Author Topic: Rifle Gap / Harvey Gap  (Read 2412 times)

Offline 6inicehole

• IceShanty Rookie
Rifle Gap / Harvey Gap
« on: Jan 06, 2011, 04:14 PM »
Anyone been to Rifle or Harvey? Ice safe enough? Any good ones? Where else is good near Glenwood Springs? Thanks

Offline thebig1

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Rifle Gap / Harvey Gap
« Reply #1 on: Jan 06, 2011, 04:41 PM »
Ice is safe in most places on Harvey, Rifle still has some scetchy spots. I have seen some reports they were getting the perch over there. Not sure on Crawford, haven't heard anything yet, but we hope to hit it in a month.
Here fishy fishy!!!!!!
[IMG]

Offline brown-time

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Jig one up for me
« Reply #2 on: Jan 06, 2011, 10:41 PM »
Harvey-Our group of 3 got 50 perch last Sunday, ice is 5-6" with thin spots on the central west side.  Mostly smaller fish caught with an occasional toad, my biggest was 13 1/4".  A friend got 36" and 28" pike on his tip-up My buddy iced Rifle today, the ice on the west end is safe and they caught 70 perch between 2 guys, all between 8" and 12", no dinks.  I'd  fish Rifle Gap if I wasn't 2 hours away, I'm hitting Crawford this weekend near the dam for pike and crappie, and a few perch, maybe catfish and some nice trout.

Offline perch_rookie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 07, 2011, 09:48 PM »
fished Harvey today.  my 4 yr old and i got there at 2pm and fished until 5pm.  I have a camera and we got into them with the first holes so I set up the shelter.  13 perch, one bluegill, and one 17" pike.  only one perch was over 9" the rest 6"-7" range.  Bluegill was decent. 35' of water the pike at 18' with a tip up.  7" ice in most places with some areas 9"-10". enjoy! I'm headed out to rifle gap on sunday.  Hopefully Brown-time gives a report on crawford.  Last year my buddy and I relied on his reports often! great resource!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.