The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: icefishin for lake trout (traverse/interlochen/higgins lake)  (Read 1426 times)

Offline TedhomesTedder

• IceShanty Rookie
I try to make as much time for ice fishing as i can and i do...so i like to fish during the weekdays early morning for lake trout thru early ice. With that said i got all the tackle  and equipment spots and techniques  needed for me and 1 or 2 more people. So i got everything besides someone to go with me on most days so let me know if your interested in meeting me at a lake to go fish.
Nothing better than seeing  your flag up!

Offline dalhnt

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: icefishin for lake trout (traverse/interlochen/higgins lake)
« Reply #1 on: Jan 04, 2017, 10:55 PM »
That is something I really want to try this year... Ive been watching youtube videos, and it sure looks like my kind of fun! Too bad I live in Indiana and only get up there on weekends or you would get tired of me Ted... ;-)

Offline TedhomesTedder

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 05, 2017, 07:48 AM »
Ha! Well im around trying to fish on the weekends too...so dont hesitate to get in touch if your around. I will keep fishn the whole ice season. Its just that early ice during weekdays is my prefered time to be on the lakes! Goodluck out there! Flags up! -ted

Offline DaveSS1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 05, 2017, 08:02 AM »
Welcome Ted.  I may be interesting in meeting up.  My wifes side of the family just moved up to the West side of TC and close to a lot of good lakes.  I used to live up that way and know a few of the obvious places but its been about 10 years.  Still have some of my lake trout set ups, and few po's and sandkickers as well..  I hope the bay settles down and freezes this year as I would like to get out.  Also do a lot of smelt fishing and have all the lights, etc. if that's your game.

Offline TedhomesTedder

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 05, 2017, 08:51 AM »
Thanks for the welcoming. Ive never fished for smelts thru ice. But id like to i have rods and jigs just no light set up. I also like the idea of catching smelt at night and using em for live bait in the morn for trout from the same lake. I also.am wishing for the bay to freeze but its not looking that way so far. Let me know if your  trying to go out. I read they are catching smelt on green lake and ima try for trout there this weekend....

Offline TedhomesTedder

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 10, 2017, 07:42 PM »
The ice on Higgins is sketchy but i got my limit of lake trout on monday in 2 hours. They were not huge but very delicious. I know they got plenty of lunkers in there. Im ready when you are...let me know!!! Anyone!??

Offline GourdneckGills

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 16, 2017, 09:27 AM »
Just messaged you! Would love to get out
Life is hard, its harder if youre stupid

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.