Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1607680 times)

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #25170 on: Oct 25, 2021, 09:12 PM »
Evening I had rain overnight into the morning hours then things cleared up for the daylight hours. Extended fore cast for this week has rain or shower chance most every day. Did not check the newspaper or other news sources yet so no idea if anything major happened locally or in our world. Exchanged emails with one of my cousins in Wyoming yesterday and found out the extended family has a new member another of my relatives who lives in Vermont gave birth to a baby girl earlier this month.
Ice Wanderer i will adjust to having to use ten digits when making calls in my and to the 914 area codes glad the days of rotary dial phones are past.
Eddie may the apprentice do a good job of supervising you this week. Sounds like your grandson is in for some fun this ice fishing season may your plans be successful for him.
Whopper Stopper how did things go changing out the mower deck for snow blower on your tractor today. i'm guessing you will be doing the same job with your SIL's lawn tractor in coming days.
Zcm-28 may your grage roof not have suffered damage from the branches falling on it after a dry Summer by you things have really changed with all the rain in past month.
Hunts2long may the leaves start dropping in your hunting area so you get a better view of any deer movement. Good comeback by your team in the third game to pick up two points.
Fish/hunt4ever stay positive and keep hunting hopeffuly a legal bull elk with present you with a shot.
Drifter glad putting on the rear tracks was an easy job. May yht fab. shop do a good job making the new snow plow mount for the SXS.
IFF good to hear your safely back in Wisconsin after dealing with lees then ideal driving conditions. Best with the clothes dryer install and getting the rain gutters on the house. pace your self with the unpacking of boxes.
Wallyworld hope all is good and just time shortage and not computer issue or some type of emergency kept you from posting today.

Have a safe and good night.
 Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #25171 on: Oct 26, 2021, 04:15 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Steady rain falling this am, 49* with a high of 50 today. 1-2”” of rain expected today.

Steve…congratulations to the family on the newest member!   :clap:    Some local news from my area recently has been counterfeit money showing up in cash registers. Gas prices increased again, and plenty of “ Let’s go Brandon “ news circulating as is the norm depending on which station you watch.    ;D   Looking forward to a few trips on the ice with my grandson this season, haven’t targeted pike in a long time.   :thumbsup:
  Bud…glad you arrived safe and sound…best wishes with the new homestead!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  Dave…a buddy of mine has a logo on his company shirts that says “Good work isn’t cheap, and cheap work isn’t good. “   Think your mod fits here…money well spent!   ;D  :thumbsup:
  FH4…hope you find the one you’re looking for….best of luck!  :thumbsup:
  H2…congrats on the bowling and splitting the points!   :clap:  This rain should take down a lot of leaves today!
  Z…hope there was no damage to the roof…looks like we’re getting your rain here, hopefully not the winds.
  Marv….hope the snowblower switch went well yesterday!  :thumbsup:  We nicknamed the apprentice “ Commander “ yesterday…he liked that.   ;D
  Jeff…the hay ride was a good time. They planted the pumpkin patch in an area we never went to before. Had to cross a shallow part of a trout stream that runs through their property to get the pasture. The kids enjoyed that.   ;D
  Wally…might be a good day to try that recipe today if baking is on the agenda!   ;D

The apprentice seemed to have a little extra skip in his step yesterday!  ;D  I asked him how it fealt to be the #1 on the job as we were walking in…he told me it was too early tell yet, lol. Assured him we had his back….the day went by quickly with lots of laughter and not a hiccup in production.   :thumbsup:
  Time to get ready for another pleasant work day…Cawfee’s on gang!  ;D
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25172 on: Oct 26, 2021, 05:15 AM »
Morning all, 45° and cloudy here, heading for 55° with clouds later in the day.

No roof damage that I can see, thankfully. A lot of limbs dropped, but they were all fairly small. We are under a river flood warning, though, it's coming up like a rocket affer so much rain. More rain is forecast later in the week, so things could get interesting.

