Author Topic: Antero on Thursday  (Read 672 times)

Offline arkansas angler

• Team IceShanty Regular
Antero on Thursday
« on: Dec 12, 2013, 08:45 PM »
Fished the north shore from 7 to 11 am. today. The ice was around 8" thick and solid. Fished in 12' to 15' of water. The majority of the aggressive fish were cruising through suspended between 6 and 8 feet. Green shrimpo was the preferred offering this morning. Most were bows between 16" a 19". One koke and one sucker. The thermometer on the truck had -19 when I pulled into the lot.

Offline Malty Falcon

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Antero on Thursday
« Reply #1 on: Dec 14, 2013, 12:39 PM »
How was the sledding on Thursday ?  On Tuesday is was really tough getting out to 15FOW, we started on the north shore.  Me and the boys would like to start on the south side next time, and just fish the dam in that depth. 
Any suggestions?

Malty
Fishin' is better with a Malty Beverage!

Offline arkansas angler

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Antero on Thursday
« Reply #2 on: Dec 14, 2013, 12:49 PM »
It wasn't too bad pulling the sled last Thursday. It was cold enough that the sled pretty much stayed on top of the snow. If it had been a little warmer, I would have been plowing. I haven't checked out the south shore yet this ice fishing season, but when I made my last trip to fish open water, the south shore road to the dam was closed. Which would make for a pretty long pull. It might be closer to park on the north shore by the first restroom and walk to the dam from there. If that road is reopened, it is easy access to the dam area. Good luck Malty.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.