Author Topic: The New 9:45 Thread..  (Read 215851 times)

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: The New 9:45 Thread..
« Reply #540 on: Nov 27, 2022, 05:48 AM »
Morning all,

IW.....fingers crossed today's the day, good luck  ;)2  belated birthday wishes for your d-i-l  :thumbsup:

IFF.....the white knuckle driving is no fun  :nono:  safe travels as you continue on your way  :)

Eddie.....sure would be nice if we didn't get enough snow to need a smitty sled this winter  :whistle:

WS.....hope your temps drop and the skies stay clear so you can get Shamu set up soon  :icefish:

H2L....best of lick on the alley tonight  :flex:

MrC.....nice find on the wreath, sounds like a win-win for you and the scouts  :thumbsup:

Looks like a rainy day on tap, nothing much planned, maybe some online browsing  ;)2

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #541 on: Nov 27, 2022, 06:40 AM »
33* and rain on the way.

My brother called the deer processer and he said he is so busy that any deer brought in now will be at least 7 to 9 days before it is done. Guess what we are doing today. My brother and nephew have done theirs for years. Ron has everything to do the job with. The wife was a little iffy about it but I asked her "just how well do you know the guy I was going to take it to"....lol She said that's not funny!

My left ankle has been bothering me for the past couple days, not sure if I will bowl tonight or not. I am sure it is the damp weather, my brother said he was sore all over yesterday.

WW, I am sure I am too late for the pie but I have been working on left over pie here.

Hope everyone has a good day and be well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #542 on: Nov 27, 2022, 07:18 AM »
Good morning everyone, 34* and cloudy. Wife is at work today. Ran out meds this weekend so have a bad headache. Can’t wait for tomorrow with the pharmacy reopening. I hope everyone is having a good weekend.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #543 on: Nov 27, 2022, 07:23 AM »

Good morning ER's  only need ice to make it another 12 hours and it should as people were out late afternoon when we came back from family time stuff. Bait store open again looking good in Madison.

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #544 on: Nov 27, 2022, 08:36 AM »
Well the end of the vacation today and back to work, checked email last night so that I do not have tons to get caught back up on and and seen a report from my coworker and it looks.like there are still issues so another long week. Well did not make it fishing as the weather was sleet and then snow and just did not want to mess with the thin ice and all with that type of weather. Maybe will go and see if I can find a pheasant to chase around, but we did get the tree up and things moved around the house so the wife is happy. Have a great Sunday everyone.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #545 on: Nov 27, 2022, 04:28 PM »
Good evening everyone :bow:

Well, I got busted; the cribbage board has been recovered :o Somehow the board found its way into my wife's work tote bag :whistle: She always takes a few files and other supplies home for her “work from home” days. I knew a safe place to put it would be in her work tote bag because there would be no way she would go into it during her vacation this past week :whistle:

Everything was going well until my neighbor stopped in today. He needed a Notary stamp on a document and he knew my wife was a Notary. I didn’t even think about it until I heard her bellering my first and middle name (never a positive thing) from her downstairs office. My neighbor looked at me and said “what the hell did you do?” Well, it dawned on me pretty fast that her stamper was in the bag :unsure:

So far today out of 6 games I have lost 5 :%$#!:

