Arctic Addict
11 (7.7%)
SHaRPS
16 (11.3%)
waterfowl_warrior09
9 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 73

Voting closed: Dec 14, 2019, 09:17 AM

Author Topic: [Please Vote] 2019 Picture Contest Poll  (Read 1536 times)

Offline Iceshanty

• Admin
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Unwilling to leave the fish I have not caught yet
[Please Vote] 2019 Picture Contest Poll
« on: Dec 09, 2019, 09:17 AM »
sam brodrick
So I was jigging for perch in the little city resevoir by myself one fine winter day. With my trusty 20 dollar one 3 fishing ultra light heat wave combo from wallmart. On the reel I had 8lb ice pro braid with 3lb Berkley ice mono leader, tipped with number 2 forage minnow spoon. I had a small school of little perch and gills messing with my emotions on the flasher. When suddenly a gigantic mark smashed my tiny fire tiger spoon. At at first it was kind of heavy and I thought I had a large mouth and luckily had the drag set accordingly. As I brought her up ,I just caught site of the little swivel my leader was attached to and she must have realized she was hooked and she ran.  And ran and ran! Completely spooled me to maybe a dozen wraps on the spool. By then I figured it was one of the big pike that lived there, that I have donated god know how many lures to. She allowed herself to be brought backed to the hole until i could see her for the first time... I'm not gonna lie, I peed a little. She must have sensed my weakness and felt I didnt deserve her, and off she went again. This time all the way to the tape that covered the knot on my spool, no more line left to give i thought it was over. Instead she let me bring her back. That all took prob 15 to 20 min plus a million hours, give or take. Got her to the hole I could see just the tip of the minnow poking out of her mouth right in the middle so I figure she would break me off or spit the hook. I knew she could because I set the hook on this particular monster earlier that year and she snapped my 4o gamakatsu hook off at the eye. With no options and nobody responding to my lady like screams for help . I worked her nose into the hole got a finger in her gill and dragged her out onto the ice. I just stared at her for a sec in disbelief, then reach down and grabbed the line to turn her face a little and pop. The line finally gave. She came in at 41in and weighed 17.24 lbs out of a pond just over 2 acres in size.

Lon Berry Jr

missoulafish
As far as picrtures go, its nothing special, other than a happy kid on a beautiful day.  Its for sure a huge Rainbow. The part that is special is that I dont have any idea who this little guy is!!  This little guy  and his dad were just out for a drive on a nice day and came out to visit with me while I was fishing. I hooked this fish while I was talking to them and knew it was a tank so I grabbed this little guy, handed him my fishing pole  and told him to land it. 20 minutes later this was the result!! They were laughing and having a blast, dad was on the phone with mom giving her the play-by-play, the little guy was worried the whole time it would get away.  It was cool. He had so much fun I had to give up my rod for the next hour so he could keep fishing lol!! The most memorable fish I have are the ones I didnt even catch!!

RapShack
One perfect sunrise.

Adam Bollman
Dedication is basically all that is needed to be said about this pic. My son was 6 when I took this picture last winter.

Ryan Bailey
Higgins lake in the worst snowstorm I’ve ever fished in. This view opened up for about a minute and I snapped this picture. 8 lb laker on the end of the line to top it off!

Brochet
'twas the day after Christmas, and on the hardwater
not a person was out there, except me and my daughter

everyone else stayed home, playing with presents inside
we had the lake to ourselves, open ice far and wide

the tipups were set in the ice holes with care
in hope that big perch or pike would be there

it was so silent that as we set our fourth tipup
we heard the flag on the second one whip-up

she hauled in this pike that put up a big fight
what a great day, to start the season so nice
so Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night
tight lines everyone, stay safe on the ice !

Arctic Addict
This picture was taken on a New Hampshire lake during our largest ice fishing derby.  The day before had wind gusts over 50 mph.  The shanty was actually chained to the ice.  At sunrise the next morning this was the calm after the wind storm.

