Author Topic: Summit Lake  (Read 1810 times)

Offline ]-[0||0W

• IceShanty Rookie
Summit Lake
« on: Dec 27, 2005, 01:21 PM »
ive been part of this forum only for this ice season, and have noticed that many of you boast about Summit Lake.  ive only heard of this lake and no nothing of its whereabouts.  i am from wabash county, so i was wondering if it would be anywhere i would like to fish in the future

Offline Swedish__Pimple

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Summit Lake
« Reply #1 on: Dec 27, 2005, 01:52 PM »
I'll give you a hint,I know of Anglers that are from further north than you are to come and fish Summit,its a panfish Capital,if you can ever find the big boys,it can be alot of fun,

Jimmy

Offline jigginstick

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jig Jig Jig
« Reply #2 on: Dec 27, 2005, 03:09 PM »
I'll give you a hint,I know of Anglers that are from further north than you are to come and fish Summit,its a panfish Capital,if you can ever find the big boys,it can be alot of fun,

Jimmy
Dido on what you told him Jimmy, but also include that it can be tough as he(( sometimes. LMAO

Offline marmooskapaul

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 27, 2005, 06:10 PM »
I can't recall a year at Summit were I had so much trouble catching fish in the middle of the day. It has been an evening bite for me for two weeks at least. There are times it might be worth the drive, but right now it's pretty tough.If the ice holds up you might see that change come late January/ early Feburary. Paul

Offline Swedish__Pimple

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 27, 2005, 06:12 PM »
A tough day on the water is better than a good day at work isnt it?

Offline Jigmup

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 27, 2005, 06:19 PM »
I fished the campground yesterday and it was slow! Right now the small fish are what is straggling around. I ventured out past the launch to that straddle area between the island and a point in 28 ft of water and did nothing! Its slowed way down but I'm sure there are still biters out there.
Never tell a fish where its supposed to be

Offline marmooskapaul

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 27, 2005, 06:26 PM »
Oh ya it's much better than work. Was out tonight and it was beautiful, fish hit enough to keep you interested. Still a great way to spend the evening and come home with supper to boot. Paul

Offline Swedish__Pimple

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Dec 27, 2005, 06:47 PM »
Havent been to Summit in 2 days now,but Im gonna try and hit it up here real soon,this rain is gonna suck................ :-[

Offline marmooskapaul

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Dec 27, 2005, 07:25 PM »
Put a life jacket on your skinny butt and go for it. It was like fishing on top of a snow cone tonight, only took about four turns of the auger to go thru six inches of ice? Getting on should be easy it's the getting off tommorrow night that might get tricky, be carefull. Paul

Offline Swedish__Pimple

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Dec 27, 2005, 08:29 PM »
Think I will break out a life jacket Paul,its that time,you be careful too my friend,tommorrow is really gonna put a hurtin on it,take care,

Jimmy

Offline ]-[0||0W

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Dec 28, 2005, 10:45 AM »
soo exactly where is this lake?

Offline jigginstick

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jig Jig Jig
« Reply #11 on: Dec 28, 2005, 11:00 AM »
Summit is between Muncie and New Castle west of Hwy.3 about three mile.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.