Author Topic: Two Newbies and a handful of PERCH  (Read 1535 times)

Offline Team CO.F.F.

• Team IceShanty Regular
Two Newbies and a handful of PERCH
« on: Dec 23, 2021, 07:19 PM »
Incredible time out ice fishing a few days ago with my older sister and her BF from AUSTRALIA; neither of which have been ice fishing before. Sean (the BF) let me know there is only a few places in Australia that get snow at all. He thought the time out was "Magical"😀

The weather couldn't have been more agreeable and the fish bite was very active!! We ran into a big school of Yellow Perch and for the hour and a half we fished, the action was non-stop🎣 The Green Swedish pimple and soft plastic perch eye with a 1/32oz silver tungsten jig were the winners for bites!

We got a handful of keepers and all the smaller ones I kept for a fish stock. Biggest being a little over 9"...Everyone got a handful of fish and everyone had a great time out in the warm sunny weather! Hope you enjoy the action below!

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: Two Newbies and a handful of PERCH
« Reply #1 on: Dec 23, 2021, 08:45 PM »
Appears to be da udder gap.   Good job!
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline Team CO.F.F.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 23, 2021, 09:25 PM »
Appears to be da udder gap.   Good job!

Getting ready for the skunk next week at the other one

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Dec 24, 2021, 09:41 AM »
Getting ready for the skunk next week at the other one

You'll get some. We fished it basically AFTER opening weekend, the place was swiss-cheesed like the moon.  Also dead on the full moon, plus not the numbers due to pressure and several years of low water.
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #4 on: Dec 24, 2021, 09:44 AM »
 Thank you for the video, Nice that your sister and her boy friend could visit with you this holiday season. Thankfully the weather was not to bad and you were able to give Sean a new fishing experience along with your sister.  Glad you were able to locate the school of perch and everyone caught some fish.
 Steve

Offline Team CO.F.F.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 24, 2021, 01:56 PM »
You'll get some. We fished it basically AFTER opening weekend, the place was swiss-cheesed like the moon.  Also dead on the full moon, plus not the numbers due to pressure and several years of low water.

Fingers crossed...If you and a crew came up here and experienced that, makes me worried🤮🤮 Maybe i'll luck up and just get one BIG walleye.

Offline Team CO.F.F.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 24, 2021, 01:58 PM »
Thank you for the video, Nice that your sister and her boy friend could visit with you this holiday season. Thankfully the weather was not to bad and you were able to give Sean a new fishing experience along with your sister.  Glad you were able to locate the school of perch and everyone caught some fish.
 Steve

Thank you for the comment Steve and glad you enjoyed!! It was great to have both of them out here from Australia and glad I got to get them on the hard water...Sean was very nervous at first, especially when I was explaining to them the safety gear and how it's used if you fall in (Spikes, Rope, etc.)...Luckily we're past early ice there so didn't have to worry too much. Although the crack under us made everyone a little scared😂 Always a good day when you find a school of perch fast haha! Tight lines my friend

Offline Jack978

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Dec 24, 2021, 02:27 PM »
Introducing someone to the sport is always a good time.  Last guy I broke in on the ice was an Air Force acquaintance.  He was originally from Memphis but had fished on 4 continents just never on the ice.  His wife was from the deep south and was freaked out by the idea and pestered him about every 15 minutes for the first two hours by texting him messages like are you still above water?  Walking on ice was her idea of dangerous and crazy.  To make a long story short he got two Rainbows one about 22" (on a jig rod) and the little one was about 19"(on a tipup).  He enjoyed it a lot and his wife allowed it was productive although a little crazy.  Shortly after that Uncle Sam sent him to a place where there ain't no ice but he still got quite a good trip out of it.

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8 on: Dec 24, 2021, 02:29 PM »
Great job .  Good day to be out there and they had a ball..👍
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline Catfishking

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 24, 2021, 04:52 PM »
Nice job on the perch cool you got family into fish

Offline Team CO.F.F.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Dec 26, 2021, 01:34 PM »
Introducing someone to the sport is always a good time.  Last guy I broke in on the ice was an Air Force acquaintance.  He was originally from Memphis but had fished on 4 continents just never on the ice.  His wife was from the deep south and was freaked out by the idea and pestered him about every 15 minutes for the first two hours by texting him messages like are you still above water?  Walking on ice was her idea of dangerous and crazy.  To make a long story short he got two Rainbows one about 22" (on a jig rod) and the little one was about 19"(on a tipup).  He enjoyed it a lot and his wife allowed it was productive although a little crazy.  Shortly after that Uncle Sam sent him to a place where there ain't no ice but he still got quite a good trip out of it.

That's really cool! LOL my older sister would probably be doing the same thing if I just took her BF. I considered taking them for some bigger trout but just wanted them to have fish on the line the whole time. A 22" trout would've been a good story for them though haha.

Offline Team CO.F.F.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Dec 26, 2021, 01:34 PM »
Great job .  Good day to be out there and they had a ball..👍

Appreciate that! I was telling them to dress extra warm too just in case. Glad the day was so nice😀

Offline Team CO.F.F.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Dec 26, 2021, 01:35 PM »
Nice job on the perch cool you got family into fish

Thanks Catfishking! Always good to get people into fish, even better when it's family :) :)

Offline JohnnyO19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Dec 29, 2021, 06:36 PM »
Looked like a fun time. Nice when you can catch a bunch in the same hole & not have to move  ;)

Offline Team CO.F.F.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Dec 30, 2021, 07:14 PM »
Looked like a fun time. Nice when you can catch a bunch in the same hole & not have to move  ;)

Always good when the stars align when you take out some new people! Nothing but smiles ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.