Author Topic: chubby darters  (Read 1787 times)

Offline Kyle_

• Team IceShanty Addict
chubby darters
« on: Feb 07, 2007, 07:05 PM »
I was looking in an older icefishing magazine (2002 i believe) and it said they came out with mini(1.5 inches) and junior chubby darters(2 inches)
on top of their original chubby(2.5 inches)

I already have a few of the 2 inch models(i believe 2 inch, it says 6cm on the package) 
I was thinking of buying some 1.5 inch models but on both cabelas and straight off their website it says they have 1 3/4, 2, 2.5 inch models...so do they make any 1.5 inch chubby's is my main question..if anyone has seen them in a store or bought them id appreciate the name of the store.

Thanks for any info on this huge mystery  ??? :D

Offline Thriller

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: chubby darters
« Reply #1 on: Feb 07, 2007, 07:09 PM »
According to Salmo's web site - http://www.salmofishing.com/lures/chubby_darter.html, CDs come in 3 sizes - 4, 5, and 6 cm (1.75", 2", 2.5") as well as a Giant Chubby - 14 cm or 5.5"...hmmm, I think I've got to get a couple of the Giants and improve my selection of the regular CDs.
Derek

God grant me the Serenity to accept the size of the fish I catch,
the Courage not to fib about it,
and the Wisdom to know that no one would believe me anyway.

Offline shortyonice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 07, 2007, 07:54 PM »
You can request a catalog from their website. They send it out pretty quick. You can also purchase from this catalog, but I found Gander Mountain to be cheaper. Shipping and handling added to the price quite a bit!

Offline KGrant

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 07, 2007, 08:01 PM »
$24.49 for a Giant Chubby, WOW!  I think that's one of the most expensive lures I've ever seen.

Offline pike4some

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GIT R DONE
« Reply #4 on: Feb 07, 2007, 08:50 PM »
I bought a set of 3 off e-bay a month or so ago on of each size for 19.00 plus 2.50 shipping. around here they go for about 7.50 apiece. So I saved a couple of bucks

Offline Thriller

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 07, 2007, 10:17 PM »
$24.49 for a Giant Chubby, WOW!  I think that's one of the most expensive lures I've ever seen.

Start looking at muskie lures then...Grandmas or Jakes come to mind.  A local fellow has developed the Crazy Crippler - it seems to me those are a bit less money.  Bulldawgs too...not that I have any.
Derek

God grant me the Serenity to accept the size of the fish I catch,
the Courage not to fib about it,
and the Wisdom to know that no one would believe me anyway.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.