Author Topic: St Crox Crap  (Read 4448 times)

Offline SGM

• Team IceShanty Regular
St Crox Crap
« on: Feb 19, 2022, 05:34 PM »
st crap rods wanted to charge me $50 to repair a $50 rod that was defective.  The blank turned inside the handle new.  Keep that in mind when you buy a rod.  Clam goes out of their way to take care of their customers.
"I never felt bad about doing the right thing"

Offline bobberbill

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: St Crox Crap
« Reply #1 on: Feb 20, 2022, 09:31 AM »
Fix it yourself!

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Feb 20, 2022, 09:45 AM »
I've got 4 St. Croix ice rods.  Never a problem
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline HWeber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 20, 2022, 09:47 AM »
st crap rods wanted to charge me $50 to repair a $50 rod that was defective.  The blank turned inside the handle new.  Keep that in mind when you buy a rod.  Clam goes out of their way to take care of their customers.

You're hilarious. Clam  :roflmao:

Offline FishGut

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Feb 20, 2022, 09:54 AM »
Fix it yourself!

St. Croix call themselves the top of the line, and prices products that same way. Put up or shut up is what I say. Caveat Emptor is an excuse for cheats and thieves.
Nebraska certified Fishing Instructor

Offline bobberbill

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 20, 2022, 10:23 AM »
How do we know the OP didn't cause the problem and now wants StCroix to fix it for free. Maybe the China option would be in his best interest.

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #6 on: Feb 20, 2022, 10:25 AM »
And a few drops of epoxy or hot glue down the handle hole is too difficult?  Sheesh...some people can't fix the simplest things anymore.  ::)
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline FishGut

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Feb 20, 2022, 10:53 AM »
And a few drops of epoxy or hot glue down the handle hole is too difficult?  Sheesh...some people can't fix the simplest things anymore.  ::)

I think that's the original problem, ennit? If I'm doing the assembly after the fact, I might as well be using broken rod tips and a stack of wine corks

Sheesh. I'd hate to hire you for whatever you do, attorney, electrician or machinist. You get paid to do a job.

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8 on: Feb 20, 2022, 11:00 AM »
You're making it waaaay more difficult than it needs to be. Glue it/deal with it and move on. In todays world, with the quality/lack of out there, you'll have some issues. If ya can fix them easily, do it. If not, then return item.
By the way, I spent 27 years as a decorated law enforcement officer. Heard all the whining I ever want to hear.

Offline river_scum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hook n cook
« Reply #9 on: Feb 20, 2022, 11:16 AM »
just return it or glue it.  sucks they would let something like that out of the factory.  personally i dont think any rod is worth the money they ask for some of their stuff.  i guess if your not buying one of their lifetime warranty rods save your money.

jump all over a guy for posting about a faulty product?  you people are wacked. lol
real fishermen don't ask "where you catch those"

OANN the real story

- member here since -2003- IN.

Offline FishGut

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Feb 20, 2022, 11:20 AM »
Like you, I swore an oath to protect the Constitution from enemies, foreign and domestic. Years later, I still feel obligated.

Once I get someone's word I hold them to it, and you should too

https://stcroixrods.com/pages/culture

Offline bobberbill

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Feb 20, 2022, 11:38 AM »
Op didn't say it was new. Could have picked it up at a garage sale for a bargain. If ya can't fix a damn fishin pole.....

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #12 on: Feb 20, 2022, 11:46 AM »
Like you, I swore an oath to protect the Constitution from enemies, foreign and domestic. Years later, I still feel obligated.

Once I get someone's word I hold them to it, and you should too

https://stcroixrods.com/pages/culture

Do you know where he even purchased it? New? Old? What? And...you're actually telling me how to run my life???!! By holding a company to their absolute word??!! Best car built!!  :roflmao:  You believe in Santa, too? Never mind, I could care less. Already wasted three minutes on obtuse foolishness.

Back to the damned OP thread. Just fix the danged thing or return it. This choo's choo's running derailed. Whoooo whooo.........

Offline RyanW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Feb 20, 2022, 11:50 AM »
I take it nobody is fishing today…….

The consumer should never be quality control regardless of the product. Personally, I think St. Croix is overrated especially when it comes to ice rods. That’s why I don’t buy them.
“When the fish are biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using. When the fish aren’t biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using” - Uncle Dave

Offline river_scum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hook n cook
« Reply #14 on: Feb 20, 2022, 11:54 AM »
I take it nobody is fishing today…….

hell no its a weekend!  all the spot snipers are out there lookin for free ride.  lol
real fishermen don't ask "where you catch those"

OANN the real story

- member here since -2003- IN.

Offline bobberbill

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Feb 20, 2022, 12:20 PM »
Didn't know the REAL St. Croix made a 50$ rod.

