Author Topic: Hali Jigs  (Read 3700 times)

Offline FrozenJig

• Team IceShanty Regular
Hali Jigs
« on: Feb 07, 2007, 01:52 PM »
I have been hearing that these are "miracle" jigs for quite some time and have finally broke down and bought some.  Has anyone ever used these and does anyone have any helpful tips as to how to effectively use them? Thanks and tight lines
Look for the beer flag, that's where i'm at

Offline snotrag

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Hali Jigs
« Reply #1 on: Feb 07, 2007, 01:55 PM »
There are alot of strings about Hali jigs...I have not read any of them, but now here is another.

My curiosity is now piqued, and now I will seek them out and see what they have to say.  Who knows, I may, in my infinate cheapness, actually break down and buy some based what I find.....

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
« Reply #2 on: Feb 07, 2007, 02:04 PM »
Go to forum, scroll down to jigging. lots of info on hali jigs.
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline marcus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 07, 2007, 05:05 PM »
I had heard alot about these jigs also i bought some and am very pleased  tip them based on what you are after and they seem to work well easy to fish (they got some weight to them)

Offline irishjigger

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • My Favorite Fishin Partner!
« Reply #4 on: Feb 07, 2007, 06:36 PM »
Money well spent ! If you could see the end of the jigging stix in my pic , thats whats on it ! Gary at the Outdoorsman turned my buddie and myself on to them several years back . I like the perch pattern , or should I say the perch do . Had great success with them on Lake George , tip em with a few spikes and hold on . A few friends have said that while fishing other places that they didnt seem to work as well , but thats the same with any lure .  :tipup:
I spent all my money on fishin,huntin,and beer  , everything else was just a waste!
TEAM MIRC NYRC Official Mic Of Mirc

Offline permo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 07, 2007, 07:22 PM »
Hali's are a very specialized perch lure designed for finicky deepwater perch. The are long narrow lead spoons with a tine hook hanging from a short chain at the bottom. Tip the tiny hook with a bunch of spikes or a minnow head. The smaller versions work great for deadsticking live minnows.  The are great for deepwater becasue their heavy weight allows you to get the lure back down to perch. In 45 feet of water it can take FOREVER to get back down when an active school is below you.  They are spendy, but well worth it. They really took off in Devils Lake, North Dakota where the perch a deep, tempermental and well fed.  Corey P
IM 000071

Offline hinkydo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 07, 2007, 08:47 PM »
Fished them in VT. this year got nice perch depth 6 to 10'. Great jig.

Offline seaweed01

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #7 on: Feb 07, 2007, 09:36 PM »
It's my favorite jig for perch.

Offline ice boy19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Feb 08, 2007, 08:15 AM »
yes i also picked 2 up at gander a coiple weeks agoo have yet to try it maybe ill try it today  ;D ;D ;D

NEW YORK'S #1 GAMEFISH

Offline solgrande

• IceShanty Rookie
  • waneta L NY-42"
« Reply #9 on: Feb 08, 2007, 02:34 PM »
hali`s are excellant,i`m more fond of the nils huaka(probably spelled it wrong)it`s a hali sort but is flarred @ the bottom like a fish tail.(Elongated fish).Blk/gold w/chart glow back,or perch-rainbow color w/same glow back.Buckshot rattle spoons are also fav`s.One of each is always rigged.2/3 spikes for the hali or perch eye,& perch eye for buckshot(both have 1.5" droppers).  ;D :tipup:

Offline tracker 1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Feb 08, 2007, 05:55 PM »
I just went to a site that sells Hali jigs, wow there are lots of different types. What type do you recommend and what size.     

Thanks

Offline tracker 1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Feb 08, 2007, 05:57 PM »
  Sorry I forget to add the sight I found was fish307.com

Offline irishjigger

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • My Favorite Fishin Partner!
« Reply #12 on: Feb 09, 2007, 09:46 AM »
Tracker , I fish on Lake George alot , I fish with the Hali Sukkula 50mm in the AFRG ,WFBL,CFR, and the G . I tip it with a few spikes and if I dont get any action after a few minutes I move holes or switch colors till I find what is working that day . Good Luck  :tipup:
I spent all my money on fishin,huntin,and beer  , everything else was just a waste!
TEAM MIRC NYRC Official Mic Of Mirc

Offline Creektroll3

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Feb 09, 2007, 02:29 PM »
Started using them a couple year's back, great lure!!! I've got perch,crappies,gills,trout and even catfish on them. Alway's got a rod rigged with one. Goodluck!!!

2009 Iceshanty Tourney Leader for Crappie

Offline hoggerinthebucket

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Perch, Perch, Perch is there anything better!
« Reply #14 on: Feb 09, 2007, 11:18 PM »
I have used Hali Jigs for a while. There tough to use with a very light rod and spring bobber but you can get use to it. I have done very well with a cornacopia of colors as I have about 15 differnt ones. The glow blue in the smallest size has by far been the best for Perch for me tipped with 3 white spikes. Hogger ON Rick
"There's nothing better than a FAT HOGGER on your ROD"

Offline billmwhite

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Feb 10, 2007, 07:32 PM »
hello fellow ice fisherman. i have used the Hali lures and i really like them.  i have used them also in open water under a properly weighted bobber.  i have caught all species of fish on them. i prefer the larger lures because they also attract fish.  they are pricey.

BMW

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.