Author Topic: [2019 Iceshanty.com Ice Fishing Picture/Story Contest]  (Read 8061 times)

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
Re: [2019 Iceshanty.com Ice Fishing Picture/Story Contest]
« Reply #30 on: Oct 26, 2019, 11:39 AM »
Hell of a fish!!! Hell of a story!!!!!  :icefish:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline ammondude

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Oct 29, 2019, 08:42 AM »

Though we didn't catch any monsters, this was my favorite brook trout I caught in Idaho on the annual overnight trip with FG Steve (my dad). We've been fishing together for as long as I can remember, and I look forward to many more trips to come :). I'm grateful that he always made it a family thing, and that we have been able to enjoy it together.

We got into the brookies as soon as we arrived, and had a blast jigging them in on the flasher.

Offline sra61

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #32 on: Oct 29, 2019, 12:03 PM »
I had never caught a big crappie in my life. I classify that as a 12" plus fish. We fish a spot that I had seen some nice crappie caught from time to time so I decided I was going to figure out how to target those big slabs. Over the course of the last season and 5 trips to that lake we finally got the pattern figured out. We could only catch them at night, and only on small white tube jigs. At first we tried small minnows on small jigs, and caught one or two an evening. It seemed like they would quit coming around close to 9 P.M., so we were starting to reel up, and when we had our lines up I looked at the screen and there was a crappie! So I dropped my jig and minnow down and the fish went away. So I reeled back up and started to turn off the Livescope, but lo and behold there was another crappie! I had taken the minnow off, so I just dropped the bare jig down and boom, he was on. It was so much fun figuring out how to get those big fish to bite. I kept three of the nicest ones for a cool mount. We never caught a single fish under 12 inches, and the biggest was 14.5 inches. This winter I'm looking for one of those 16-18 inch monsters, I guarantee they're in there! Livescope Rocks!

Offline Leather

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • LEATHERWOOD OUTDOORS YOUTUBE VIDEOS!!!!!
« Reply #33 on: Oct 31, 2019, 08:07 PM »
Jumbo Perch!

Offline Legacy Rant

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Nov 02, 2019, 09:43 AM »

Night fishing is my favorite. It's usually silent, dark, and so peaceful. But on the night of this photo there was a full moon, and at one point an ambulance could be heard off in the distance breaking up the silence. The sirens from the emergency vehicle got all the coyotes nearby howling at the same time for nearly five minutes. We were pulling crappies through the ice to a symphony of predators, and it all started with the best artwork sunset I'd ever captured.

Offline Coach

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Nov 04, 2019, 05:10 PM »
There is nothing like being outside early in the morning and getting to watch the sun come up. Its even better while you're out fishing with friends & family :tipup:

Offline P-row

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #36 on: Nov 05, 2019, 05:54 PM »

Was a balmy like day in January and after playing with the panfish, we headed to the bass pond. Didn't take long for big boys to show up....jigging pimples was the go to and they didn't disappoint! Me and buddy hooked up simultaneously and  these two gave up a great battle! Both released unscathed! 😎

Offline SpitzoMT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLX-28 Ultra Pack
« Reply #37 on: Nov 05, 2019, 06:07 PM »
Couple dandy bucketmouths there !!

Offline Longshoremen

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #38 on: Nov 09, 2019, 05:45 PM »

Mama told me not to look into the eyes of the sun...But Mama that’s where the fun is.                                           😜 Eastern End of Lake Erie.March 14 2019 Hardwater Diehard can’t wait until she puts her Lake Effect blanket on for 2020.Wicked Walleyes And Big Jack Perch. Good luck Stay Safe.👍

Offline Slab catcher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Nov 13, 2019, 06:10 AM »

Lost this one right at the hole and went elbow deep to snag it!!!! LOL

Offline Whytie

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #40 on: Nov 13, 2019, 01:57 PM »
This year was definitely the year of the pig for me, not so much for my dad. I took him out 2 times, to some well known trophy walleye lakes and he still couldn't get a big one to commit.  My father was the one who introduced me to fishing at a young age. He was also with me every time I caught my personal best walleye. So my goal over the next 2 years to to help him break his personal best.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #41 on: Nov 13, 2019, 02:13 PM »
Nice fish!! Good luck with your dad's P.B. !!!!
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline SHaRPS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #42 on: Nov 13, 2019, 03:32 PM »
I caught a ton of fish last year, both new species and PB's but this is by far my favorite photo from last year. My son Gunnar just turned 2 the month before and we had ice fishing on our bucket list for the 2018/2019 season. It was a Saturday and my wife was working that day so I had dad duty. I was home with him when all of a sudden I got a call from my buddy Mike to head up to one of his local ponds since there was over 5" of solid black ice. Well, as fast as I could I grabbed all of the essentials I needed so I could fish and he could be comfortable and have some fun. Stuff like a dog bed so he could sit on while on the ice, Cheetos so he had healthy food (ha), and of course winter clothes! Well we got out there and my buddy and I started catching trout and bluegills and Gunnar was eventually interested enough to give it a try. I was worried that he was going to chuck my jigging rod into the hole but to my surprise, he did not and seconds later, he hooked into a blue gill on his own and the rest, well the picture explains it. Its not the best quality photo, but it sure is the best memory photo! Gunnars first fish in his life, caught all on his own! If you look closely you will see the blue gill he reeled in is in the hole along with a full Cheetos mustache. No dad awards won here! Just a proud dad!

