas you spend on a trip and meals etc. $5-6 for some of my gear doesn't seem like much to keep the specialty shops open. I miss the Bait Box and Uncle Milty's, he always had the spare parts for my fishing reels. STAY WARM afishingfool

Offline metalhed

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Dec 20, 2006, 08:57 AM »
mile high bass pro bought the stock of reel parts from uncle miltys
they are on sheridan and morrison road, harts corner

Offline Kevin21

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Dec 23, 2006, 10:52 PM »
Why would I spend $40 for a 6 inch Mora Ice drill when I can get it at Bass Pro for 19.99 just to support the little guy?

Offline metalhed

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Jan 21, 2007, 02:21 PM »
Well I did the 307Fish.com blade exchange program
$20.95 plus $5 to ship and insure
took about 7 days from the day i shipped until returned.
Great program.  Blades look nice and sharp

Offline jamiehughes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Jan 22, 2007, 07:08 AM »
Why would I spend $40 for a 6 inch Mora Ice drill when I can get it at Bass Pro for 19.99 just to support the little guy?

next time you go into bass pro shops and ask them how and where the fishing is decent and you just get a blank stare and a quote of "we'll i actually don't fish much" just remember price is not the only motivating factor.

Offline Prairiegoat

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 13# Pike
« Reply #15 on: Jan 22, 2007, 08:04 AM »
Sportsman Warehouse in Colorado Springs has the most knowledgable sales people I have ever encountered in a fishing department. They know the local lakes, probable hotspots, equipment, baits... you ask they have the right answer. Kudos! No, I don't work there. Just giving credit where credit is due.

Offline jamiehughes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Jan 22, 2007, 08:35 PM »
i agree with you on the sportsmans whse knowledge, some of the guys, note i said some of the guys didn't have a clue.  i was watching them sell shelters to people with no covers, cust asked and they told them they didnt need one. why would you buy a shelter with no cover. why aren't shelters sold with the covers?  i guess thats another topic.

Offline Muskiehinter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Jan 23, 2007, 11:08 PM »
I cant believe the turned uncle milty's the bait shop that my dad and grandpa used to shop at into a pipe store absolutly disgusting,

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.