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #546 on: Nov 27, 2022, 08:00 PM »
 Good evening like many of you rain arrived this afternoon sky already had some darks clouds this morning. To all who maybe interested I will leave a link to my local daily newspaper's website at end of this post. They still has the Egg Bert story up and some of You may Have the Hallmark TV channel and watch the annual Christmas Special movie this years was film at different locations in my section of NY. So paper had a story on the film. Eddie,Ice Wanderer if you are interest you will also find reports and photos from the 2 football games. I believe you can view 3 stories before you are blocked. How they get you to buy a subscription. Tomorrow is our annual home property owners meeting for the condo complex being done by zoom this year with my current computer issues will not be able to see the meeting. I had made plans to go to a neighbors apartment and watch the meeting. when I was at my sister and BIL's for Thanksgiving my sister was battling a cold or other infection. So I called the neighbor earlier to say I would not be coming over don't want to risk spreading germs. this neighbor is in her eighties and does not need any illness.. I will send an email and write a follow up letter requesting minutes from the meeting.
Iff I thought you were having Thanksgiving in Iowa. May the rest of your trip to daughters be problem free. May the drywall work also go well with no headaches. Enjoy your time with daughter. You sure have done a lot of traveling in the past year.
Eddie thank you for the comments on football game. CBA should be proud of it's season. I will not say to much in case you decide to use the link and read report on the game. Something happened in the second quarter that Newburgh was able to benefit from during rest of the game. Newburgh will play Bennett from Buffalo area in the Championship game on Sunday Dec.4 TH at the JMA Wireless Dome (former Carrier Dome). May it have been a good day of deer hunting for your son. best to you with the Smitty sled build.
Ice Wanderer thank you also for your comments on O'neill's victory over Warrensburg. I hope it was a good morning of deer hunting. may your football team have won it's game this afternoon.
Wallyworld it seems a snow storm always causes  on ice travel problems for us ice fishermen and women . The Smitty sled also makes travel on bare ice easier. I hope you find some Christmas items during you on-line browsing today.
Hunts2long good that you, your brother and nephew know how to process your deer and can avoid the wait time at processor. I'm sure the three of you will do a fine job and your wife will not have to worry at the meat being infected. best to you with the ankle maybe look at getting a brace or wrapping the ankle for a few hours along with Epsom  salt soaks.
Icefisher-45 may you be able to get all of your medications tomorrow . I saw your post in the Grumpy thread all the best wished in battling the foot infection along with the headache. Also hope needed parts arrive and the jeep passes inspection before current sticker expires.
Old goat may it have been a good day if you went out ice fishing.
Fish/hunt4ever sorry to hear there are still problems at your workplace and it looks like you will be returning from vacation to a long work week. Good job on getting the tree up and completing some other house chores so your wife is happy. may you have gotten some pheasants if you went out today.
Whopper Stopper. may you not be living in the garage for the next few days. just a thought if your wife has to go to her workplace tomorrow while she is out purchase some flowers or her favorite snack items. leave this in a place she will see the flowers/snack items upon entering your home. include a note apologizing for hiding the cribbage board offer a proposal the two of you find a new game or games to playas a family Christmas present. explain the joy of playing cribbage has left you since you win such a low percentage of the games. this is worth a try any way.
here is the link to newspaper's website.   [urlhttp://www.recordonline.com][/url]

Keep safe stay healthy. be alert of scams while doing any on-line holiday shopping. best to all fishing and hunting.
Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #547 on: Nov 28, 2022, 05:26 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                            It's 38* and cloudy, it rained hard last night and we lost a lot of the snow that was here. ::)
                            Marv.........Hiding the cribbage board was a good idea, but how were you going to explain it's arrival when Jo went back to work? ???
              I would have gotten rid of the thing permanently. lol :roflmao:
                            Eddie........I hope you got you Smitty sled together, at least you're preparing for ice fishing. :flex: :clap:
                            H2l...........It's getting harder and harder to find someone to process deer around here, I've done my own following a video on YouTube. :flex:
                            I-45..........Hopefully you can get your meds today to help relieve your pain. :unsure:
                            Wally.........Is Mr. WW back in hunting camp? ???
                            OG............Hopefull y your temps will drop and you can get back on the ice again. :unsure:
                            Steve........I thought you were getting a new Laptop to get rid of the computer issues. :blink: I saw a recap of the games on the news last night.
              Warrensburg looked great in the first half but O'neill came back and held the Burgers to no score in the second half. :whistle:
                            As I mentioned we lost a lot of snow with the rain and warmer temperatures, but my driveway looks icey, so I have some work to do this
              morning.
                            I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #548 on: Nov 28, 2022, 05:34 AM »
38* and some clouds around.

Well, we got my deer capped out and cut up yesterday. Had lots of help and got almost 70lbs of meat. We got enough so that this morning I am going with the wife and pick up a small freeze. We have been saying we should get one and every season when I get lucky it will come in handy. We also got my brothers deer skinned and quarter. His deer also had an old bullet hole in one of it's ears.

I didn't bowl last night and I also have a follow-up on Tuesday with my Dr. so will ask about it.

