The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: southeastern michigan  (Read 3938 times)

Offline ohiowoody

• IceShanty Rookie
southeastern michigan
« on: Oct 12, 2005, 09:22 PM »
hi- new to the board. this is great to find somewere to kill time waiting for ice.
when we get closer to winter, will there be more icers here from michigan? i'm
from ohio- about 5 miles from michigan, so most fishing is done in lenawee county.
devils lake, round lake area.

Offline Rotney72

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: southeastern michigan
« Reply #1 on: Oct 12, 2005, 10:21 PM »
Welcome woody...this is a very informative site...im from nw indiana...id like to try ice fishing michigan this year...we do pretty well around here ...but i need to get out and explore... :tipup:

Offline skulldugary

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #2 on: Oct 12, 2005, 11:09 PM »
Welcome to the site Ohiowoody.There is a lot of lakes in that area,Wamlpers,Allen.Wolf,Meadow,Vinyard,Sand and Crispell to mention a few...

Offline SleePac

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I'd Rather Be Ice Fishing!
« Reply #3 on: Oct 13, 2005, 04:33 AM »
Welcome Woody!  I'm in Livonia, Michigan....all sorts of options in Livingston - Oakland Counties.  I want to hit Wampler's before the big tourney in January!  Then there are the further north options here in Michigan.  Great fishing all around!

Offline southend517

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Saginaw Bay MI
« Reply #4 on: Oct 13, 2005, 08:27 AM »
just come up to the saginaw bay and gets some big ones

Offline skulldugary

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #5 on: Oct 13, 2005, 08:37 AM »
Brest Bay in Monroe for walleyes....

Offline capt.lucky

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Owosso Mi.
« Reply #6 on: Oct 24, 2005, 03:22 PM »
hi I'm new too we have some good fishing here in mid mi maby we can get to gether this year ;D
Ron M.

Offline Mule Skinner

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 03, 2005, 07:49 PM »
Welcome Ohiowoody !

I fish Lenawee  County lakes also. I still want to give  Devils lk. a try  thru the ice, to many boats in the Summer.

Hey Sleepac, I plan on hitting  Wamplers before the big Trap Attack also. Maybe a few of us from here could plan a meet -n- greet out there  ???

Later guys,

Tom
I love the  smell of fresh Pike Slime in the morning.

Offline reelbigfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Just one more and we'll all go home. SE Mi.
« Reply #8 on: Dec 03, 2005, 10:23 PM »
Hey Ohiowoody,
  I live on the boarder between Lenawee and Hillsdale counties and usually head toward Hillsdale Mi. to fish the Bawbeese chain for BIG panfish.  There are also several excellent panfish lakes around Reading , Mi.  The Devils Lake [Lenawee
county] pike and walleye ate up most of the smaller fish. 
Many men go fishing their entire lives without knowing it's not fish they are after.
Thoreau

Offline swen

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #9 on: Dec 03, 2005, 10:43 PM »
Welcome woody...this is a very informative site...im from nw indiana...id like to try ice fishing michigan this year...we do pretty well around here ...but i need to get out and explore... :tipup:
[/I see you are from NW IN., do you fish Webster lake in Indiana? I live in Grass Lake, MI. and want to go to Webster and set tip-ups for Muskie catch and release. Swenquote]

Offline dale_smith

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Dec 04, 2005, 04:20 AM »
welcome woody i live in monroe county lots of good lakes in a 50 mile circle. got lake erie breast bay great walleye and perch fishing.  head over to hillsdale and there is thousands of lakes in that area

Offline SleePac

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Dec 04, 2005, 06:58 AM »
Alright...I can see that this calls for some very serious and no nonsense action.

I smell a Lower Michigan IceShanty.com Meet & Greet in order!

Wamplers Lake - soon - anyone have suggestion dates?  I hear that lake is one of the first to freeze over!

I guess there's a restuarant right on the lake there....anyone have insight they can share?

Offline Mule Skinner

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Dec 04, 2005, 09:33 AM »
 Wampler's Lake-

The Trap Attack Ice  Fishing Contest is on the  Jan. 21 & 22 weekend, so how about a date before that.

The restaurant is Jerry's Pub and you can park in their parking lot and walk right on from there. They also have good food and cold beer  8) 

If we can decide on a date and things pan out for a meet-n-greet out there, I'll post info about directions and bait store locations.

Later
I love the  smell of fresh Pike Slime in the morning.

Offline MSUICEMAN

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Dec 05, 2005, 06:11 AM »
Alright...I can see that this calls for some very serious and no nonsense action.

I smell a Lower Michigan IceShanty.com Meet & Greet in order!

although i'm relatively new to this board, some of you might recognize me from several other boards.... and I'd definitely be up for something like this. Would be nice to meet more fine members of this site.

steve

Offline SleePac

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Dec 05, 2005, 07:47 AM »
MSUICEMAN - Yep, I'd recognize that screen name anywhere!  Welcome to IS....wait till the tournament gets rolling!  You'll be on here about as much as you're on the ice!

Is it too hopeful to think that we could possibly consider the 7th of January as a meet-n-greet / IS fishing outing that day?

Thoughts?  Suggestions?  Go ahead...talk amongst yourselves...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.