Colorado > Ice Fishing Colorado

Echo Lake

(1/1)

Smellsliketuna:
I went up to Echo yesterday afternoon, 10,600ft for some snow shoeing, and scouting, while I was there thought I would drill some holes in the ice to see if I could catch anything, the ice a good 12 inches, but everywhere I went on that some lake nothing but seaweed 6 ft. down, I tried everything in my arsenal lure box but to no avail. I heard it's good fishing during the summer so I dont see why not during the summer. Anyone else ice fish this lake before, are there any deeper spots??? I guess I'm going to Dillon next weekend!

SLAYERFISH:
I've tried that place twice and its a lost cause!  No reason to ever go back there!

Smellsliketuna:
Thanks alot Slayerfish, I know now not to go back up there, the only reason why I tried is because you had some success up at St. Mary's a while back which is also a high altitude lake!!

SLAYERFISH:
The big diff is that St. Mary's is about 20 ft deep and Echo is 6 ft deep.  6ft = oxygen deprivation and winter kill.

yeager:
I iced st. marys shortly after your post Slayer, and I caught some of the wierdest looking brooks out of there with big heads and eyes and little bodies my biggest was probly 8 inches  :D . They were a good start for the season though and the hike was a nice work out!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version