WS, glad the "board" has returned. I guess you were "pegged".

Hope everyone has a good day and be safe.....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #549 on: Nov 28, 2022, 05:53 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, H2, Morning Everyone,
  Another windy start to the day here, 44* with a high of 47 today.

Jeff…we had some good rain here as well, but no snow on the ground to deal with icing up. Take er easy on the icy spots, don’t need you taking a fall this am.   :thumbsup: 
  H2…that’s awesome you had extra hands helping out with the butchering, excellent yield of venison!!  :clap:  Good luck with finding a freezer today.  :thumbsup:
  Steve…saw some highlights from that CBA game yesterday on local news. Best of luck to the Newburgh squad taking the Championship!   :clap:  Good idea passing on the meeting with your neighbor, hopefully there’s no snags in todays owner meeting.   :thumbsup:
  Marv…yup, anytime you hear the first and middle name being emphasized you know you’re in trouble..dang neighbor!  :roflmao:  Hope you learned your lesson mister… ;D  :clap:
  FH4…best wishes with today’s trouble shooting at the plant!  :thumbsup:
  OG…hope the ice beat the clock!   :tipup:
  I-45…best wishes sent your way, that sucks about running out of your meds….hope you made it through ok.  :thumbsup:
  Wally…how did the online shopping go? Believe that will be part of today’s planner here as well.  ;D

Got a message yesterday morning just after sunrise from my son Mike, 6 pointer down!  :clap:  He’s been struggling this season with the deer hunting so that was welcoming news.  :thumbsup:
  Never got around to the Smitty sled yesterday, but that is on today’s planner…Cawfee’s still on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #550 on: Nov 28, 2022, 06:05 AM »
Good morning, ER’s. Arrived at daughters home in Iowa, without any mishaps. Hour ahead of schedule. Jake was real trooper, and not complaining he wanted to stop every 50 miles.

Quick trip to a Menards for metal corner pieces, and drywall tape.  So now the fun begins. Hope my back is up to the task, got a little tender bending over with the chainsaw.

Checking the weather here it’s 26* with a high of 50 expected.

Got a good chuckle about the cribbage board, yup you got pegged lol

Good day to all

Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #551 on: Nov 28, 2022, 06:43 AM »
Morning all,

H2L....hope you find a good deal on a freezer  ;)  sorry the ankle kept you off the alley  :( 

IFF.....good to hear your co-pilot didn't keep having to stop on the drive  :thumbsup:

Eddie.....congrats to your son on scoring the buck  :flex: :clap: careful with the online shopping, it's easy to get sucked into cyberspace for hours and hours  :whistle:  (don't ask how I know :wacko:

IW......MrWW has been at camp since Thanksgiving night  @)  good luck with the ice removal  :flex:

WS..... :nono: :nono: :nono: hope that doghouse has heat :roflmao: 

FH4....hope you can get the work problems figured out this week  :blink:

MrC....good idea to stay home and not risk getting your neighbor sick  :thumbsup:  hope the meeting stays civil  :unsure:

Rainy days and online shopping are meant to go together  :woot:  Luckily I didn't find too much "stuff" I wanted so I still have a couple $$ in the bank  :roflmao:

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #552 on: Nov 28, 2022, 08:12 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

26 degrees with a shot at 40 by the afternoon. The guessers are all over the board with tomorrows weather. They are saying anywhere from 2"-5" of the heavy wet stuff, the area lakes are really going to suffer if we get dumped on :%$#!:

mr.clean...Some good ideas, Thanks. Growing up in a house hold of extreme volatile game players, I lost interest in all games at a very early age. It didn't matter what the game my entire family was ruthless as they scratched and clawed trying to win and when they didn't win tempers would flare. When one would win a particular game the bragging started and then the arguing would ensue. It left a very bad taste in my mouth that never went away. Even today everything is a competition with my brother and sister although over the years they learned to keep it between themselves. My wife even picks and chooses when playing games with them. A few times when playing she got first hand experience of why games aren't fun for me.  Anyway, my wife knew from day one that I had no time for board games or card games and she was fine with it. Cribbage is really the only game that I will once in awhile play so the disappearing cribbage board made her laugh more than it made her angry.

