Maine > Ice Fishing Maine

What do people think about the Presumpscot river stockings...

(1/11) > >>

Sir Catchalot:
I think it is a little ridiculous that they stocked about .6% of the entire state stockings into that river. (I did the calculations)  I mean come on, there were 55 entries in the stocking report for that river,  Most of which go into the "fishin hole" on route 35 in windham. I just wondered what the general concensus was as far as that whole deal goes.

The part that p's me off the most is that its flyfishing only.  I think if they are going to put that many fish into the river then flyfishermen/women should have to pay an extra fee to fish in those rivers.  How many ice-fishing only ponds do you see??

I hope other people see this differently than I do because it isnt making sense to me

toguebuster:
well i guess ill be the first to tackle this one ,im not afraid of the heat.first of all iam a flyfisherman.second does .6 % bother you that much . its time for you to take out your calculator and figure what percentage of fish go into general law sections ,and and what percentage of water is general law.i have fished it and its one of the only rivers that still has fish in it as well as the pleasant .because for the most part its catch and release.its bad enough that you get to dunk your worms and live bait in about every good spot in maine ,you cry when they give fly fisherman a place to go and actually catch a fish a month after the truck arrives. so.maine is managed for put and take ,andboy  do the general law people take .usually more than thier share, then they come to ffo and artificial only rivers and take all those too,ive caught my share of people,sometimes toting kids along teaching them to make thier own rules.we dont even have catch and release lakes .look at other states with awesome fishing its usually the ffo waters that have it .,due to the ethics . now im not knocking the way you fish to each thier own,and thier are great people out there with great ethics and they dont carry a flyrod,but to knock me and want me to pay more .thats absurd .i do my share to protect and preserve ,im paying enough.i pick an average of 25-50 worm containers a year ,as well as other trash . i volunteer when i can to difw.that river bring in revenue for the state i have met flyfisherman from all over fishing thier ,and for the most part some of the nicest anglers i know.if your that concerned go and fish north gorham pond if you want a piece of the action thats where most of the fish end up.and you can ice fish it . and to make a statement like there are no ice fishing only ponds is idiotic. yea shut down a pond for 9 months ,but open for three. good way to bring money to the state. with that mentality im sure you think catch and release is bad too as well as trohpy waters .with all the mercury in our fish you cant eat many any way why not throw them back .or have a river like the presumpscot that is ffo,and lots of fish.so we can have at least one river out of all the ones that are general law to fish and catch fish all the time .one out of how many? is it really that unfair? .6%,thats a drop in the bucket.maybe you need to stop whining and pick up a flyrod. im sorry for my attitude if it offends anyone!but i am a strong believer in catch and release ,and  an avid flyfisherman and as a whole we do more good ,than harm its about time the state rewards us with a place to call our own!!!!!!!!!one out of thousands.

Bluefinforme:
when they put these in who cares!!!!

Frozen_nutts:
Here we go againTB with the persoanl attacks.....wow  Take your Prozac!

toguebuster:
no personal attacks ,just stating facts again which people should do before posting such bull !get your facts first .complainig about to much fish,i do need prozac for that one!i did not attack any individuals personally. just a mentality .come on too much fish ,whats next ,our lakes have to much fish lets kill em ,where does it end !!! :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version