The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: gen. , Lapeer, cty's and Flint area reports  (Read 518 times)

Offline Martian

• Team IceShanty Addict
gen. , Lapeer, cty's and Flint area reports
« on: Jan 14, 2013, 09:24 AM »
 I haven't even thought of goin out since last weds. before the "thaw". I went to grab bag, sunday, and guy told me people fished all weekend, then added he wouldn't have and I didn't even consider spud scouting, but hope guys will chime in on when they are able to get back out in this part of Mi. so for the next couple days, jig making,  make up some pike leaders, ( finihed smitty sled sat),adding bobber stops on tip-ups for line markers, and gettin Sag river box ready. good luck guys and stay on top.

Offline Martian

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: gen. , Lapeer, cty's and Flint area reports
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15, 2013, 08:51 AM »
it is now tues, a:m , I was going to go to archery club, and then go out with spud, to scout holly area/ fenton. waste of time? ( did this a couple weeks back, DeJavu all over again), Just wondered if ice has re- locked. Really do not want to get out a day or two early. know what I mean Verne?

Offline Me223656

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 15, 2013, 11:37 AM »
I was in ortonville yeaterday and the ice didnt look bad. Just the shore ice was thin. I didnt have a spud with me to look around and i was by myself. I will be out that way again this afternoon about 2 o clock to check with spud. PM me and maybe we can buddy up for safety

Offline Me223656

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 15, 2013, 06:07 PM »
I found lots of soft ice in and around ortonville. I didnt venture to far out but he spud wasnt to hard to put thru in one good smack any where i went

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.