Author Topic: The New 9:45 Thread..  (Read 223636 times)

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: The New 9:45 Thread..
« Reply #930 on: Dec 30, 2022, 10:33 AM »
Morning all,
WS.....hope you found everything in good shape at the shack  :)  did your sister put on a big spread for lunch  ???

OMG, Yes! She had a big walleye feed thanks to a neighbor. She had potato salad, coleslaw, 2 types of pickles, some home baked toast. For dessert she had lots of cookies with the main ones being rosettes and my favorite spritz cookies shaped like Christmas trees ;D

WS

PS...........Z... I hope you kick the bug real soon :thumbsup:

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #931 on: Dec 30, 2022, 11:03 AM »
This morning temperature is setting at 61 with a constant 15 wind out of the southeast. Got caught up on yesterday’s posts.

Fired up the tractor to clear away where I will dig up the shutoff water valve that needs fixing, doing that myself will save about $350 of what the plumber would be charging me. Once I can get it uncovered hopefully without damaging it further, might find I can repair it myself. ::)

Will see how the day goes, TBD if I will get any more firewood cut before it’s time to call it for today

If you’re out on some of the new ice be careful, don’t want to be reading about any mishaps
Bud

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #932 on: Dec 30, 2022, 12:18 PM »
Good Afternoon Everyone, Dr decided to do some surgery on my foot. Wearing sneakers not the right width has become a problem. Cut mine and Mr Dickens day short. Did drive by some ponds that were opening up.

IFF, Thats good you’re able to save money digging up the valve. Hopefully you can fix it yourself.

Whopper Stopper, Sounds like it was a good spread.

Zcm, Hope you feel better soon.

Hope everyone has a great and safe afternoon.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #933 on: Dec 30, 2022, 04:00 PM »
Fisher 45 well if the plumber doesn’t answer up I may have too.

When I digs.   I digs

Bud

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #934 on: Dec 30, 2022, 04:39 PM »
IFF, Great job
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #935 on: Dec 30, 2022, 09:01 PM »
Good evening , reached the middle fifties for a high today most of ice patch outside of my living room window has melted one person has moved their car back to assigned spot. my SUV passed inspection due need to purchase new tires eventually ones on vehicle starting to dry rot worry about the tires after my property tax is paid.
Eddie happy for you things went well at the doctors. may you have not picked anything up while sitting in the waiting room.
Hunts2long with schools being on vacation this week i can see Lake Placid being crowded with people.
Whopper Stopper sounds like you had a good lunch and nice visit with your sister. going from your post I assume you could only drive so far then had to find a place to park and walk to your shack.
Wallyworld may the check engine light on your car have cleared itself or turn out to be nothing serious. '
Icefisher-45 may you heal well from the foot surgery .
IFF good that the ground is not frozen and you were able to uncover the valve and part of water supply line.
Zcm-82 may you be feeling better hope you can quickly loose whatever bug infected you.
Ice Wanderer may it have been a good day at Blue Mtn. Lake .

Have a good night.
 Steve

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #936 on: Dec 31, 2022, 05:40 AM »

Good morning ER's  my daughters trip went well. Great weather and they all had a great time. One flight was canceled but rebooked on a different airlines comming back. They just made it out of chicago in time thanks to a late running bus. Computer crashed during the last fiasco but my daughter fixed it today. Hope all made it ok through the nasty storm. I'll try to catch up on thread next couple of days.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #937 on: Dec 31, 2022, 05:46 AM »
35* and still dark.

Well, here is the last day of 2022!!

The wife felt well enough to go to Stewarts for coffee with a friend yesterday morning.

Not much planned for today, going to watch some of the NCAA football, none of the teams I would like to see win are winning, but there have been a few good games.

Took a ride up to see the deer yesterday and for some reason only saw 15 or 20.

Hope everyone has a good day and be well...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #938 on: Dec 31, 2022, 07:30 AM »
Morning all,

Happy New Year's Eve  :thumbsup: :clap:

WS......sounds like a great lunch, nothing like Christmas cookies  :thumbsup:

Eddie.....how's the soon to be new mom doing  ???

OG.....glad your daughter didn't get caught up in all the crazy cancellations  :wacko:

IFF.....fingers crossed you were able to get the repair work done w/o the plumber  ;)

IW.....looking forward to your report from yesterday's outing  :whistle:

H2L....good to hear MrsH2 is feeling good enough to venture out  :clap:

MrC.....glad your car passed inspection  :)

IF45.....hope the foot heals quickly  :)

Z....hope you're feeling better  :-\

Seems we've hit mud season here again with the warm temps and melting snow/ice  ::)  rain in the forecast for today/tonite/tomorrow  :pinch:  the good thing is we'll lose the crap ice and start from scratch when it gets cold

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy. Be safe on the roads if going out tonight is on your agenda  @)

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #939 on: Dec 31, 2022, 07:54 AM »
Good morning OG/ h2l/ WW! Good morning everyone

We made it! Here's to more adventures together in 2023 :clap: :clap:

IW...Hope the morning finds you back on the ice  :icefish:

OG...Glad your daughters trip went well :thumbsup: Watching the news the last few days, what a nightmare many experienced at just our airport :cookoo:

h2l...Enjoy the football games :thumbsup: When my wife and I went to the shack the other day she even commented on the lack of tracks in our area.

