The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: What do you do in the off season  (Read 5931 times)

Offline swampbuckster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I.S. FOR LIFE! <(((((><|
Re: What do you do in the off season
« Reply #60 on: Feb 07, 2008, 02:01 PM »
I do alot of kayaking right as the ice is getting out. (Great time to see ALOT of different ducks) Then get out to my carp fishing spot before the bugs come out until it's time to start morel hunting and walleye fish the inland lakes. I also do alot of mountain biking before the temps rise. Once it gets hot, bass fish, take the boat out to the chain of lakes, camp, take a trip or two up north, fall rolls around, I start scouting out new waterfowl areas, bow hunt, DUCK HUNT every chance I can get, then switch over to shotgun for a few days (enough to tag some meat, then back to duck hunting) And that brings me back to ice fishing and snowmobiling.
You may call me crazy, but crazy catches fish!

Offline fshnfool

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #61 on: Feb 07, 2008, 02:03 PM »

Offline luckyfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #62 on: Feb 08, 2008, 12:03 PM »
Golf, Fish, Gamble, and stay in a Hotel. No Camp.
sorry to say,"but if you cant camp out than theres something wrong!!!!!!!!

My off season has to envolve anthything that you can do outside, I WORK AT A GOLF COURSE MOWING ROUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL:laugh:

Offline swampbuckster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I.S. FOR LIFE! <(((((><|
« Reply #63 on: Feb 08, 2008, 12:41 PM »
So if your still on probation come this spring, you'll be mowing and blowing!! :roflmao: :roflmao:
You may call me crazy, but crazy catches fish!

Offline icefisher69

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #64 on: Feb 08, 2008, 05:30 PM »
when the ice starts to melt,then it's time too get ready to head to detroit and do some jigging for walleye!what a blast! mushroom hunting,getting the garden ready,small game,3d league with my bow,food plats for the deer,going to the local lakes and getting some pannies,spring and fall turkey,archery,shotgun and muzzleloading seasons. DAMM I ALSO GOTTA WORK,WHEN AM I GONNA HAVE TIME FOR THAT!!!

Offline c2223

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #65 on: Feb 08, 2008, 07:26 PM »
My vacation is over in mid March, I am then babysitting my pregnant mares who are about ready to foal, night and day, once they foal I will work with the babies and train them and breed the mare back if possible, artifically, which I do myself, about the time everyone has foaled and bred back the Michigan fairs are starting, which I attend until late September, when it is yearling sale time at Michigan State, after October 5th I am on vacation again and a very loose cannon, by the way these are Harness Horses called Standardbreds, the ones with a cart behind them! Don't really care anymore for summer fishing, I like the firm meat of a winter caught fish!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.