Author Topic: Question on Marcum Recon 5-- Changing the battery  (Read 1134 times)

Offline Ihawkangler

• Team IceShanty Regular
Question on Marcum Recon 5-- Changing the battery
« on: Dec 14, 2018, 06:30 PM »
Purchased a Recon 5 last year and maintained the battery along with my Vexilars.  Got it out for ice fishing and only charged 2 of 3 bars.  Called Marcum and they sent me a replacement battery and the guy told me it is easy to change.   Got the battery and went to their website to see how to change it and it says you have to send it to them to change the battery.  Is this my punishment for not buying a Vexilar camera?   Anyone have any knowledge to share on this matter?

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
Re: Question on Marcum Recon 5-- Changing the battery
« Reply #1 on: Dec 14, 2018, 07:04 PM »
any pics where it might come apart. if he said its easy then maybe it is? the hard part is done, you have the battery.

Offline tbern

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 14, 2018, 07:09 PM »
Purchased a Recon 5 last year and maintained the battery along with my Vexilars.  Got it out for ice fishing and only charged 2 of 3 bars.  Called Marcum and they sent me a replacement battery and the guy told me it is easy to change.   Got the battery and went to their website to see how to change it and it says you have to send it to them to change the battery.  Is this my punishment for not buying a Vexilar camera?   Anyone have any knowledge to share on this matter?
. I see on their site that it is a option to have them change it, not a requirement, so it's got to be able to be changed by the consumer somehow. Hopefully someone will jump in with instructions.

Offline Aqualift

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 14, 2018, 07:29 PM »
 It looks like you need a #1 minature Phillips head screwdriver in order to remove those 14 screws that hold the housing together.

Offline Ihawkangler

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 15, 2018, 09:50 PM »
Thanks.  I looked on You Tube and did various Internet searches and found nothing which was surprised me since you can find almost everything on 1 of those 2.  I will call them Monday.  I suspect if I try it the warranty probably gets voided.   You are right they do sell the battery but then the website says it must be sent to them to be replaced.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.