Got some test loads cooked up for that Cimarron last night, so trying those after work is about the only thing on the agenda today.

mssoneddie - glad to hear the apprentice is working out. Good help is hard to find these days. The place I work has been like a revolving door the past few years. Anyone who hasn't been here a long time is pretty much brand new.

IFF - glad to hear you got the move all sorted out. Hopefully settling in goes a bit smoother than the buying process did.

Drifter - I just got gas for the snowblower and put a new spark plug in it the other day, but at the rate we are going here, I'm wondering if we'll get much snow. It's almost November and we haven't even had a freeze yet  :'(

fish/hunt4ever - I'm about green with envy  :o  My hunting land is far from prime, not elk, just deer. Haven't gotten a shot at anything in a few years.

h2l - hope you have better luck next week. Never been much of a bowler myself, but my Dad bowled leagues for years, and I used to go watch once in a while. Sadly, that alley closed a couple years ago, and it was the last remaining one within about 40 miles of here.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #25173 on: Oct 26, 2021, 05:20 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                          It's 41* and steady rain is falling.. ::)
                          Eddie..........A lot of jobs run smoother when the foreman isn't around. :woot: I'm glad the hey ride was a success with the grandkids. :clap:
                          Bud............Welcome to your new home, I hope everything works out for you. :flex:
                          H2l.............Good job at the lanes Sunday night. :thumbsup:
                          Dave...........That's not a bad price for the work and material. I'm sure they will do a good job. :flex:
                          Marv...........It's never to early getting the snow blower hooked up, out there you never know when it will come. :unsure:
                          Fish............Good luck out there. :thumbsup:
                          Wally..........Looks like a week of baking with the weather the way ot it's going to be. :clap:
                          Zcm...........I hope you found no damage to your roof. :unsure:
                          Steve ........Congratulation s on the newest member to the extended family. :thumbsup:
                          Yesterday my wife got her booster shot, and next week she'll get her shingles shot and flue shot at the same time. The pharmacist recommended
                Not getting them with the covid shot.
                          Today I have an appointment at the VA with my Dr. to find out how my bloodwork came out. And I will inquire about my shots.
                          I jope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25174 on: Oct 26, 2021, 05:24 AM »
35 to start the day. At least it is not guessed to be raining today. Yesterday's heavy rain made for a scary trip to the city. The Escape wanted to hydroplane a lot of times.

Eddie I think that after being Commander for these few days the apprentice will realize that the crew appreciates the job he is doing. Guys like him are hard to find anymore. I worked for a company for 4 years. I was assigned two helpers. Neither of them were worth the powder to blow them to H.

I think it was you that asked when our firearms deer season was. It starts on the 15th of November and runs through the month. Our deer hunting regulations are confusing as there are so many if, ands, and buts in them

IFF I think the rain I drove through yesterday was the remnants of what you drove 16 hours through. Two hours was more than enough for me.

ZCM t is good to hear that there is probably no damage to the roof from the falling limbs.

Head over to the other place in a while. Hopefully, we can get the old tower on the ground on Thursday as my son is off work. It is going to be tricky as we are cutting the legs off high and pulling it toward the power line. it can lay there until spring to get cleaned up.

Venison Loin is on the menu for tonight. Before the sun was even up Sunday morning my son shot a heavyweight 8 point with his crossbow. He said he must have knicked the spine as it dropped on the spot. I guess all of our noise building the new tower did not scare the deer away as he shot it not far from there.

Time for breakfast. I will wait for the sun to come up before I load up and leave. I think we still have 10 days before we change the clocks

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25175 on: Oct 26, 2021, 05:29 AM »
Morning all,

IFF....welcome home  :thumbsup: :clap:  glad you made it thru the nasty weather safely, wishing you all the best as you settle into this new chapter   ;)2

Eddie....kudos for letting the "newbie" take the lead this week  :bow:  :thumbsup:

WS.....hope the snow holds off until the lakes have a chance to build a solid base of ice so we all can have a decent fishing season this winter  :icefish:

H2L.....not much deer movement happening during daylight hours with these temps   :-\ 

IW.....any updates on getting your truck in for repairs  ???

