Author Topic: Biggins at 11 mile (Trout, Pike, Perch)  (Read 1580 times)

Offline Team CO.F.F.

• Team IceShanty Regular
Biggins at 11 mile (Trout, Pike, Perch)
« on: Dec 29, 2020, 06:48 PM »
Over Christmas, the team and I traveled to Fairplay to spend the night, so we could have an easier commute to 11 Mile Reservoir the next day! We made plans a week prior to go fish with some new people that we've been wanting to fish with for a long time now!

We've never been to 11 mile before, and it's much larger then the lakes in my area so we were a little outside of our comfort zone. Luckily we had some awesome people to fish with and got some great knowledge about the lake and how to fish it!

The bite was finicky and it was a grindy day but good fish were caught still! Several big trout, a big pike, and tiny perch lol. The weather was great and by mid morning it felt like Spring out on the ice even though we showed up to -1 degrees that early morning. It's been an outstanding time getting out and fishing new water with new people😃

Hope you guys enjoy the episode! (special thank you in the intro)

Offline Catfishking

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Biggins at 11 mile (Trout, Pike, Perch)
« Reply #1 on: Dec 29, 2020, 07:38 PM »
Nice cool video I haven’t been to 11 mile in a  few years

Offline Team CO.F.F.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 29, 2020, 08:19 PM »
Nice cool video I haven’t been to 11 mile in a  few years

Glad you enjoyed! It was a fun first experience for myself there. Really happy we didn't show up to a -20 degree day haha.

Offline IceSavage

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 29, 2020, 11:04 PM »
Nice vid you got some action cool to see some perch come out! It's usually a grind at the mile for me. Last season there we fished in -20 our eyelids were freezing up lol. Christmas day the weather was exceptional landed a fat one just under 40' trout were finicky extremely light bites   

ICE FISHING..........  ONLY THE STRONG SURVIVE.
CO Native. C&R Esox Lucius

Offline Team CO.F.F.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 29, 2020, 11:48 PM »
Nice vid you got some action cool to see some perch come out! It's usually a grind at the mile for me. Last season there we fished in -20 our eyelids were freezing up lol. Christmas day the weather was exceptional landed a fat one just under 40' trout were finicky extremely light bites   

Thank you very much! It was a fun time out despite the grind :) Haha I've seen and heard about the grueling temps there, glad this past weekend was nice! We marked so many big fish, just so finicky...Just glad we didn't get skunked lol. Thats a gorgeous Pike!!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #5 on: Jan 01, 2021, 10:06 PM »
Team CO.F.F. thank you for the video .
  Steve

Offline Team CO.F.F.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 02, 2021, 06:05 PM »
Team CO.F.F. thank you for the video .
  Steve

Our pleasure to make them! Glad you enjoy them Steve!!! :)

Offline Avianarcher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 10, 2021, 03:16 PM »
Great video! Thanks for posting it and sharing. I haven’t been to 11 Mile in 25 years but it’s awesome.

Offline Team CO.F.F.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 10, 2021, 04:22 PM »
Great video! Thanks for posting it and sharing. I haven’t been to 11 Mile in 25 years but it’s awesome.

I certainly enjoyed my first outing there with Paul, it was a great trip...We should be back in the area for open water hopefully! Appreciate the kind words about the video!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.