Author Topic: Ruedi or Mesa Lakes??  (Read 949 times)

Offline 6inicehole

• IceShanty Rookie
Ruedi or Mesa Lakes??
« on: Feb 19, 2014, 09:42 AM »
Anyone been to Ruedi lately? How is the thickness of the ice? Any luck? How about the lakes up on the mesa? I went to Harvey on Sunday and didn't have any luck. Any input for this coming up weekend would be great. Not quite sure where to go. Thanks

Offline shutupandicefish

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Ruedi or Mesa Lakes??
« Reply #1 on: Feb 19, 2014, 05:26 PM »
I hit ruedi on the 1st of this month. Ice was around 15", with lots of snow in the area. Fishing was slow for us, a couple macks and one rainbow. I would imagine the snow and slush would be pretty crazy up on the mesa right now...The gaps are tough this time of year.

Offline heliboy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 19, 2014, 08:56 PM »
Hit Ruedi on Monday, the two of us that concentrated more on macks iced a total of 14 in 130 fow.  Nothing over 18".  Others in the group got in fast and furious action on some mostly smaller rainbows in about 15 fow.  There is some slush but it's not terrible, ice was plenty thick, 18"+.  I think it will be slushy soon though.

Offline 6inicehole

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 22, 2014, 07:10 PM »
Thanks for the info. We will give Ruedi a try Sunday morning.

Offline heliboy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 23, 2014, 09:44 PM »
Any luck?

Offline 6inicehole

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 23, 2014, 09:59 PM »
It was a slow morning. I saw 4 trout that were caught between 8 and 11 am. I left at 11 so I don't know how others did the rest of the day. I caught 12" rainbow in 15'. Had my tip-up in 60' and started jigging in 40' then 30' and nothing until I got to 15'. I need to go back when I have more time to put in. Anyone have any luck this weekend?

Offline gnatboy911

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 24, 2014, 09:39 AM »
Fished Island Lake up on the Mesa Saturday.  Dad and I didn't get set up and fishing till around 11 and fished till about 3.  Slower day than normal, but we each caught 13.  Mixture of rainbows and splake with a couple brookies mixed in.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.