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #16 on: Feb 20, 2022, 02:24 PM »
I've had 5 of 'em, and in my many years fishing, I too think they are a bit overpriced. Only have 2 of the older Premier series now. Much as I hate to say it, and I don't buy junk, is the Gander guide/Pro series are nice rods, IMO. Picked up a few Shimano ice rods at the shows, too...those seem to be few and far between though,
'Course, it's whatever ya really like...pretty much an individual thing and not really anyone elses decision.

Offline HWeber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Feb 20, 2022, 02:27 PM »
If they won't take the rod back for a full refund there's more to the story.

Offline skifisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Feb 20, 2022, 03:23 PM »
If they won't take the rod back for a full refund there's more to the story.

Like what????
"Ice fishing...ah, the anticipation! 🎣”

Offline Sylvanboat

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #19 on: Feb 20, 2022, 03:40 PM »
Maybe I’m just a shill but most of my rods are St Croix, incl some pretty old Premiers, but I think they make great rods.

Offline HWeber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Feb 20, 2022, 03:44 PM »
Like what????

No clue but if the rod is actually new like the post stated they'd take it back

Offline Hardwater2

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #21 on: Feb 20, 2022, 04:00 PM »
Have a few st.croix rods. Open water and hard. Not one complaint with any. I broke an open water rod and they replaced no questions asked. Recently snapped two other ice rods this season. (My fault) Sending them back as well for replacements. For me….
Great rods/great company.

Offline uncleshorty

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Born up the mountain, raised in a cave...
« Reply #22 on: Feb 20, 2022, 04:57 PM »
Today in the US we no longer buy "Tools".  We buy "Kits".  And that seems OK with some guys.  A tool is ready to go out of the box.  A kit, although marketed as a tool, needs to be worked on before it's useful.

But for my money I expect to get EVERYTRHING I paid for without having to make "modifications" to allow the thing to perform per the advertisements.

I don't blame the Chinese for low quality.  Heck, if your business had customer's who were so easily satisfied with kits why would you spend the extra money to make tools?

The blame is two-fold in my opinion.  First, the suits up on Mahogany Row that sent US manufacturing to China.  And second, the people who accept low quality and so don't understand the difference between tools and kits...
Ice fishin' & turtlin's all I crave...

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23 on: Feb 20, 2022, 07:04 PM »
  Clam goes out of their way to take care of their customers.
I have sent 2 inquires to clam over a week ago and they have not responded to either one

Offline Indie

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #24 on: Feb 20, 2022, 07:55 PM »
Life’s too short to argue over equipment with retailers especially an ice rod. Never had a problem with my St Croix rods. Only rod that ever truly blew up on me was an Ugly Stik. Rarely does the rod blank break, it’s usually components like guides, glue, reel seats etc. I’ve always gotten a replacement if it’s under warranty. I’ll file this post under knee jerk reaction. You were pissed. Not sure if it was justified but it in the long run it won’t matter. If you love fishing you are gonna drop/lose/waste so much money over the years. My two favorite ice rods are a St Croix Premier and Clam Dave Genz split handle. Both have been abused and performed flawlessly.

Offline TheJigginJerk

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Feb 20, 2022, 07:57 PM »
Something sounds fishy here. St Croix isn’t going to repair a rod, they are just going to mail a replacement. They have some of the best customer service in the industry.

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #26 on: Feb 20, 2022, 08:33 PM »
Something sounds fishy here. St Croix isn’t going to repair a rod, they are just going to mail a replacement. They have some of the best customer service in the industry.

Maybe he DID get a knock off...ST CROX, just like he spelled it.  ::)

Offline JonPerry

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #27 on: Feb 20, 2022, 08:53 PM »
It's interesting, the op posted once, generating all these posts with an accusation against st crox with no further response. I'd say he's a fair troll for a pickle head.... 

Offline Fry Flier

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #28 on: Feb 20, 2022, 09:05 PM »
It's interesting, the op posted once, generating all these posts with an accusation against st crox with no further response. I'd say he's a fair troll for a pickle head....

Did a post search for this person and I cannot feel sorry for him, the first page of the search which shows 30 posts had 7 ST. Croix complaints going back as far as 2011. (did not go past the first page) Not saying troll just not learning if he has a problem.
We had a guy in our area that would yardsale and try to get the manufacturer to replace broken with new......just saying.
May your tip-up spool while your flag raises with hopes of landing the big one.

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #29 on: Feb 20, 2022, 09:13 PM »
Did a post search for this person and I cannot feel sorry for him, the first page of the search which shows 30 posts had 7 ST. Croix complaints going back as far as 2011. (did not go past the first page) Not saying troll just not learning if he has a problem.
We had a guy in our area that would yardsale and try to get the manufacturer to replace broken with new......just saying.

Maybe he got canned by St Croix for not doing his job.........  ;)2

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.