Author Topic: New Guy....Question (suprise)!?  (Read 2782 times)

Offline DUCKDIGGLER

• Team IceShanty Regular
New Guy....Question (suprise)!?
« on: Feb 02, 2007, 08:50 AM »
Hello all!

I was wondering how you guys with high end jiggin combos (Croix and Thorne et. al) carry that precious cargo on the ice. I am a bit leary of the good ole sled roll with a few hundred $s in graphite snappin in half. I have been looking at the commerical stuff out there and it looks largley like crap. Any suggestions?? Thanks in advance! DD :D
"Feet Down and Bellys Up!!

Offline bbmonkey

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: New Guy....Question (suprise)!?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 02, 2007, 09:01 AM »
I use the Fishermans Caddy. It holds up to 8 poles and fits into a bucket. It has lots of foam on it too to hold jigs and such.

It works for me.

http://www.fishermanscaddy.com/fishcaddy.html

Offline LoneWolf

• Tournaments/Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Fanatic! >))))>
« Reply #2 on: Feb 02, 2007, 11:45 AM »

I use the Revolution by Stone Legacy. I've been using it for I believe 3 seasons now and as American Express says " I wouldn't leave home without it ".  ;D

Those who are brave are free ..

Offline jimmygunns

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Add more bacon, son!
« Reply #3 on: Feb 02, 2007, 01:23 PM »
I just use a combo case from Cabela's, but I use small rods slicks from Clam on each of the rods to prevent any eyes from snagging on each other while pulling them out one at a time.  Works great!  I think the slicks are at Gander for about $8 for a pack of 2.  Any rod case that has a good stiff tube inside it will work fine.  You're right, since most of my Thorne rods are around $75 a piece, I don't want to chance anything either!  Try a few out, & see what works best for you.  I've used several cases before I figured what it was I liked!

Offline A- bomb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • THE ORIGINAL...ORIGINAL! Go drop A Bomb on 'em
« Reply #4 on: Feb 02, 2007, 01:53 PM »
Throw it in a bucket bang it around drag it all over! I usually buy higher end stuff and its made better also.
my rules 1 Nothing gets the sissy treatment
2 equiptment failure is not an option
3 cheap stuff is worth what you pay for it.........NOT MUCH!
Lack of planning on your part in NO way constitutes an EMERGENCY on mine

Offline C.C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • DO NOT BE AFRAID !!!!
« Reply #5 on: Feb 02, 2007, 01:59 PM »
I also use the Stone Legacy "Revolution". I must admit I was a little sceptical when I first got it but I think it will be a good thing to have. As long as I'm careful putting the St. Croix springies in they are good to go. It also holds loads of stuff besides my rods.
     Jim

Offline fire

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #6 on: Feb 03, 2007, 07:50 AM »
If you have dicks sporting goods go buy an arrow case 5$ this is a hard case with foam holders fits up to 6 poles with reels 36 inches long

Offline perch-man

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Born To FISH Forced To Work
« Reply #7 on: Feb 03, 2007, 11:17 AM »
Put the money out for a insulated rod case 48 ins long to save your equipment. you will not be sorry . Quad or snowmoble can make short work of them if they come off. even shoreline like bush and grass can snap a rod in the cold.Look after it and it will look after you!

Offline DUCKDIGGLER

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Feb 04, 2007, 02:09 PM »
Gusy thank you so much for your opinions!

Has anyone compared the "Ready Rig" unit against the "Revolution"??

I will be carrying 4 St. Croix rods w/ Spring bobbers and reels and want to be able to deploy them w/o much hassle and protect them from Mr Murphy and his law!

"Feet Down and Bellys Up!!

Offline LoneWolf

• Tournaments/Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Fanatic! >))))>
« Reply #9 on: Feb 04, 2007, 03:05 PM »

There's no comparison. The Revolution is probably the best out there.

Here's a link : Revolution

Those who are brave are free ..

Offline percheyes42

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Feb 05, 2007, 06:48 AM »
Throw it in a bucket bang it around drag it all over! I usually buy higher end stuff and its made better also.
my rules 1 Nothing gets the sissy treatment
2 equiptment failure is not an option
3 cheap stuff is worth what you pay for it.........NOT MUCH!
You're right. USUALLY, you get what you pay for. There are exceptions though. I came across a rod that is very cheap about 10-12 years ago. I fish real hard and am not very easy on equipment. I am still fishing with that same rod. It's called The Ice Eagle by Eagle Claw. They no longer make it, but HT Enterprise does. It's model# AIE 30. It is virtually indestructible. I, personally, would never use any other rod. In fact, I just ordered 10 of them just in case HT stops making them and I may even order 10 more. They make great gifts for your ice fishing buddies seeing though they only cost $6 for the rod.

I have been hunting or fishing almost everyday of my life. The rest have been wasted.

Offline Fishin Fireman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Life's Tougher and Funner in Alaska;
« Reply #11 on: Feb 06, 2007, 04:44 PM »
I have a ready rig that I bought up here and cost 29.95 because that was all I could find. It serves it's purpose of keeping my light weight rods from breaking but it's hard to fit more than two or three rods in there without having trouble zipping it up. If I had thought about it more and not been in such a hurry, I would have bought the unbucket or Revolution from Stone legacy. One is because they take care of us here on IS and they are offering this sweet deal http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=41048.0

Fish on  ;D

Brad

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.