Author Topic: Sabattus Pike Fish for a Cure Derby results  (Read 5882 times)

Offline coldsteel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Sabattus Pike Fish for a Cure Derby results
« Reply #30 on: Jan 21, 2013, 06:14 AM »
great derby always a blast fishing with you guys, I agree not a fan of just tossing pike on the ice, next year we will be back and be in the $$$
I Chase Toothy Critters!!!!

Offline SmellsLikeFishNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Jan 21, 2013, 06:55 AM »
Well Scott don't get caught saying anything like what u said about making u sick to see them pike on the ice in the Maine forum...i did and got ripped hardcore for it...they removed my post..had 200 replies in an hour ripping me..and got some PM's saying i was a ice shanty ROOKIE so shut up and don't post things anymore..

I saw that Whitetail....It did make me sick, didnt seem like being a good outdoors man at all, but everyone has their opinions. What do they hope will happen by throwing all of them on the ice? That the population of Perch will rebound? Its just silly!

Dont let them bother, you, just go out and fish and enjoy yourself, thats what its all about.

Offline Sinnian

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • PM me
« Reply #32 on: Jan 21, 2013, 07:45 AM »
Well Scott don't get caught saying anything like what u said about making u sick to see them pike on the ice in the Maine forum...i did and got ripped hardcore for it...they removed my post..had 200 replies in an hour ripping me..and got some PM's saying i was a ice shanty ROOKIE so shut up and don't post things anymore..

It was the way in which you said it, and not all 200 posts were ripping you.  Glad you participated in the derby and on the Maine Board!  You are right, there is no need to leave those fish on the ice (and apparently there were 30-40 left in the parking lot) ~ NOPE no need of that.  But you can't "preach" about them being killed when IFW wants them killed ~ they are not managed like they are in NH ~ they want them killed.  To each their own, I certainly see both sides, and try to respect everyone's opinions.

~TIGHTLINES

Offline SmellsLikeFishNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Jan 21, 2013, 08:31 AM »
Thanks again Jeff for all your advice and help out there, we will be back!! :-)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.