MrC.....congrats to all on the new baby girl  :thumbsup:  :clap:

Had almost 3/4" of rain yesterday morning in the gauge, sounds like it's pouring out again now, weatherman says 1-2" today  ::)  might have to take Eddie's advice and fire up the oven today  :whistle:

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25176 on: Oct 26, 2021, 05:39 AM »
46* and rain.
IFF, I bet you are glad the trip is behind you. Should be nice just to relax for a few days.
ZCM, I first bowled when I was in the Navy out on Adak Island in Alaska. (1962) Joined a league the next year when I was stationed in Hawaii. Since then I have bowled all but about 20 years. It is a thing of the past. Only 2 alleys left around here and one of those only has 8 lanes.
IW, the wife made London broil from a small steak she picked up at Oscar's smoke house. It was the best piece of beef I have had in a long time.
Eddie, hope you are working inside today or you may get WET.
Have a good day and stay well...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25177 on: Oct 26, 2021, 05:59 AM »

Good morning ER's  33* here with a slight warm up comming for a few days. Mr. C congrats to your family on the new born. I watched the 9 overtime football game on TV even I got tired. Eddie glad the commander took the controls; can almost see the smile on his face. Bud that's a long haul hope all goes well for you. Finally went fishing again and a big crawler on bottom took a northern pike which put up a decent fight for it's size. Have a good week.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #25178 on: Oct 26, 2021, 06:00 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

41 heading into the 50's this afternoon

Bud....Glad to read you made it to your new home :thumbsup:

mr.clean.....The snowblower changeover went well. You are right about still having to do the s-i-l's. She is still waging war with the leaf sucking. Her tractor takes about 3x the time to get the deck off and blower mounted and usually I have to do it outside. Congratulations on the new addition to the family :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Eddie....Commander! I like that :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

TT...Hope the new blind is completed for this season. I thought our rules were screwy, you win with yours :cookoo:

czm......Hope the loads pan out. My next trip to the gun range will be with a chainsaw.

WW....I can almost smell the goodies hitting the cooling racks :clap:

IW...Best wishes on a good Dr. report :thumbsup:

We have rain moving in tomorrow through Thursday night. I am going to load up everything I can today so I don't have to get soaked doing it tomorrow. I have a couple indoor projects to take care of at the shack Thursday so am planning on stand therapy starting Friday morning.

Hope everyone has a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25179 on: Oct 26, 2021, 06:42 AM »
Looks like I am in training,  Jake see fit to wake me up, and in no certain terms, let me know he had to go out and do his business. Wish I could find where some mouthwash is packed, seems I must have eaten something that has made my mouth sore on the gums ???  Think I will Doctor up my coffee with some Amaretto. After all it’s after 5 someplace  ;) ;)

Will have to take a careful look at the list on my plate and decide what comes first as it’s already more than a days worth

Dave hope you can hold up sending your weather my way for a little I’m not ready for it just yet
Bud

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #25180 on: Oct 26, 2021, 11:12 AM »
ZCM
Weather is weird here this year so far.
Rained all through the night when usually it would be snow by now.
No real snow in the long term forecast out to two weeks.
We may not even have snow on the ground for Halloween which never happens. :-\
Hope it gets good and cold to freeze up the lakes soon. Need those ice roads made.

