Wyoming > Ice Fishing Wyoming

Interesting watch from WY G&F

(1/3) > >>

appleye:

I hope this continues to work out!

DowneastPescador:
This is how you eventually end up
With crappie and walleye in your trout lakes and rivers.

dubob:

--- Quote from: DowneastPescador on Feb 10, 2021, 09:08 PM ---This is how you eventually end up

--- End quote ---
Hard to tell if that is sarcasm or not.  From the video, it would appear that WG&F is targeting specific bodies of water for this experiment, not the wholesale implementation state wide.  It has been widely held by professionals in the field of G&F management that a significant amount of unintended introduction of unwanted fish species into most places is from the bucket biologists.  They are an insidious lot and should be shot on site when discovered practicing their skullduggery.   :roflmao:

Walleye & crappie - for some folks - are much more desirable to eat than trout.  So having a few lakes that have a thriving population of either or both would be a good thing IMHO.  Not that I fish Wyoming a lot, but occasionally I get over there for some piscatorial pursuits and walleye are in the top three fresh water species I like to target, right behind yellow perch and kokanee salmon.   ;D

Dorado:

--- Quote from: DowneastPescador on Feb 10, 2021, 09:08 PM ---This is how you eventually end up

--- End quote ---

No more so than getting them from out of state, like they do now.  It will have no effect on the bucket brigade, which is how they are spread....

Elkhnter:
Yeah I hope they keep it up and produce millions to put in all the lakes around Wyoming.. If they mess up and accidently put some in lake that didn't want them in that's ;) ok to.. LOL

Most of us would rather catch a walleye than trout any day... ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version