Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1607952 times)

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #18570 on: Feb 11, 2020, 12:28 PM »
IFF.....sorry to hear you’re still under the weather and that infection in your calf is back again   :(  hope it doesn’t take as long to heal as last year  :-\
You’ve walked on water once more than me this season  ;)

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #18571 on: Feb 11, 2020, 12:42 PM »
I know, it's Tuesday and my pill minder agrees! Thanks to all who have reminded me!!  :flex: :clap: ;)2 :thumbsup: :roflmao: :bow: :whistle: Of all of the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!! :woot: Tom, I've occasionally forgotten to take my pills (morning and/or evening) and like you I've suffered no ill effects. WW, my wife is still waiting to hear about her radiation schedule. I have not had need for my snowblower since it tried to eat my hand last year!! :whistle:  I'm also a huge fan of Sea Foam!! I buy gas in a 5 gal. can and always put an ounce per gallon of gas. Everything starts with just a pull or two even after sitting in seasonal storage. It's in ALL of my small engines!! It's worth the cost!! I hope everyone has a great day and you get done everything on your planner!!
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #18572 on: Feb 11, 2020, 03:29 PM »
Good afternoon everyone :bow:

Here is the day 4 sturgeon spearing tally sheet.

WS

Online mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #18573 on: Feb 11, 2020, 08:11 PM »
Good evening another foggy/misty day weather guessers say I'll see the sun tomorrow before more rain on Thursday.
Eddie glad there are odd jobs to do on these rainy days for your crew.
Ice Wanderer did you get your basement organized. Do you and Jon have any plans to fish before this weekend's Winter Festival  increases the crowd out on lake george.
Whopper Stopper thank you for the info. on the sturgeon. Do you have the snow blower running like new.
Hunts2long money/profits determine much of what many companies will do and where they will provide service. Does you wife have one of those medical alarms so she can summon assistance if needed since you live in a call phone service dead zone.
Wallyworld guess phone service providers are no longer required to have a back up to keep their system's going during power failures. The monetary disputes between TV networks and service providers determine what channels they carry and how much is charge for the different packages the TV service providers offer to their customers.
Tomturkey did the wife have a good appointment with the new ortho. doctor and her test results help him/her determine a course of treatment.
IFF sorry to hear the leg infection has returned with medication may it clear up faster this time.
OldSailor I think many medications remain in our bodies for a day or more after taking them so missing one day's dosage deos not cause major problems for the majority of us.

A pleasant and good night to every one.
 Steve

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18574 on: Feb 11, 2020, 08:20 PM »
Thanks guys and gals, If I am not mistaken its snowed here 7 days in a row :o :o ::)
Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #18575 on: Feb 12, 2020, 02:40 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Windy and snowing 27* this am,  high of 37 today.

Bud...sorry to read the skin infection has returned, best wishes with that clearing up quickly.  :thumbsup:
  Steve...there’s plenty of things for us to do inside to keep us busy, the biggest problem we face is waiting on the budget money to be released...not allowing it to be done. We poured sidewalks yesterday, order is in for another pour today.  ;D
  Marv...thanks again for updates...the numbers are going up on the quota!  :thumbsup: I’ve never tried sturgeon before.
   Wally...we spent the day outside again, saw lots of the busses but never did get to see who was there making a racket yesterday. Maybe next Tuesday... :thumbsup:

Running short on time this morning, catch up to you all this afternoon!  Cawfee’s on...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #18576 on: Feb 12, 2020, 04:02 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                          It's 24* and a breeze is blowing. :%$#!:
                          I'm short on time myself, I'm meeting Jon in a little bit, we're hitting LG this morning, I hope we don't get blown off.  :unsure:
                          Bud...…..Sorry to hear of the skin infection. :o
                          Marv...….Are you doing trees or fishing? ???
                          Eddie......I saw on the news something about helping each other at the rally yesterday, it was mostly inside. :blink:
                          I hope everyone has a good Wednesday either at work or out doing!

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #18577 on: Feb 12, 2020, 04:50 AM »
Good morning Eddie, IW! Good morning everyone :bow:

32 but temps are dropping to 4 by the afternoon. The wind machine will be cranking up to 30mph by the afternoon, ugly wind chills over night around -35.

mr.clean the JD tractor and blower are running like a fine Swiss watch, hard to believe it's 25 years old already.

Bud sorry to read of the infection, hope it's short lived :thumbsup:

Eddie were you able to get to all the pictures from the link yesterday ???