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25181 on: Oct 26, 2021, 11:26 AM »
It has been unseasonably warm down here. We were still seeing temps in the 80s a couple weeks ago. We normally get our first frost around the beginning of October. Looking at the 10 day, we might get one the middle of next week, so 4-5 weeks late.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #25182 on: Oct 26, 2021, 09:54 PM »
Good evening rainy day here as a Nor'Easter makes it way through my county is under a flood watch until 11 AM Wednesday morning. NY.Governor Hochul issued a state of emergency declaration of most of the Hudson river valley on Monday night to have states resources available if the need arises some parts of the area still recovering from Hurricane Ida. Thank you for the congratulations on my having a new extended family member.
Eddie may the apprentice become a valued member of the crew. Thank you for the info. on counterfeit money.
Zcm-28 good to read your roof suffered no damage from the storm. May the river not swell enough to cause flooding problems. I hope the test rounds preform as you expect them to in your testing.
Ice Wanderer may the blood work report have contained good news for you. My cousin in Wyoming is a nurse asked her for information on the Covid booster shots and receiving Flu shot at same time her response was that most doctors she has talked with say it is better to receive the shots individually the reasoning is that everyone's immune system lessons as we age so getting to vaccines at once increase the chance of reactions. So you and your wife may want to space out the time between vaccine shots. Since there are so many conflicting opinions in the medical field best i can suggest is talking with your respective doctors.
Tomturkey best to you and your son in taking down the old hunting tower/blind. Congratulations to your son on getting a good sized 8pt. buck with his crossbow.  :clap:
Wallyworld hope you do not see any problems from all the recent rain in your area of NY. may you not have problems finding the items needed for all of your holiday season baking.
Hunts2long Oscar's ADK. smokehouse does provide quality products so far I've always been happy with the items purchased from them over the years.
Old Goat hope you have gotten some rest after watching that "long" football game.
Whopper Stopper glad this went well installing the snowblower on your tractor. I remember you posting abut having to do the switch on your SIL' tractor outside and the job taking some time to complete.
IFF depending on the hour jake is waking you up to do his business you may want to look into the dog training pads for indoor use so you can sleep once you have Jake trained to use them. Hope your mouth soreness has past.
Drifter like Zcm-28 things seem to be a few weeks behing the norm here trees still have majority of their leaves and not much color change hopefully my area do not get a snow or ice storm before the leaves drop.

Stay safe and healthy. may all in the path of this Nor'easter suffer no major problems from the storm. Best to all fishing and hunting this week.
 Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #25183 on: Oct 27, 2021, 03:50 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                      It's 47( and cloudy with some wind. We had 1,34 inches of rain so far this week. ::)
                      Marv...........Glad you were able to get the snow blower on fairly easily.  :flex: Good idea getting things packed in the truck before the rain comes. :thumbsup:
                      Steve..........I still have some leaves on my trees, they should be gone soon except for the Beech leaves, they seem to hang on a lot longer. :whistle:
                      Dave..........It seems the weather is all messed up, mybe we can blame it on the Covid. :blink:
                      Zcm...........Glad to hear that your roof didn't get damaged from the branches. :thumbsup:
                      H2l.............Oscar's does have some quality meats, but I like their mustards and cheese spreads. :clap:
                      Eddie..........It seems there is a slew of counterfeit 20"s going around. My friend that is the manager of the Mobil station in town showed me 2 that
             they got from 2 different people. :o
                      Bud............The only thing I can say about your dog, take him out just before bedtime. :whistle:
                      Tom...........I hope you are rested from the long game. :unsure:
                      My appointment went well yesterday, my A1C went down another .1 of a point. The Dr. is very happy with the rest of the #'s on the blood report. I also
             got my flue shot and the new Shingles shot, wich is a 2 shot deal, the second shot is in January.
                      Not much going on today except for a dentis appointment at 3pm, just a cleaning.
                      I hope everyone has a good Wednesday, Hump Day either at work or out. Stat Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #25184 on: Oct 27, 2021, 04:26 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Happy Hump Day!    Breezy 49* here this am, mid 50’s for a high today. Not exactly certain what we ended up with for rain yesterday, but the guessers were calling 2-4” on the local news last evening for this area.

