The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Who wants to go trout fishing??????with me  (Read 1147 times)

Offline Howie Ketchdem

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • " I thought you were bringing the bait"
Who wants to go trout fishing??????with me
« on: Dec 28, 2007, 09:31 PM »
i know a lake that is full of rainbow and want to get out there and fish it for them, there is plenty of ice. i have caught them in the summer very often some times 5-6 a day. all good size but have not caught them in the winter ever and need some company while trying to catch em . all my friends think im nuts when i ask em to go fishing at 3 or 4 in the morn but ive heard thats what it takes for trout, and i want to give it a shot. send me a pm if interested
"DUDE Where'd my rod GO!!"

FLAAAAAAGGGGGG!!!!

Offline TeamTwoSticks

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Who wants to go trout fishing??????with me
« Reply #1 on: Dec 30, 2007, 12:09 PM »
hey i would love to go after some rainbows.  my dad has been buggin me about it and wants to get out.  we tried to catch them a few years ago without much luck but have not targeted them since.

Offline Howie Ketchdem

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • " I thought you were bringing the bait"
« Reply #2 on: Jan 01, 2008, 10:48 PM »
hey man we have to hook up and fish then cause i must live with in 5 minutes of you and i always fish alone. let me know when you are free to fish....
"DUDE Where'd my rod GO!!"

FLAAAAAAGGGGGG!!!!

Offline swampbuckster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I.S. FOR LIFE! <(((((><|
« Reply #3 on: Jan 02, 2008, 08:30 AM »
Hey, I'd make the run down to Tecumseh for some trout fishing!
You may call me crazy, but crazy catches fish!

Offline Vexilar Prowler

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • They re always where ya find em!!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 02, 2008, 09:07 AM »
how does a guy go about catching trout through the ice?  Catching panfish, perch, and eye's are easy.  Dont really have an idea though about how to catch trout.  I know of a lake that is supposed to have a good population of trout.  It is a 43 acre lake that is long and narrow.  There are three holes, one is 40' and the other two are 50' and 60'.  What depth would i find rainbows and browns? Any info would help. Thanks

Offline theozmeister

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 02, 2008, 09:43 PM »
ive been ice fishin for trout since i was 5, and believe it or not, you wanna forget all about fishin deep. for the bows, you wanna stick to shallow rock flats. in the winter, they cruise these flats. i fish in anywhere between 5-15 fow with a minnow or wiggler about half way down. jigging w/ a sweedish pimple works well too. you also wanna stay real quiet, not a lot of movement on the ice cuz rainbows r real spooky. when i do fish over deep water, ill set a tip up about two feet under the ice. As far as fishin at 4 in the monrin, its not necesary. ive actually had my best luck ice fishin for rainbows  between 7-9 in the mornin and 5-7 at night. hope this helps. if ya need any more info, just send me a pm. happy new year

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.