The Dark House Spearing board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: new floor in darkhouse  (Read 1769 times)

Offline newfish

• IceShanty Rookie
new floor in darkhouse
« on: Oct 17, 2013, 07:29 PM »
The old floor in darkhouse rotted out so we built a new one and covered it with an old truck bed liner.
1) Durable plastic
2)strong non- flexible [at least in the direction opposite the ribs]
3) nonabsorbent, black ( no need to paint)
4) self draining with slight pitch toward hole.
5) FREE picked up along side road.

Offline newfish

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: new floor in darkhouse
« Reply #1 on: Oct 17, 2013, 07:35 PM »
would post pic have not figured out how to

Offline pfscott

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Oct 17, 2013, 07:45 PM »
Perfect idea, like my bro in law says, 'if it's free, it's for me!'

Offline jasonmichalski

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Oct 21, 2013, 09:58 AM »
Alot of people ask this so i wrote this and saved it:

Here is how ya post pics 

First make sure that you have a picture loaded on to your computer in a file

1.Then go to this web site: http://photobucket.com/
2.Then sign up for an account on the site (it's free)
3.Then make sure you are signed in and you will see a small screen that says "Upload Images & Video" and under that there will be a blue box that says
"choose file" CLICK on that blue box and a small screen will pop up from your computer that says "select files to upload" and then you need to find the file
 that your picture is on and click OPEN (WAIT FOR A FEW SECONDS TO LET IT LOAD)
4. OK now step #3 will send your picture to your account on Photobucket.com
5. Then when you see your picture on Photobucket.com you need to CLICK where it says "save and continue"
6.Now you will be looking at your picture in a smaller forum and all you need to do is put the mouse pointer over the picture and a small window will slide down.
7.When that small window slides down you need to LEFT CLICK (left click is the normal click that you do on the computer, DON'T RIGHT CLICK) on where
 it says "LINK OPTIONS" then a screen will pop up and then look at where it says IMG for bulletin boards & forums then left click under it on the part that says "http://" and then when it becomes high lighted "RIGHT CLICK" on the http:// again and left click "COPY"
8. Now just go to where you want the picture posted and left click the little Icon above the smiley faces that looks like a picture of sky,trees, and sand, then when you see something that looks like this [img][img] you need to right click in between these 2 symbols>>>>>>    [img]  and click where it says "COPY". NOW JUST CLICK "POST" and you got a picture posted  ;D

That's how you post a Picture, I hope that helps

Offline P Meyette

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Oct 21, 2013, 11:08 AM »
nice idea should work great

Offline newfish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Oct 22, 2013, 03:17 PM »

Offline DLB

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Oct 24, 2013, 02:25 PM »
As most p/u owners with those things in the bed can attest to, they tend to be quite slippery when wet.  Watch your step or you may wind up in the hole along with the decoy.  :o
You can observe alot by watching.
Yogi Berra

Offline newfish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Oct 24, 2013, 06:53 PM »
oh boy yea I have always feared ending up in the hole. I may take some self tapping screws with 1/4 hex heads and put a row of them along edge of the hole in the upper hump of the ridge . But first a test, I'm going to put my white mickey mouse boots on and take a bucket a water out to the shack and test it out.

Offline Quantumn

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Oct 27, 2013, 01:18 PM »
oh boy yea I have always feared ending up in the hole. I may take some self tapping screws with 1/4 hex heads and put a row of them along edge of the hole in the upper hump of the ridge . But first a test, I'm going to put my white mickey mouse boots on and take a bucket a water out to the shack and test it out.

So how did the experiment work out Newfish? I am sure you will come up with a viable and cheap way of preventing slippage.  ;D

Offline newfish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Oct 27, 2013, 02:27 PM »
results are in:
1) if floor is just wet, it is not slippery at all while wearing my mickeys.
2) I also found out that if you take a spray bottle and mist water on it when temp in 20's you can build up a layer of ice in it, then it is slippery, but I think most any surface would be. Thinking ahead to those mornings when it is zero degrees out and I crank the heater, at first the air may be 70 in the shack but the bedliner material may still be below 32 degrees. As the snow melts off my boots, then we are skating.
A few screws with hex heads along the edge of the hole will calm my nerves. Unless someone has a better idea.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #11 on: Oct 27, 2013, 03:07 PM »
results are in:
1) if floor is just wet, it is not slippery at all while wearing my mickeys.
2) I also found out that if you take a spray bottle and mist water on it when temp in 20's you can build up a layer of ice in it, then it is slippery, but I think most any surface would be. Thinking ahead to those mornings when it is zero degrees out and I crank the heater, at first the air may be 70 in the shack but the bedliner material may still be below 32 degrees. As the snow melts off my boots, then we are skating.
A few screws with hex heads along the edge of the hole will calm my nerves. Unless someone has a better idea.
Non-skid paint or strips! Or screws in the bottom of your boots, or wear ice cleats!
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.