Author Topic: Blue Mesa is capped  (Read 878 times)

Offline brown-time

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Jig one up for me
Blue Mesa is capped
« on: Jan 18, 2021, 08:06 PM »
Hit it from before daylight to 2 with 3 of us. We fished two areas near where we caught 24 lakers and 18!browns and a ton of bows in the boat 6 weeks ago. Started from 50-80 fow, got some decent browns from 15-20” on the laker humps. Not sure if there were lakers there, if so they were tight lipped. I ended the day with 7 browns, 2 bows. Tubes n anchovy, grubs, n Foxee jigs loaded with big mealies caught the browns, pink ratso’s caught the bobo’s go figure after moving in to 18’. Saw folks fishing at middle bridge clear to the Lake Fork Marina, no ATVs past Cebolla. We had 7-10” at Bay of Chickens  and the mouth of Cebolla. Nice warm day for BM with temp of 37 when we called it quits.

Offline TimK

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Blue Mesa is capped
« Reply #1 on: Jan 18, 2021, 08:22 PM »
Nice, love that lake.  Wish it was closer.  Very unfortunate whats going on with the kokes and gil lices at BM.
Friends don't let Friends use Tip-Ups

Offline brown-time

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Jig one up for me
« Reply #2 on: Jan 18, 2021, 09:18 PM »
Yep, the Gill lice is destined to devastate the lakers too. They will be forced to eat more perch than they already are and deep browns. Funny, I wish I was closer to the Gaps. One summer trip and a Jamuary weekend to HG for pike is usually all we can pull off. But we get a few jumbos every time and some nice eyes as well, which we release.

Offline callovthemackinaw

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Winter: realm of eternal ice.
« Reply #3 on: Jan 24, 2021, 09:06 AM »
Yep, the Gill lice is destined to devastate the lakers too. They will be forced to eat more perch than they already are and deep browns. Funny, I wish I was closer to the Gaps. One summer trip and a Jamuary weekend to HG for pike is usually all we can pull off. But we get a few jumbos every time and some nice eyes as well, which we release.
the lake Is loaded with perch.  Lakers will be fine.

Offline brown-time

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Jig one up for me
« Reply #4 on: Jan 25, 2021, 08:36 PM »
The lakers might survive, but they will stay skinny. Perch don’t have near the calories as kokes or trout. Only brown trout hang in the deep 60-100’ where the bigger lakers stay, it’s a temperature thing also. The perch in BM are in 10-40 feet. The small lakers will still eat perch like they do now.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.