Author Topic: Tough Bite but adjusted for Success, Some toads  (Read 700 times)

Offline Team CO.F.F.

• Team IceShanty Regular
Tough Bite but adjusted for Success, Some toads
« on: Jan 07, 2021, 01:19 PM »
A few weeks ago, we hit a reservoir about 8K up that was on fire (the post where we got 3xpb's in one morning). My buddy and I decided to fish it again recently and we got there about 45 minutes before first light. We thought we would head into another stellar morning but when that happens, it doesn't seem to work out that way lol.

We threw a multitude of presentations/rigs from 3-14FOW with minor success. I did manage to get my PB Snake River Cutty through the ice during the morning grind however so that made things better. After hours of grinding and marking fish that wouldn't bite, we decided by mid morning to move to 25-30 FOW...Glad we did, found a very active bite and marked more fish in 10 minutes then we did the entire morning. Not always about what you're throwing/dropping but where you're throwing/dropping. Water depth change certainly was the way to go on this day.

Hope you guys enjoy the video! Pics as always!!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Re: Tough Bite but adjusted for Success, Some toads
« Reply #1 on: Jan 08, 2021, 06:44 PM »
 Thank you for the video glad the move to deeper water turned your day around by find fishing that were actively feeding. Some days little things like moving ,changing jigs/lures and bait make the difference between grinding out the day and catching fish on a more frequent basis.
 Steve

Offline Team CO.F.F.

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Tough Bite but adjusted for Success, Some toads
« Reply #2 on: Jan 10, 2021, 06:05 PM »
Thank you for the video glad the move to deeper water turned your day around by find fishing that were actively feeding. Some days little things like moving ,changing jigs/lures and bait make the difference between grinding out the day and catching fish on a more frequent basis.
 Steve

Thanks Steve! It's crazy how the bite can change, glad we figured some things out...That depth change really was the savior of the day.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.