Author Topic: Good Size Trout on all kinds of lures  (Read 866 times)

Offline Team CO.F.F.

• Team IceShanty Regular
Good Size Trout on all kinds of lures
« on: Feb 02, 2021, 12:42 PM »
Did some ice fishing over here in Western Colorado, near the Flat Tops wilderness area. Landed some good size Rainbow Trout and Cutbow Trout with the cookie cutter fish being about 16" and thick. Biggest one of the day was about 19". The fish were finicky and we had to keep switching between a bunch of different patterns of jigs, lures, etc. to figure out what they wanted...lots of fish coming up to the lure, staring, and swimming away.

We landed fish on the swedish pimple, various tungsten jigs with maki soft plastics, and of course the jawjacker tube - on and slightly off the bottom.

This day was pretty nippy, showed up to about -2 degrees and I of course forgot my gloves. My buddy let me use a single spare mechanic glove that didn't help at all lol 😂😂.

Our biggest success of the day was a pink tungsten jig with the maki soft plastics...The fish went crazy for them for a few hours and after that it died off really hard. Couldn't mark any fish for a while so we left! Overall good day though with lots of fun! Got some drone shots of the surrounding area and even landed a fish while flying my drone (one hand holding the controller and the other, the rod)!! Hope you guys enjoy!!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Re: Good Size Trout on all kinds of lures
« Reply #1 on: Feb 02, 2021, 06:16 PM »
Thank you for the video glad the two of you found the jig and plastic combo the trout wanted and were able to avoid the striped kitty. Good work handing of the controller for drone and not losing the fish. Did you change the team logo design? I try to keep one or two extra pairs of gloves/mittens in with my ice fishing gear to prevent getting to a lake and not having a way to cover my hands on a cold day.

It has been snowing from 8:30 Sunday night still falling lightly guessing there is around 18 inches on the ground. Hopefully thereis some wind next couple of days to blow some of the snow off lakes and make moving on lakes a little easier.
 Steve

Offline Team CO.F.F.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 02, 2021, 10:17 PM »
Thank you for the video glad the two of you found the jig and plastic combo the trout wanted and were able to avoid the striped kitty. Good work handing of the controller for drone and not losing the fish. Did you change the team logo design? I try to keep one or two extra pairs of gloves/mittens in with my ice fishing gear to prevent getting to a lake and not having a way to cover my hands on a cold day.

It has been snowing from 8:30 Sunday night still falling lightly guessing there is around 18 inches on the ground. Hopefully thereis some wind next couple of days to blow some of the snow off lakes and make moving on lakes a little easier.
 Steve

Thanks Steve! Glad you enjoyed it!! Yes we did, we changed it about a week ago. We try and do our announcements in our livestreams so we don't waste an upload just going over channel news. Hope you like it! Haha I usually do as well and have them sitting in my car in the glove box, but Coach Tanner drove this day so that was too bad lol. When the sun came up things got a lot better though.

Wow! We have been getting the opposite here in the mountains...Warm days and no snow. Two days ago I went outside to warm up my car and walked out in a T-shirt and felt comfortable...Still so much to do this ice season, hopefully just a warm front on our end. I know it's been a while since we've shared correspondence (my fault), but hope the ice situation got better for you in January!!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #3 on: Feb 05, 2021, 10:08 PM »
Tyler thank your for the reply to my post. Folks were fishing on some of the local lakes before this latest snow storm. I' sure some folks will go out this weekend and make their way through the snow and deal with the slush.
 Between the You Tube channel and coaching busy time of year for you  so understand our limited correspondence.
 Steve

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.