Author Topic: Don't fish with us lol  (Read 1071 times)

Offline Team CO.F.F.

• Team IceShanty Regular
Don't fish with us lol
« on: Jan 05, 2021, 05:22 PM »
The past three trips we've been out with new anglers, we jump into a super grinder for the day...Not sure if you want to take us as we may be the bad luck guys on big trips😂😂😂

Got out to fish with some new people at a new body of water this past weekend, to kick off the new year!

We went to Officer's Gulch Pond, with the mission in mind to get Tiger Trout off of my GF's fishing bucket list...We showed up at 7AM, it was about 13-15 degrees, with no wind.

The lake was VERY VERY Slushy/Watery and unfortunately I had to call it an early day as I sprung a leak in my boot by early afternoon. Hard ice under the slush was about 12-13" and we fished from 10-14FOW....Grindy bite but we did manage a handful of Brookies, but the Tiger has evaded Samantha (GF) once again lol.

Despite the grind, we had a lot of fun fishing with some new anglers and the area we fished was incredibly gorgeous! When the sun came up I got some nice drone shots of the surrounding Peaks, and even got the drone high enough to get a good shot of Copper Mountain in the distance! Hope you guys enjoy the video, short and sweet today!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Re: Don't fish with us lol
« Reply #1 on: Jan 08, 2021, 07:07 PM »
 Team CO.F.F. you folks fish in some beautiful  locations really enjoyed the drone footage, very nice colors on the book trout. Samantha keep fishing that Tiger trout will come probably at a lake not know for having a big population of them so you are not expecting to catch one on that day. Always fun to fish new lakes and meet new people that may become good friends and fishing partners. Just be careful Covid-19 infectinos and deaths are still on the rise across the United states. I've had relatives who have dealt with the virus and so far also lost one extended family member and coworker to it as this pandemic continues to run it's course.
 Steve

Offline callovthemackinaw

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Winter: realm of eternal ice.
« Reply #2 on: Jan 11, 2021, 12:58 AM »
The past three trips we've been out with new anglers, we jump into a super grinder for the day...Not sure if you want to take us as we may be the bad luck guys on big trips😂😂😂

Got out to fish with some new people at a new body of water this past weekend, to kick off the new year!

We went to Officer's Gulch Pond, with the mission in mind to get Tiger Trout off of my GF's fishing bucket list...We showed up at 7AM, it was about 13-15 degrees, with no wind.

The lake was VERY VERY Slushy/Watery and unfortunately I had to call it an early day as I sprung a leak in my boot by early afternoon. Hard ice under the slush was about 12-13" and we fished from 10-14FOW....Grindy bite but we did manage a handful of Brookies, but the Tiger has evaded Samantha (GF) once again lol.

Despite the grind, we had a lot of fun fishing with some new anglers and the area we fished was incredibly gorgeous! When the sun came up I got some nice drone shots of the surrounding Peaks, and even got the drone high enough to get a good shot of Copper Mountain in the distance! Hope you guys enjoy the video, short and sweet today!

I usually only hit OG early in the season, after early December and the real snows hit the lake I give it up till next year.   Still can’t beat the views tho...

Offline JohnnyO19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 11, 2021, 12:11 PM »
I usually only hit OG early in the season, after early December and the real snows hit the lake I give it up till next year.   Still can’t beat the views tho...

Yeah, the slush there now would be miserable!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.