IW...Good luck with ice detail :thumbsup:

h2l...Good luck with the freezer purchase :thumbsup:

Eddie...Pass my Congratulations onto Mike...Awesome :clap: :thumbsup:

WW...Glad the piggy bank isn't empty :thumbsup:

A couple of errand this morning then out to the garage.

Hope everyone has a good Monday :thumbsup: Best of luck to those on the ice or in the woods :thumbsup:

Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #553 on: Nov 28, 2022, 08:22 AM »
WS.....fingers crossed the snow totals stay on the low end of the guessing game  :-\

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #554 on: Nov 28, 2022, 05:48 PM »
Well we are having a winter wonderland here got a few inches of snow that covered everything whole at work, got most moved here at the house and it is still snowing a bit, nothing to accumulate overnight they say but you never know in these parts can have a foot when inwake in the morning, never had the lake effect snow of lots of feet, and work issues continued so a shutndown was had and see what we have tomorrow. Have a major PM on instrument this week as well sonwe will see how it all goes. Have a great night everyone.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #555 on: Nov 28, 2022, 10:01 PM »
Good evening reading 42 on my balcony thermometer when I last checked. While no phone call from my neighbor/friend so I assume nothing major happened at ton night's meeting. I hope they met the quota  to hold any votes meeting started at 6 Pm. Some of the property owners may not have been home from work at that time. Around 8PM knock on my door from next store neighbor asked if I had watched the Zoom she works in NYC and had just gotten home. told her about my computer issue and meeting start time she replied that is not the best time to start the meeting. talked with a friend who uses same internet service provider as me to see if he used that company's supplied modem and router or had purchased his own. like me he uses the company supplied equipment. On my bill it list a $5 dollar monthly charge for WIFI service and $80 dollars per month for other internet services. I'm wondering if the $5 dollars is monthly router rental fee the modem is usage is free of charge. this friend also offered to help setup the computer told him I planed to have Best buy do the set up. He said see how much they charge shared story about when he had a computer problem called Best Buy and was told it would cost $150 dollars just for best buy to look at his computer. So going to make an appointment with my service provider tell them what I plan to purchase and ask will my current equipment from them function with new computer or do I need to get upgraded equipment from them.
Ice Wanderer may the icy ground from melted snow not have caused you any problems today. Glad you were able to see a recap of the Warrensburg-O'Neill game on your local news. I believe meat cutting/butchering is becoming a lost skill/trade. some supermarket chains now receive all of the meat products prepackaged so they do not have to employ and pay for butchers.
hunts2long good to read your deer has been processed and work started on your brother's deer. Hope you found a freezer and still have some money in your wallet. may your ankle be feeling better today.
Iff glad you arrived safely at your daughters in Iowa and ahead of schedule. Happy for you Jake was a trooper and you did not have to take frequent travel breaks. Best wished for you with the dry wall work.
happy you got to see highlights from the Newburgh-CBA football game. please give my congratulations to your son mike on his harvesting of a 6 point buck.
Wally to bad you did not find many items you wanted to purchase while on-line shopping glad you have money left in your wallet/purse. best to Mr.WW and his deer hunting efforts. Do NY. regulations now allow you to take two bucks combined during the states archery,muzzle loader and rifle seasons .I thought at one time it was one buck/doe unless you had a separate doe permit then you were allowed to take one buck and one during the overall season.
Whoper Stopper thank you for the back ground info. on your experiences from a young age with board and card games. maybe you and your wife can start doing jigsaw puzzles together just don't argue over who gets to put in the last puzzle piece.  Glad to read that after her initial reaction to finding the hidden cribbage board she laughed off the incident.
Fish/hunt4ever may you not wake up to a foot or more of snow on the ground tomorrow. may all the snow be the light powdery easier to shovel type. Sorry to hear he problems continue at work were any changes made to the testing equipment just before the problems started showing up or a change in where you get what I will call raw materials used to make the sulfuric acid. if s either one of these things might be the cause of the problems. May you and your co-workers resolve the problem in coming days.