Eddie...Best of luck to you and the boys if hitting the ice today :icefish:

WW...Will Mr. WW be back to watch the ball drop? I wish we would have been able to start from scratch.

I had 3 different people contact me yesterday wondering if I would be interested in some winter tree work ??? I told them as long as the snow isn't too deep I might as well as I don't have anything else going on. I will probably check things out on Tuesday although the forecast is for another 4"-5" of snow Tuesday-Wednesday :cookoo:

Safe travels to anyone heading out tonight :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #940 on: Dec 31, 2022, 08:41 AM »
WW...Will Mr. WW be back to watch the ball drop?
                       WS
No he's staying at camp until the season ends tomorrow

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #941 on: Dec 31, 2022, 02:42 PM »
Flag, well I have missed 3 so far and gor out here around 11 and it is now almost 2pm. Trying a spot in the big lake that I fish in the summer with the boat but usually do not do alot of ice fishing down here, cannot make it all the way to where I troll around the islands with the boat since it is 500 yards and I am only allowed to be 300 yards away. So have them spread from 2 foot of water to 19 foot of water. Not the deepest spots I know of at the lake but something to try for a night and start getting my camping money and daily fee annual passes that I bought yesterday for each vehicle, 200 bucks down but we use the day use fee enough to buy just those for the year, and camping went up to 18.25 a night out here for each vehicle and with the derby at 3 nights that adds up fast for both vehicles to be out here. Will try and get a picture of the carp laying on the bottom in about 4 foot of water. Well have a great Saturday, new years eve, everyone stay safe in the crazy weather. Have a great end of the year everyone and a good start to the new year.

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #942 on: Dec 31, 2022, 03:48 PM »
Fish on finally

And the carp laying on the bottom here, seen a group of 4 that were more spooky and another single one over a bit.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #943 on: Dec 31, 2022, 05:33 PM »
WW. If l had measured everything I would have it all done (without) the plumber. Guess a lot of people are in the same boat , looking for plumbing parts. Two stores I went to were wiped out of PVC fittings. And might know, I will have to go back and get correct size fittings myself, did manage to get the last valve the store had 👍

OG good to read daughter back safe and sound

FH4   Whoa nice perch :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Marv. I’ll drink to that. ;)  We should all have the next year better than this one
Bud

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #944 on: Dec 31, 2022, 08:52 PM »

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #945 on: Dec 31, 2022, 08:58 PM »
 Good evening a Happy,Healthy 2023 wished for everyone. May the new year see us all having good ice fishing seasons for our respective areas. It had been raining here for most of the day high temperature was in the low fifties. I will probably been in Bed before the ball drops in NYC's Times Square .

Old Goat glad your daughter and her friends had a good trip to Cancoon and were able to get home without much of a delay.
Hunts2long nice to read your wife felt well enough to go out for coffee with a friend this morning. may you be enjoying all of today's NCAA football games.
Wallyworld may Mr.WW fill his tag tomorrow if her did not harvest a deer today. We have muddy spots in places here also from the warmer weather.
Whopper Stopper best wished for you if you get all of the tree jobs. hopefully the weather cooperates with you so you can get the jobs done this winter.
Fish/hunt4ever thank you for the photos very nice perch.
IFF may the store have fittings you need in stock when you return the ones you purchased. best wished in getting the plumbing repair done and water service back to normal at your home.
Ice Wanderer guess your either resting today or went back out for a second day of ice fishing.
Eddie enjoy any family celebration you maybe having to bring in the new year.
Zcm-82 may you be recovering from the bug and doing better today.
Icefisher-45 may your headache be over ,you the wife and Mr.Dickens have a good New Years celebration.
Tomturkey may the weather have cooperated and you and the family be enjoying your belated Christmas celebration.
OldSailor,Raquettedacker best wished for both of you and your families in 2023.
Drifter may your Christmas and Boxing day celebrations have been good. I hope the crisis at your job has been resolved and the extended weather forecast shows a period where you can get to your cabin.
Nice video card Whopper Stopper the same wished for you and the girls.

May everyone have nice celebrations to bring in the New Year. Like Whopper Stopper posted may 2023 be a better year for all of us.
       Steve

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #946 on: Dec 31, 2022, 09:28 PM »
Happy New Year Everyone
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #947 on: Dec 31, 2022, 11:11 PM »
OS   :-\   Well dang was hoping they would make that field goal
Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #948 on: Jan 01, 2023, 04:54 AM »
      :bow: :thumbsup: HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!  :thumbsup: :bow:

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #949 on: Jan 01, 2023, 06:08 AM »
IFF, me too. Both games were very entertaining and I got to stay up to MIDNIGHT, but didn't see the ball drop, got to see it fall short to the left.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

38* and cloudy....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #950 on: Jan 01, 2023, 06:25 AM »
                                                                     HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #951 on: Jan 01, 2023, 08:26 AM »
HAPPY NEW YEAR and lots of :icefish:
Bud

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #952 on: Jan 01, 2023, 04:23 PM »
Mission accomplished

Bud

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #953 on: Jan 01, 2023, 04:33 PM »
Mission accomplished

:clap: :clap: :clap:

WS

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #954 on: Jan 01, 2023, 04:35 PM »
Bud glad you got the water line fixed.

