Author Topic: Glow Optics  (Read 4357 times)

Offline zamboni

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Glow Optics
« on: Nov 04, 2006, 05:58 PM »
Hey everyone, just bought a glow optics jig tonight, wondering if anyone here has ever used them or had any luck with them. They are kinda spendy, $3.29 each, but they are pretty cool looking and glow pretty bright.

Offline tip-uptwo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Glow Optics
« Reply #1 on: Nov 04, 2006, 07:11 PM »
Never seen or herd of 'em ??? I am going to try a google search :P
Andrew

Offline zamboni

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Nov 04, 2006, 07:43 PM »
full name BTW is glow optics nucleus. It reminds me of a belly button ring believe it or not

Offline muskie_huntre

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 04, 2006, 08:54 PM »
you can find them on the Thorne Bros website under the ice section and  jigs, it was either walleye or panfish baits.  Sizes 8, 6 and 2.  They are made of glass, with a gold hook, and yes they do glow very brightly.  Like a lot of really bright glow jigs, sometimes you have to let the glow fade a bit before letting them down the hole.
MASON

Offline zamboni

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Nov 04, 2006, 09:11 PM »
Dude, thanks for the heads up on the Thorne Bros store. I live in Minnesota, and just checked out their site, WOW what a place!! Gonna head up there, looks like an awesome place

Offline muskie_huntre

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Nov 07, 2006, 01:03 PM »
Zamboni,

Drove up to Alexandria  from SE Mich (just north of Toledo, OH) for the ice fishing championships last December.  Told my partner, we are stopping @ TB's.  Got some good info about Lake Mary, picked up a few jigs and some spoons too. Also got my first three Sweet Pea's.  Since then, picked up three more, then five Power Noodles to go with the Pro + I already had.  The rods are some of the best, if not the best out there and I love my Legends.
MASON

Offline zamboni

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Nov 13, 2006, 09:24 PM »
Going to the Twin Cities this weekend muskie, gonna check out Thorne Bros, then go pick up the shanty I bought off a guy.

Offline muskie_huntre

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 27, 2006, 04:04 PM »
This was a while ago, but how much damage did the wallet take when you went to TB's?
MASON

Offline zamboni

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Dec 27, 2006, 08:25 PM »
I actually behaved myself in there, didn't spend a dime. I was on my mission to buy my Clam, so I figured that was enough money to spend. I did happen to notice they have a very cute girl working in there, that was about as close as to NOT behaving myself as I got.........

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.