may everyone have a good night. Best to all fishing and hunting.
 Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #556 on: Nov 29, 2022, 04:51 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                               It's 27* and mostly cloudy here on my hill. ::)
                               Eddie..........Congrat ulations  to Mike on taking a Buck. :clap: Now get that Smitty built.  :roflmao:
                               Steve..........My mother in law just bought a smart TV on Friday and had trouble getting it to work, It was determined that
                   her TV server box was out dated and the same with her internet equipment, so they have to be up graded to handle the new TV. :whistle:
                               H2l.............Good to hear that your deer is processed and good luck finding a freezer. :blink: Sorry to hear that your ankle kept you
                  from bowling. :%$#!:
                              Marv............I can understand your not wanting to play games. I saw too many fights start from losses when I was in the Navy, so I
                  never really got in to them especially when money ios involved. So when my wife and her mother wanted me to play cards, that 9 hole card
                  game, I backed out. They made fun of me. I finally caved and played. So when my wife and I play I win 95% of the time. she makes comments
                  about losing her money, She says she's only kidding, but I know it bugs her. :blink:
                              Wally...........I'm glad you didn't break the bank doing your online shopping. :thumbsup:
                              Fish.............Good luck at the plant today. :flex:
                              Bud.............I'm glad you had a problem free trip, it's good that Jake didn't hold you up. If I was there it would be me stopping every
                  2 hours or so. lol :roflmao:
                             I-45.............I hope you got your meds yesterday? :unsure:
                             Yesterday the snow/ice diminished quite a bit, I did sand the bad areas. I hope to head out this morning for the early hunt. I have an oil
                 change scheduled at 1pm.
                             I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy. 

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #557 on: Nov 29, 2022, 05:31 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Morning Everyone,
  The winds have calmed down here this morning, 31* with a high of 38 today.

Jeff…best of luck this morning, hope you get your sights on a nice one!  :thumbsup:  Realized yesterday why I put off building the Smitty sled…the ski’s I had tucked away were delaminating, lol. Will check at my transfer station today, tis’ the season again.  ;D
  Steve.. thanks, will pass the congrats on to Mike! Good luck with the computer and seeking information from your provider, hope everything works out well for you!   :thumbsup:
  FH4..as mentioned, hopefully the snow accumulation is minimal…good luck tracking down the cause of the problems today.   :thumbsup:
  Marv…couldn’t help but chuckle reading about the competition with board games…seems that’s quite common here as well. I have learned over the years to stay clear of family Monopoly games among a few others!   :roflmao: :nono:  Hope the snow misses your area!  :thumbsup:
  Wally…I’m not sure how many different states I window shopped in yesterday, but my gas gauge is still reading full this morning!  ;D  Today will be a start buying day!  :thumbsup:
  Bud…hope day 1 of the drywall went well for you! Glad Jake was up for the traveling this trip, atta boy Jake!!  :clap: :thumbsup:
  H2…hope you’re feeling some relief today with your ankle…how did the freezer shopping go?   :thumbsup:

Thank You all for the congrats on my sons buck, will pass on the good words!   :thumbsup:  Was feeling a bit under the weather yesterday but hitting on most of the cylinders so far today.
  Have a few errands on the planner this morning and then hopefully wrapping up some Christmas shopping before I get myself in trouble with the ease of online stores, Doh!  Cawfee’s on…

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #558 on: Nov 29, 2022, 05:42 AM »
29* this morning.

Eddie, Congrats to Mike.

WS, my parents were card players. Mosty Canasta, Pinochle, etc. Dad was a pretty good cribbage player so I played a lot with him. I played a lot of pinochle while in the Navy. Then I learned Euchre which I really like but not many play it around here. Pitch is the big local game. We pretty much are a board game or checkers family these days.

Wife had a doctor appt. yesterday with a new doctor as a Prim. Care, she seemed to like him.

Then we went to pick up the freezer which she had already paid for, got there and they said it was out of stock. Got lucky and found the same one at a Lowes in Saratoga for less. We only needed a small chest freeze for times like these. I am sure it will be used by other family members as needed.

I have a follow-up with my doctor this morning so will mention my ankle that doesn't feel bad this morning. The past week has been a busy.

