Author Topic: Red Feather Lakes  (Read 2002 times)

Offline troutbiscuits

• IceShanty Rookie
Red Feather Lakes
« on: Jan 04, 2021, 10:46 AM »
I took the wife fishing on New Years to Dowdy lake. Ice is 8-11 inches and there is very little snow on the ice, the lake had more people than I have ever seen on it. I like taking inexperienced ice fisherman to Red Feather because you can almost always guarantee fast action on slimers. This day did not disappoint we lost track of how many we caught in 3.5 hours of fishing. Nothing big though. I have never caught anything big at Dowdy or West. Parvin on the other hand is much more difficult to fish, and is artificial only but there are some nice fish to be had there. I was at Parvin the week prior with a buddy and we caught 5 between the two of us. 4 browns and 1 rainbow. All healthy 14-16in fish.

Offline fishslap

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Red Feather Lakes
« Reply #1 on: Jan 04, 2021, 11:03 AM »
Nice.  It’s definitely pretty up there and good for getting people started.  I started up there.  I fished Parvin earlier this ice season and had similar results as you.  For me, the fishing at Parvin has declined each year to the point where I’m not sure it will make my list anymore.

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Jan 05, 2021, 02:12 PM »
Ive driven past the road to Red Feathers a million times. Never turned-
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline troutbiscuits

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 05, 2021, 04:23 PM »
Nice.  It’s definitely pretty up there and good for getting people started.  I started up there.  I fished Parvin earlier this ice season and had similar results as you.  For me, the fishing at Parvin has declined each year to the point where I’m not sure it will make my list anymore.
This was actually my first time fishing Parvin. I will probably go back there in open water when we go camping up there with the kids. My buddy did lose a nice size splake right at the hole, but other than that it is not super high on my list either.

Offline Team CO.F.F.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 05, 2021, 05:16 PM »
awesome man! Glad to hear you got out and had some success!!!

Offline JohnnyO19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 05, 2021, 08:02 PM »
Dowdy was were I taught the kids how to ice fish & was always our 1st ice, usually around Thanksgiving. Occasionally a nice brown would show up, usually closer to the dam. Only fished Parvin twice, nothing really to speak of. We would also hit up West lake, lots of small Brookies there back in the day.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.