Just add water.

Offline MumbleSEED

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • "If you plant corn you get corn!"
« Reply #43 on: Nov 20, 2019, 02:03 PM »

This was the sunrise on my last trip out.  I was walking just snapping quick pics with my phone while pulling my sled.   I ended up getting severe flu that day and didn't realize the great sunset shots I had gotten until 2 weeks later.   
If only God would come down in the form of a man and explain everything to us.

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #44 on: Nov 20, 2019, 02:17 PM »
First lake trout day of 2019. I had missed a hand full of bites and nobody in my group had caught a fish. Since it was the first day we’d been able to get out over deep water, everybody stuck it out for the long bagel even though the fishing was slow. Finally at about 3:00 this girl bit. She ended up going 29 lbs 15 ounces. Just not quite 30! It’s my biggest ice lake trout ever and my second biggest lake trout period.

Trent Williams
When hell freezes over, I’ll ice fish there too!

Offline Water Wolf

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice anglers walk on water.
« Reply #45 on: Nov 25, 2019, 11:40 AM »
What luck, to catch a gimps of a "Double Rainbow".

WW

Offline Kourcha

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #46 on: Nov 25, 2019, 12:09 PM »
What luck, to catch a gimps of a "Double Rainbow".
Oh boy had me holding my sides laughing 😝
(Image removed from quote.)

WW

Offline Iceshanty

• Admin
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Unwilling to leave the fish I have not caught yet
« Reply #48 on: Dec 03, 2019, 06:19 AM »
Few more days to enter!
What's cooler than being cool? Ice cold

´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º>                                
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((º> 
´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((((((((º>

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #49 on: Dec 03, 2019, 06:33 AM »

Great pics everyone

Offline aacosta

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #50 on: Dec 03, 2019, 10:04 AM »

The kiddo ready for his first ice season this year

Offline ddykehouse

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #51 on: Dec 03, 2019, 10:37 AM »
Had a great time last year on Crystal Lake with the wife fishing for smelt!

Tight Lines!  ~  GO IRISH!

Offline SchlitzBeer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #52 on: Dec 03, 2019, 01:41 PM »

Bucket of yellows! After many trips/years up to Clear Lake we finally figured out the yellow bass. One guy would be hole hopping with a camera and shouting to the other to get over to the hole with his pole when the yellows moved in. This went on for a good couple of hours. I can't imagine what this circus looked like from afar. People surly had to wonder what was going on!

Offline clayboy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #53 on: Dec 03, 2019, 05:00 PM »
My first time out with my little buddy. He is hooked on the ice

Offline clayboy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #54 on: Dec 03, 2019, 05:01 PM »
My first time out with my little buddy. He is hooked on the ice 4 years old

My first time out with my little buddy. He is hooked on the ice

Offline G fish

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Wish i was a fishing(Too slim n the traildragers)
« Reply #55 on: Dec 03, 2019, 05:44 PM »
Was fishing with a group of buddies we had a good morning bite for a couple hrs. It slowed way down so we started  trying new jigs and moving around.
I was messing with a buddies Jaw jacker that kept getting hit but no luck.  I gave up on it went back to my rod.   I noticed my buddy was walking back to his hole with rod in hand thinking he was just switching rods.
He dropped new jig down n hooked up. I ran over to help n noticed more line and ice jigs all over. I pulled my hand back to avoid getting hooked. We just pulled fish onto ice by main line.  I grabbed the extra line and pulled on it,it had some weight to it. The rod came through the hole with weed covering reel. After studying what had happened. We figured out that the reel got stuck in weeds preventing fish from getting to far away. When me friend dropped new jig Down it hooked the line that had fish on it. Funny n crazy luck. We laughed for hrs.

Team Ripp'n lips.
"Drink a little"
"Save a little"
"There will always be a Little".

Offline Chunglingsoo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #56 on: Dec 03, 2019, 09:45 PM »

Offline Chunglingsoo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #57 on: Dec 03, 2019, 09:45 PM »

Offline P-Wo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #58 on: Dec 04, 2019, 09:19 PM »

The sky reflecting the ice.

Offline Arctic Addict

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Flagggg!!!!!
« Reply #59 on: Dec 05, 2019, 10:22 AM »

This picture was taken on a New Hampshire lake during our largest ice fishing derby.  The day before had wind gusts over 50 mph.  The shanty was actually chained to the ice.  At sunrise the next morning this was the calm after the wind storm.
"Hope" is not a good fishing strategy!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.