Have a good day and be well...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #559 on: Nov 29, 2022, 06:32 AM »

Good morning ER's had a few laughs with the kid last night seems she likes to shop.  2 people did the cold bath thing hear but were pulled out and did not need medical attention. Have a good day and stay safe.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #560 on: Nov 29, 2022, 06:38 AM »
Morning all,

MrC.....it depends on how many licenses you buy (archery, muzzle, regular season) then doe permits plus someone can give you their doe permit, it's all kind of mind boggling  :wacko:  but you can legally take quite a few deer each season plus you also have a bear tag with the license

H2L.....good luck at the doc's today, glad MrsH2 liked the new guy  :thumbsup:

Eddie.....hope you can find a good set of skis  ;)

IW......good luck in the woods today  :flex:

IFF.....hope the back is holding up ok  :-\

WS.....keeping my fingers crossed your snow stays on the low end  ;)

OG.....glad the 2 made it out ok   :nono:

A few errands today, that's about it  @)

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #561 on: Nov 29, 2022, 08:25 AM »

28 degrees to kick off the morning. Looks like we will end up with about 6"-8" of snow before it's done. Tomorrow it will be a windy bugger so it will be a couple days before I will do snow detail. Pretty disappointing after having such a good early jump on lake ice. This will put a hamper on things for while :%$#!:

IW...Good luck this morning, hope you see some deer activity :thumbsup: I guess it's comforting to see others have witnessed mass hysteria while playing games. I truly thought it was just my family that threw fun out the window and attacked games like it was a matter of life or death.

Eddie...Glad you are feeling better today. Kudos to you for doing gift wrapping. :thumbsup: I am all thumbs when it comes to that. Over the years the wrapping paper has gotten thinner and thinner and my packages always end up with ripped paper or gifts with tear holes and taped patches. These days when I have to wrap something and it doesn't fit in a gift bag, I use brown paper grocery bags with stickers and a bow. They're still thick enough to take the abuse my fingers give them.

h2l...Glad your wife likes her new Dr., good deal with the chest freezer :thumbsup:

OG...Glad to see that the snow we are getting will miss you :thumbsup:

WW...Safe travels when out and about running errands :thumbsup: Continued best wishes to Mr. WW at hunting camp :thumbsup:

Not much on the planner here. My wife chose to work from home today instead of driving to the jungle. I can only imagine how the lunatics are handling slippery roads :cookoo:

Hope to all have a good Tuesday :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #562 on: Nov 29, 2022, 08:55 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, 31* here and sunny. Did manage to get my meds yesterday so my headache is better. Mobile Mechanic came by and tightened my tie rod which was loose. Brought the Jeep to another inspection station and it passed.

WallyWorld, Hope your errands go smoothly today. Good luck to Mr WallyWorld at hunting camp.

Whopper Stopper, Thats good your wife managed to stay home. People forget how to drive in bad weather. Fortunately we don’t have any snow yet.

Ice Wanderer, Good luck in the woods today and at your oil change. I’m lucky that when we play Cribbage neither one of us are sore losers. When I worked on the Ambulance I use to play cribbage with a 99 yr old woman at a nursing home and she use to whack me with her cane if I won.

OG, Glad those 2 made it out safely.

Hunts2long, Thats good your wife likes her new Dr. Good luck at your follow up appointment. That’s good news your ankle is feeling better.

Mason Eddie, Have fun wrapping presents and good luck finding skis for the sled.