IW no trees back to the garage. Best of luck to you and Jon today :thumbsup:

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18578 on: Feb 12, 2020, 05:38 AM »
22* and clear. More snow on the way, stupid ground hog and his early Spring. It is windy.
IFF, hope the leg improves quickly.
IW, hope you and Jon have a good day on the ice.
I have to take Scout into the groomers this morning.
Have a good day...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18579 on: Feb 12, 2020, 06:21 AM »
Time to try and remember what I had posted. When I came back from getting another cup off coffee. I see the red warning that some one had posted and to review my post I had typed. When I scrolled down what I had typed was gone. I guess I will blame it on H2L. LOL

Steve The  test they did of the fluid from the wife's knee showed nothing of concern. Her next appointment will be in September.

WS It looks like the cold you are getting is coming this way for Friday with almost  zero guessed.

I am headed back to the city to pick up my meds today. My DIL that works for the hospital the pharmacy is part of told me on the phone last night that I better call before going down as the new computer system that just got installed is really screwed up making the pharmacy slow getting RX's filled.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18580 on: Feb 12, 2020, 06:26 AM »
TT, guess I will have to take the blame, I was the last one to use it...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18581 on: Feb 12, 2020, 06:34 AM »
Morning all,

IW......good luck today, hope the slush isn't too bad  ;)

Eddie.....didn't see any protester report on the news last night, guess whoever was there wasn't loud enough  :woot:

WS.....guessing the home fires will be roaring today/tonight with those numbers  :o 

H2L....we've had more "winter" since Phil said early spring  :cookoo: 

IFF.....hope the snow lets up soon out there  :blink:

MrC.....another round of wintry mix/snow tonight into tomorrow here  ::)  hope their forecast of 2-6" of snow is right this time and we don't actually get another 12-14" like last week  :nono:  :wacko:

TT....hope the meds are ready when you get there  :)  Is MrsTT still going to pt for her knee  ???

IF45.....keeping you in my thoughts  ;)

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #18582 on: Feb 12, 2020, 04:42 PM »
Good evening everyone :bow:

Day 5 sturgeon tally

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18583 on: Feb 12, 2020, 08:33 PM »
yeah crew, I hope it clears up to,  The dang itching and swelling is starting to get to me.  Guess What snowing again tonight now too.  Hoping its just a dusting. :o :o

Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #18584 on: Feb 13, 2020, 02:34 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  30* and snowing, looks like about 2” so far, 3-5 guessed, high of 35.

Marv...thanks for the update, I did see the other pictures on the link you shared! Some incredible fish being taken by all ages, wow!! How long has this been taking place there?   :clap:  :thumbsup:
  Wally...heard it mentioned some of the protesters were from Planned Parenthood on Tuesday?
  Tom...glad your wife’s test came up negative.  :clap: 
  Jeff...will be looking forward to your report, hope you had a great day out there!   :thumbsup:

We’re down to our last piece of concrete to pour, but it won’t be today or tomorrow with the weather. We have Monday  off, so looking like Tuesday will be the finale.   :clap:
  Time to clean the truck off and see how the roads are going to treat me...Cawfee’s on!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #18585 on: Feb 13, 2020, 03:57 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                             It's 28* and snowing as well, local news last night said 4 to 8 inches expected, but the guesser said he thought more toward the 4 inch
                   range! ::)
                             Eddie...…...I hope your drive to work was without any problems. :thumbsup:
                             Wally...…….Surprising enough there wasn't any slush, we had 2" of white ice and 5" of black ice. That's a good thing, the white on top
                  will reflect the higher sun that gets higher every day. :whistle:
                             Tom...……...Glad to read your wife had a good report on her test. :clap:
                             H2L...……….I bet Scout looks very handsome after his grooming. :thumbsup:
                             Marv...……..Those are some remarkable fish being caught. :o  What's on your agenda today? ??? A well maintained piece of equipment
                  will last a long time, and you have proven that with the JD tractor. :flex: :clap: :bow:
                             It was an excellent day for Perch, I got my limit and never moved from my hole.
                             Tomorrow, my wife and I are taking my old bedroom set to give to her son in Keene NH. So today I have to wrap it un some stretch
                  wrap for the trip.
                             I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or out on some ice.

IW

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18586 on: Feb 13, 2020, 04:32 AM »
happy travels Jeff.
Bud

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #18587 on: Feb 13, 2020, 04:49 AM »
Good morning Eddie, IW! Good morning everyone :bow:

-10 with a -34 wind chill. The windows rattled all night as the wind machine just kept going.

Eddie glad the link worked for you :thumbsup: The first modern sturgeon spearing season on Lake Winnebago occurred during the winter of 1931-1932, but it wasn't until 1952 that the first spearing season occurred on the Upriver Lakes (harvest of 200 fish). Bottom line the sturgeon spearing season is almost as big as Christmas and on the heels of deer hunting in the land of cheese.

IW nice to read the old furniture has a home :thumbsup: Just stuffing the stove here and some garage time   

WW are you busy making Valentines cookies ???