Got home today just to get stuck trying to get the camper up to the house so had to disconnect and get the truck out by jacking it up and pulling it over with the jeep and chaining up the front tires and getting it around, just need to get it unstuck in the next couple weeks for the derby. We will see since we got another 6 inches of snow and I am not sure if the plow sxs will work. Oh joy.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #955 on: Jan 01, 2023, 09:33 PM »
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #956 on: Jan 01, 2023, 09:43 PM »
Good evening, Happy New Year to everyone. Quite day here still on the warm side with high in the low fifties. If you are planning to head out fishing here in the Northeast please be careful seen a news report this past Friday or yesterday two gentlemen went through the ice at a reservoir in Morris County ,NJ. one body recovered  still searching for second person at time of story's posting. guess those of us eho reside in NY. will see how much gas prices go up now that the tax holiday has ended.
ice Wanderer may all be well with you and the family and only a computer issue that has kept us from seeing a post by you.
IFF nice work glad you now have water service back at your house. I assume you took some steps to prevent the line from freezing up again next time the temperature drops below freezing.
Fish/hunt4ever may you be able to get the camper loose and moved also hope you find a way to plow any coming snow.

After posting last night heard someone setting off fireworks in the rain did not see any of the display of colors. may all of us have a good start to the new year.
Stay healthy,keep safe and best to all fishing.
  Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #957 on: Jan 02, 2023, 04:11 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                          It's 33* and cloudy here on my hill. ::)
                          I've been sort of on the busy side since last Thursday and I am sorry for not staying up on what's everyone has been doing. :blink:
                First of all: Happy New Year, I hope everyone is doing well. :thumbsup: :flex:
                         Bud........I'm glad you got your water fixed and back running.  :thumbsup: Sometime it's better to just do it yourself. :flex: Hopefully you made
               it so it won't freeze in the future. :whistle:
                         Marv......Your a good brother helping your sister with some of her chores. :flex:
                         Wally.....Your driveway was like mine with patches of ice, but with the higher temperatures and some fog, it all clear now. :whistle:
                         H2l........With this warmer temperatures and the snow melting down, the deer activity has increased up my way, I saw 10 deer in my back
               yard yesterday. :o
                         Zcm.......Again with the warm weather the ice up here is taking a beating too. :%$#!: Colder weather is supposed to return Friday here,
               hopefully in your area as well. :unsure:
                         Fish.......I'm glad after a few misses I'm glad, I assume it was your son that finally caught that nice Perch. :clap:
                         I-45......I hope that the Dr. is right about the time frame for the new and increased dosage to stat working and it helps with the headaches. :unsure:
               Did you and Mr. Dickens find any new spots in NH? ???
                         Steve....It's always a sad day when you hear of people going through the ice and the results don't end well for them. :( These warm temperatures
               sure make it unsafe to go out on the ice. :cookoo:
                         Well our first trip last Friday resulted in being a slow day. I caught 1 short Lake Trout and lost 1. Jon caught 2 shorts. The ice was sketchy in places
               to say the least. I was sitting on 5" and 20 feet behind me it was just a half inch. With the warm weather we're having there will be a lot of open water.
               It doesn't look good for any ice making until Friday.
                         I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or Out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

As you can see some ice eating fog and some very thin spots around.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #958 on: Jan 02, 2023, 05:27 AM »
Morning all,

IFF.....yay, nice work  :thumbsup:  :flex:

FH4.....sorry to read about the camper getting stuck  :(

IW......you're a braver soul than me to be on that ice  :o :nono: :pinch:

WS.....fingers crossed Mother Nature lets you get the tree work done since she messed up Shamu season on you  :whistle:

Eddie....any news on the baby appearance yet  ???

H2L.....hoping MrsH2 is continuing to feel better  ;)

MrC.....very sad news about the ice fishermen, never something you want to hear  :'(

MrWW wrapped up deer season yesterday, returning home w/o a deer  :-\  said the were a lot of deer around just no bucks  ::)  now we just wait for ice  :icefish:

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #959 on: Jan 02, 2023, 05:53 AM »
Good morning IW, WW! Good morning everyone :bow:

28 degrees with another round of snow rolling in tomorrow into Wednesday. Looks like another foot by the time it wraps up on Wednesday.

Bud...Has to be a relief getting the water problem fixed :thumbsup:

IW... Sorry to read your weather won't allow the good freeze to continue. It certainly could be worse :whistle:

WW...Best wishes for some good ice to set up soon. I am guessing at least one of the jobs will be on hold for a while. With another foot of snow coming they both may be shaky.

I have a couple errands to take care of today then just hanging out with my wife on her last day of vacation. Tomorrow she takes on her busiest month of the year. "Be on my best behavior January" I call it ;D

Hope you all have a good Monday :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.