Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > General Tips

Taking your kids fishing?

(1/6) > >>

jbird68:
When taking young kids out fishing as and you only have one depth finder how do you make sure your kids have fun, too? My son is 9 and taking an interest in ice fishing. I just want him to have fun and not get bored like kids tend to do. And I want catch fish, too.

stripernut:
I plan on taking my 8 yr old Nephew out for the first time this season. I asked some questions on the MA page and now we have a big group of kids meeting for a "Kids IS Gathering", that should keep them entertained...  As to only one sounder, you can still catch plenty of fish with out one... It is not that hard.

Whopper Stopper:
Keep it fun, keep time on the ice shorter than longer, and bring lots of snacks.

Nothing turns kids off faster than someone pushing too hard and making the outing too serious.

WS

delta9:
I'd fish the same hole together with him with only nothing else for the memory its not all about catching fish.

jbird68:

--- Quote from: delta9 on Dec 21, 2013, 05:22 PM ---I'd fish the same hole together with him with only nothing else for the memory its not all about catching fish.

--- End quote ---

I like that idea. I don't think he's ready to fish by himself. But letting him fish my hole with me right behind him lets me fish...just using his arms. ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version