SHaRPS
I caught a ton of fish last year, both new species and PB's but this is by far my favorite photo from last year. My son Gunnar just turned 2 the month before and we had ice fishing on our bucket list for the 2018/2019 season. It was a Saturday and my wife was working that day so I had dad duty. I was home with him when all of a sudden I got a call from my buddy Mike to head up to one of his local ponds since there was over 5" of solid black ice. Well, as fast as I could I grabbed all of the essentials I needed so I could fish and he could be comfortable and have some fun. Stuff like a dog bed so he could sit on while on the ice, Cheetos so he had healthy food (ha), and of course winter clothes! Well we got out there and my buddy and I started catching trout and bluegills and Gunnar was eventually interested enough to give it a try. I was worried that he was going to chuck my jigging rod into the hole but to my surprise, he did not and seconds later, he hooked into a blue gill on his own and the rest, well the picture explains it. Its not the best quality photo, but it sure is the best memory photo! Gunnars first fish in his life, caught all on his own! If you look closely you will see the blue gill he reeled in is in the hole along with a full Cheetos mustache. No dad awards won here! Just a proud dad!

waterfowl_warrior09
What is it about this silly sport we are so enthralled with, punished over and over with weather patterns and lockjaw that brings us back. The ultimate game of bingo where the holes we drill are our chips, and structure definitions are the letters, trying to string together a sentence that spells fried walleye on the family table. Sometimes, it is just the simple gift of sun reflecting off that rod tip, surrounded by deafening solitude, yearning for that elusive tap tap.

-
What's cooler than being cool? Ice cold

´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º>                                
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((º> 
´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((((((((º>

Offline Iceshanty

• Admin
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Unwilling to leave the fish I have not caught yet
Re: [WINNERS] 2019 Picture Contest
« Reply #1 on: Dec 14, 2019, 03:43 PM »
Tight race. The 3 prize winner are...

Lon Berry Jr

missoulafish
As far as picrtures go, its nothing special, other than a happy kid on a beautiful day.  Its for sure a huge Rainbow. The part that is special is that I dont have any idea who this little guy is!!  This little guy  and his dad were just out for a drive on a nice day and came out to visit with me while I was fishing. I hooked this fish while I was talking to them and knew it was a tank so I grabbed this little guy, handed him my fishing pole  and told him to land it. 20 minutes later this was the result!! They were laughing and having a blast, dad was on the phone with mom giving her the play-by-play, the little guy was worried the whole time it would get away.  It was cool. He had so much fun I had to give up my rod for the next hour so he could keep fishing lol!! The most memorable fish I have are the ones I didnt even catch!!

Adam Bollman
Dedication is basically all that is needed to be said about this pic. My son was 6 when I took this picture last winter.

:clap: Super photos and stories! Thanks again to all who posted! Winners please message me your mailing addresses.
What's cooler than being cool? Ice cold

´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º>                                
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((º> 
´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((((((((º>

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
Re: [Please Vote] 2019 Picture Contest Poll
« Reply #2 on: Dec 14, 2019, 04:04 PM »
Yay! Congrats to the winners! Great pic and stories  :clap: :thumbsup:
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3 on: Dec 14, 2019, 04:07 PM »

Congrats lots of great pics

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 14, 2019, 05:00 PM »
Congrats  :clap: :thumbsup:

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #5 on: Dec 14, 2019, 08:53 PM »
Tough competition again this year!! Congratulations to the winners!!  :thumbsup: :clap: :flex: :bow: :icefish:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6 on: Dec 15, 2019, 05:35 AM »
Great photos everyone.      Congratulations to all. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline SpitzoMT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLX-28 Ultra Pack
« Reply #7 on: Dec 15, 2019, 05:18 PM »
Excellent pics/stories.....Congrats to the 3 prize winners !!  :clap:

Offline iceman260

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Dec 16, 2019, 05:01 AM »
Congrats to the winners.
If fishing is a sport are we considered athletes?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.