I am taking my wife to the bus stop this morning, she is a trooper.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18588 on: Feb 13, 2020, 05:59 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie.....hope your drive was problem free this morning, should be better by quitting time  ;)

WS.....that fire looks cozy  :clap:  must be tough to walk away from it to head outside with that cold and wind  :pinch: thanks for the spearing info, very interesting  :thumbsup:   no cookies  :'(

IW.....congrats on a good day on the ice  :flex: :thumbsup:  kudos for passing along the furniture  :clap: safe travels

IFF.....hope the snow didn't pile up too much  :blink:

Picked up about an inch of snow so far, coming down at a pretty good clip right now, heavy wet stuff as the temps are just above freezing  :-\  sure is pretty to look at thru the window  ;)2  a touch of WS's cool breeze will be moving in tonight/tomorrow which hopefully helps with all the slush on the lakes in this area  :-\ 

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18589 on: Feb 13, 2020, 06:08 AM »
29* and light snow. Looks like less than 2" on the wife's car.
IW, a good day on the ice. Have a safe trip to NH. Scout even got ribbons in her ears. After I picked her up we stopped at the daughters and she ran around with Rocky and Willow in their back yard. She was tired out last night.
WS, good weather to be sitting in front of the wood stove. I think that is the only part of burning wood that I miss. Hitting the button on the remote is pretty nice.
Eddie, hope the drive wasn't too bad this morning.
Hope everyone has a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18590 on: Feb 13, 2020, 08:55 AM »
WW only about 1" I am fine with that
Bud

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #18591 on: Feb 13, 2020, 04:30 PM »
Good afternoon everyone :bow:

Day 6 tally is in

WS

Online mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #18592 on: Feb 13, 2020, 10:26 PM »
Good evening Wintry mix left a coating on vehicles this morning before changing over to rain. Things cool down tomorrow with high only in the upper twenties with winds between 10-20 MPH. It reached the mid-forties today.
Eddie sounds crazy to be talking about concrete pours during February in upstate NY.  May the budget money be approved and freed up so there is no delay at your work place. Hope the ride to Albany was not to bad this morning.
Ice Wanderer congratulations on catching a limit of perch. :clap: :thumbsup: Good to hear your old bedroom set is being passed on to a family member. May you and the wife have save journey to Keene,NH.
Whopper Stopper hope you did not burn through to much wood today. Happy to hear your tractor/snow blower is running great after a little work. Thanks for the photos of sturgeon spearing. Do you know if Tonya Winkleman in the one photo is related to Babe Winkleman.
Hunts2long wonder what Ground Hog Phil's accuracy rate is over the years. Sounds like Scout had a good time playing with Lindsay's dogs.
TomTurkey glad to hear nothing of concern was found in fluid taken from your wife's knee. Hope you were able to get your medications.
Wallyworld may the weather guessers have been correct with the forecast and you did not receive another 12 or more inches of snow.
IFF may you see a break from all the snow this weekend.
Capt.Jim may your kidney problems be resolved.
Icefisher-45 all the best with this week's lumbar procedure.

May everyone have a good night.
 Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #18593 on: Feb 14, 2020, 02:40 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Happy Valentines Day!
  20* with some good NW winds at the moment, temps will be dropping throughout the day to single digits.  :tipup:

Steve...agreed, it’s certainly been one crazy year so far for the concrete crew....may even get crazier today?  :cookoo:   Believe I read that Punxsutawney Phil had a 39% accuracy rate.   ;D
  Marv...thanks for the history behind the spearing/season on the lakes and the daily updates, great stuff! :clap:  :bow: I can’t get over how big some of those brutes are, they’ve got some age on them for sure! We’re getting a little taste of your weather for the next two days here....send some more!   ;D
  Bud...glad the snow stayed on the light side for you! Hope your leg is coming around.   :thumbsup:
  I-45/Capt.J/Drifter...best wishes sent to you fellas, hope you’re feeling better.    :thumbsup:
  H2...it’s going to be a busy day tomorrow up on the reservoir. It’s too bad this weather arrived a tad late, but think canceling the Walleye Challenge was still the safest bet.  :thumbsup:
  Wally...the drive in wasn’t too bad, followed a plow down the mountain which was a plus! Sloppy wet snow here as well..now, new white ice, lol.   :thumbsup:
   Jeff...congratulations on finding a hot hole and limiting out on the perch again, that’s excellent!   :clap:  Safe travels today to N.H., be careful with the winds!  :thumbsup:

Heard a rumor yesterday before the closing bell that “ someone “ of higher authority wanted us to pour the last piece of concrete today. It’s a little to soon for April Fools jokes yet, but the way things have gone so far this year, it wouldn’t really surprise me! I’ll have my Carhartt’s and  camera ready just in case... ;D   :whistle:
  Time to see what this day will bring, lol... Cawfee’s on gang!