I hope everyone has a safe and good day.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #563 on: Nov 29, 2022, 11:28 AM »
Well in the issues with the plant, nothing has changed on analytical and we have shipped samples out to verify the numbers at our other plants.  The raw material is not an issue either as we can test other parts of the process and it is really clean on one side and dirty towards the storing side of things.  We are better today but not great and just threw out there that we have the PM to do for the next couple of days, so lots of break downs and such, but we will see how it goes today, headed for another sample right now.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #564 on: Nov 29, 2022, 09:44 PM »
Good evening  30 degrees outside sky was overcast for most of the daylight hours. gas prices have been dropping here over the past couple of weeks .I paid $3-39 per gal of 87 octane when I filled up today,93 octane was still over $4 dollars a gallon diesel has dropped some down to $5.59 . I called my internet provider customer service to day if the person I talked to is correct my current modem and router will work with the new computer. I had a message from my neighbor/friend on my answering machine so returned her phone call. She informed me that last night's property owner's meeting by Zoom was to be polite a joke. Only 12 people logged in for the meeting which last 15 to 20 minutes. The recent one year additional monthly maintenance fee was never mentioned.. They did remind people of the complex's policy with regards to moving your car so snow can be powed/cleared after storms. Also a plea for new people to join the board of directors. The policy on how snow is plowed is post on bullietion boards found by mail boxes as my friend said not everyone looks at or reads the notices. Print a yearly letter and hand deliver it tap to apartment doors if no one answers many renters here and not all property owner/landlords inform their tenants of policies.
Ice wander may you have seen or taken a deer on this morning's hunt. I hope the oil change went off problem free. may your MIL now have the proper equipment and be able to enjoy her new smart TV .
Eddie there should be skis for sale on Craigs list or similar websites . Also remember you have two ski centers in the northern Catskills Hunter and Windham both may have rental skis they are willing to part with save this for your last option since it is a bit of a trip for you to either ski center.
Hunts2long good to read you found a freezer and for a lower price then the one your wife had purchased on-line only to go to that store and be told it was out of stock. Glad your wife liked her new primary care doctor. May your follow-up appointment have gone well today and the doctor have some idea on how to end your ankle pain.
Wallyworld thank you for answering my question about NY. deer hunting regulations. given the current policies I assume the state's deer herd is doing well and the state sees a chance to make money off of deer hunters.
Old Goat good to hear the two people pulled from ice bath are alright.
Whopper Stopper may you not have to many inches of snow on the ground and winds be blowing it into drifts. smart move by your wife  working from home today as Icefisher-45 posted people forget how to drive in snow from one year to the next. If she asked to play a game of cribbage during her lunch break I hope you were a good husband and agreed to a game.
Icefisher-45 glad your were able to get your medications and your headache is doing better. Nice to read mobile mechanic was able to tighten the tie-rod and your Jeep passed inspection.
fish/hunt4evermay you have resolved the work place problems or be closer to finding a solution. thank you for answering my question/comment on the raw materials  and the outside labs have verified your testing numbers. I'm not exactly sure what the PM involves but may it go well and the time it is completed your plant be back to full production.

Have a good night. Best to all fishing and hunting .
  Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #565 on: Nov 30, 2022, 04:40 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                           It's 28* and mostly cloudy here on my hill.
                           Eddie..........I have a set of skis you can have, they're 53.5". I don't remember if I cut them down or not. All we have to do is meet up
                somewhere. :whistle: I hope you are feeling better. :unsure:
                           H2l.............It's good to hear that your wife likes her new Dr.. :thumbsup: I hope the freezer gives you plenty of room for your over flow
                of meat. :flex:
                           Marv...........Hopeful ly the temperature stays below freezing and the snow is light and fluffy so it can get blown off the lakes. :unsure:
                           Wally..........I hope you got your errands done. :unsure: If one wants, they can get a lot of extra tags for deer, good luck to Mr. WW. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
                           Steve.........I hope your internet provider had the answers for you about upgrading your equipment. :unsure:
                           OG............Glad to read that the artic swimmers are OK. :thumbsup:
                           Fish...........It sounds like there is a lot going on at the plant, hopefully it can be resolved. :blink:
                           I-45..........I'm glad you got your meds for the headaches. Also good the your vehicle passed the inspection. :flex:
                           I saw nothing yesterday morning in the woods, might give it a try this morning. My oil change also included tire rotation, a marker lamp
                replacement and finally my yearly truck inspection. Got out the door for $100.
                           I hope everyone has a good Wednesday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #566 on: Nov 30, 2022, 05:12 AM »
30* and they are saying some snow and windy.

IW, hope a deer finds you in the woods this morning, out the door for $100, that is pretty good.

Eddie, glad you are feeling better. I have heard that the weigh-in for the Challege is at Sport Island Pub, I will get the facts and let you know. I know a lot of people won't be happy if that is the only location. The good thing is Sport Island is only 3 miles from the house. Also, if you have a problem finding skis' I can check with my brother, he may be able to set you up, he worked a Lapland Lake for more than 25 years.