Offline Mocs n Docs

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18594 on: Feb 14, 2020, 03:36 AM »
Morning all!
Been stuck at work all night - trying to finish up a project before the weekend but it is proving to be quite the challenge to complete  :%$#!:
Only a couple hours to go, a few meetings, and a probably a short nap between me and the hardwater though!  :thumbsup:
-17* and clear skies right now with a slight wind making it feel like -27. Thinking I'll head a couple hours north in WI to chase some walleye with flags- Hopefully the temp rises with the sun this morning but I'll be out lovin every minute of it regardless ;D

Seeing your guys' fishing pics sure has made it easier on this long shift - thanks for them and keep them coming!

Best of luck to all getting out this weekend!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #18595 on: Feb 14, 2020, 05:18 AM »
Good morning Eddie, Welcome Docs! Good morning everyone :bow:

-12 in the bog with -20+ WC. It's heading to above 0 by the noon hour and +35 by Saturday :cookoo:

Eddie The sturgeon harvest is an amazing story. Of course it comes with some protest but the protesters are smart enough to do it from long range. I think they know if they approached the diehards they would get the opportunity to feel the spear tines first hand :whistle:

IW good going on the fishing, safe travels!

Mocs what town in WI are you from?

WW have a good day over there. Hope the snow didn't amount to much.

mr.clean funny you asked about Tonya Winkleman, as my wife was wondering the same. No idea but she certainly could be.

Today I am heading up to my s-i-l's to help move furniture around. She is having all her carpets cleaned and needs to move as much stuff as she can.

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18596 on: Feb 14, 2020, 05:47 AM »
4* and clear this morning.
WS, a couple more big fish.
Eddie, I am sure the morning will be busy on the lake but most will come in for the afternoon drawings. The lake is going down about 2 feet a week.
Hope everyone has a good day and stay warm....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #18597 on: Feb 14, 2020, 05:53 AM »

Good morning Eddie, Mocs, WS, ER's,
                                    It's 0* headed to the minus when the sun rises a little higher. ::)
                                    Mocs……...…...Welcome to the morning addiction. :clap: :thumbsup:
                                    Eddie...………...Are they crazy, don't they listen to the weather guessers. :cookoo:
                                    Marv...………….That fire looks like a nice place to camp for the next 2 days. :whistle: Watch the back wrestling the furniture around. :flex:
                                    Wally...………….Yesterday we only got 1.5" of snow, the guessers predicted 4 to 8 inches. :o
                                    I'm headed to NH this morning after my wife's radiation appointment. Furniture is all loaded, all I have to is strap one piece down.
                                    I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or out.

IW

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18598 on: Feb 14, 2020, 06:22 AM »
Good Morning ER's 11* below here not far away 32* below thank god only hanging around a day or two. Wind has been laying low thankfully. This cold snap should help extend the season a couple extras days maybe weeks. IW nice perch report.

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18599 on: Feb 14, 2020, 06:27 AM »
marv Thanks for sharing some of the cold. That of my thermometer has  gone bad as it is not reading any thing. Only a zero. Not much wind thankfully. Might be getting some rain the first of the week. I might qualify for the Navy as I cleared the poop deck of the few inches of light fluffy snow off the back deck. The snow is to deep in the dog run so the wife's does his duty on the back deck.

The meeting with the two from the county seniors went well yesterday. We should be getting the $5,000 from the county pretty soon. I think the woman that we removed from the board last week will be taken off of the county board. As we were winding up the meeting a guy that is a pain started in on the head of the county seniors about the $5000. I finally put my hand in his face to shut him up. I asked the manger if that was going to be corrected. He looked down at the list of our board members with the name of the  woman we removed from our board and said yes. The sad part is we donot have a room at our center to have a closed board meeting in as this was.

OS when I was still on insulin my edroconogist told me I might try not taking my fast a acting insulin during the day and only take my  night time insulin. I would forget to take that once in a while with my sugars remaining good. I finally stopped taking that as well with no problems. The Nurse Practitioner gal I saw the next visit to the office flipped when I told her I was not taking any insulin at all. The doctor never wrote down the suggestion he made so it was not in my records. 

Modify!!! I saw that there were three posts made while Iwas hunting and picking on the key board. At least I did not lose what I had typed this time.

Mocs Welcome to the best thread on the internet. Stick around and you will find a great group on here.

I need to get breakfast so I can take the wife down to the Senior Center to help take all of the stuff she has made for the Friday Potluck. I might  go back down around noon as what the gals have planned for the potluck sounds inviting.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.