My doctor appt. went well, ankle wasn't hurting yesterday but he kept my pain pill prescription active in case I need some. Got the meat in the freezer. This morning the wife has a F/U with a doctor at St. Peters in Albany, I am going with her.

Hope everyone has a good day and be well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #567 on: Nov 30, 2022, 05:49 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, H2, Morning Everyone,
  Well the winds have returned again this morning, 32* with some rain expected late am, high in the upper 40’s.

Steve..gas still holding at $3.80 and higher around here. Thanks for the heads up on the ski’s, I’m not in a big hurry, have 2 Smittys at the ready and there’s usually several to choose from at my transfer station free for the taking…will keep my eye out.   :thumbsup:
  Jeff…thanks, feeling good this am! Appreciate the offer on the ski’s, might take you up on the offer if I strike out in the next week or two, Thank You!   :thumbsup:  Glad you were able to get the truck squared away yesterday, best of luck to you today with the deer hunting! 
  H2…thanks, glad your appointment went well and best wishes to your wife this morning with hers.  :clap:  Understand Sport Island Pub was one of the weigh in’s not certain on the others…any info would be greatly appreciated, Thank You!  :thumbsup:
  FH4…sounds like your narrowing down the causes of the problems, good luck with today’s samples.  :thumbsup:
  I-45…good news on getting your meds and getting the Jeep to pass inspection…big relief on both I’m sure!  :clap: :thumbsup:
  Marv…glad Jo was able to work from home and avoid the screwballs on the road yesterday, maybe today as well?  :clap:
That sucks about the snowfall wrecking the early ice, hopefully you get another change in weather with some rain/melting temps to help combat that problem.  :%$#!:  PS…I suck at wrapping also, lol.
  Wally…might be a good day for opening up the bakery today if you’re getting the same weather as here today?  :whistle:
Best of luck continued for Mr.WW filling tags at deer camp! NY is pretty generous with the deer harvesting compared to some states that’s for sure.   :thumbsup:
  OG…good news on the fishermen/women who took the plunge, glad they made it out with no medical problems!  :bow:
  Dave…hope all is well with you up in the Great North Sir!!  :thumbsup:

Feeling much better this morning, thank you everyone! Checked on a few local lakes again yesterday, everything that had a skim of ice is wide open again….it’s going to be awhile before we get good ice it appears.
  A few errands to run with my wife this morning, not much on the planner after that…Cawfee’s on…

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #568 on: Nov 30, 2022, 06:41 AM »
Morning all,

H2L.....safe travels, fingers crossed for a good report  ;)

WS....hope the weatherman over stated your predicted snow totals and you aren't facing a day's worth of clean up :flex:

Eddie....glad you're feeling better  :clap:  it's almost time for the Christmas apron to come out of storage  :whistle:

MrC....yes NY has a pretty healthy deer population  :thumbsup:  surprised no one mentioned the increase in monthly fees  :wacko: 

IW....glad the oil change/inspection didn't break the bank  :clap:

IF45.....good news on the meds and the Jeep  :thumbsup:

Supposed to be a rainy windy day today, good time to start checking the pantry to see what baking ingredients need restocking  :)

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #569 on: Nov 30, 2022, 06:50 AM »

19 degrees with a stiff west wind at 20mph and gusts to 27mph at the moment. We ended up with 7" of snow, but I see I have a couple 3' drifts that will need some work. At least I know what I am going to be doing today.

IW...Best of luck if going into the woods today :thumbsup:

h2l...Best of luck to your wife this morning with her appointment :thumbsup:

Eddie...Good luck with your errands :thumbsup: Our lakes will be on hold for some time.

WW...Hope you can find everything you need to get the bakery up and running :thumbsup: Is Mr.WW seeing any deer?

Yesterday there were some 387 crashes round the State with about 40 crashes with injuries, and hundreds of spin outs. I see this morning they are taking up where they left off :cookoo: Today my wife is again working from home.

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup: Best of luck to any on the water or in the bush :thumbsup:

Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.