Steve…I think the apprentice will be ok with this company for awhile. Always on time, respectful, motivated and has a desire to learn…he just needs the time to use the tools and learn the craft.   :thumbsup:
  Z…still waiting for the first frost here as well…going to get close tonight, dropping down to 36.
  Dave…we have a Congresswoman here in NY who would attribute your weather conditions being as such due to cow farts…is there a lot of cattle in your neck of the woods?    :whistle:  Hope you get that cold weather soon!
  Bud…sounds like a lot of unpacking and getting things in order will coming up…slow and easy wins the race!  :thumbsup:
  Marv…we had the Commander give the Project Manager a call yesterday at quitting time to give an update on the days progress. He was nervous, but we had to reinforce him it was part of his duty. He handled the call very well, and didn’t miss a thing. After he hung up, he blew a sigh of relief and smiled and said “ Thanks guys, the PM said keep up the good work! “    :roflmao:  :thumbsup:  Bet you’re getting excited about your trip, hope everything comes together…best of luck! 
  OG…will have a letter going out in the mail today for you Sir!   :thumbsup:
  H2…yes, we were inside all day watching that rain falling down…two of the laborers weren’t so fortunate though mixing mortar and grout all day…not happy, but they were dressed for it. 
  Wally…will be looking forward to what the bakery was making yesterday!   ;D
  Tom…agreed, good help is tough to find these days!  Congratulations to your son on knocking down that big 8 pointer…your turn coming up!!   :clap: :thumbsup: :bow:
  Jeff…hope everything went well with the blood work results!  :thumbsup:  Couldn’t have said it better with the foreman being on vacation, lol, he’s a great guy but a nervous wreck on occasion.  ;D

Had most all of the family together last evening for an early dinner and carving all their pumpkins. Good time had by all and some unique pumpkins, lol.
  Closing in on the block work, will definitely be wrapped up by Friday.  Cawfee’s on…

Morning Jeff, congrats on the excellent results!  :clap: :thumbsup:  Yes, heard $20 and $100 bills were showing up here also.

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25185 on: Oct 27, 2021, 04:50 AM »
Morning all, 35° and a bit foggy here, forecast of 58 and sunny by afternoon. It is about 5° cooler than forecast, and we have our first little bit of frost. Nothing is on the ground or grass, but I had to scrape the car windows, and the boat cover and top railing on my little flat trailer were frosted over.

masoneddie - sounds like fun, we just carved our pumpkin a couple dsys ago, too. 🎃

mr.clean - our leaves haven't even changed color this year, most of them have fallen off green in the wind and turned brown on the ground.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25186 on: Oct 27, 2021, 05:24 AM »
Morning all,

Just a quick hello before heading to the lake  :thumbsup:

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #25187 on: Oct 27, 2021, 05:49 AM »
Good morning Everyone :thumbsup:

46 with rain and wind today.

IW....Congratulations on the good numbers :thumbsup: My flue and booster will be on the agenda when I return from the shack. Being I had gotten so sick from my first shot and the tetanus shot, I wasn't taking any chances before my bow hunt.

Eddie....That would have been a fun call to listen in on ;D Yep, you could say I am getting a little pumped.

WW....Best wishes to Team WW :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Not a lot left for me to get ready before tomorrow except to watch the rain.

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy

WS   

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25188 on: Oct 27, 2021, 06:02 AM »
50* and the rain has stopped. Lake has come up 6 inches in the past 24 hours.
Eddie, glad you stayed dry. On the noon news they reported over 2 inches in Wells which is about 14 miles north.
WS, good call on waiting for the shots. Hope the weather is good for the hunting trip.
IW, glad you had a good report from the doctor.
May get into the woods this PM to see if the rain/wind got some leaves down.
Have a good day a be well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #25189 on: Oct 27, 2021, 10:04 AM »
IW
It's all Brandon's fault!!!

Eddie
She's as dumb as a sack of hammers!!!!  ;)2

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #25190 on: Oct 27, 2021, 03:56 PM »
IW
It's all Brandon's fault!!!
 That's right. Let's go Brandon. ;D

IW

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25191 on: Oct 27, 2021, 07:55 PM »
Eddie:  right on the slow and easy, it’s going to take awhile

At least got the internet hooked up, now Ned to find the power cord  for the laptop and my ammo for the 30.06
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #25192 on: Oct 27, 2021, 09:33 PM »
Good evening I saw a high of fifty seven today felt like the forties with today's 10 to 20 mph winds. Weather reports say my town received 4 inches of rain from the Nor'easter and depending on location parts of South Eastern NY. receive from 1.5'' to 5'' of rain.
Ice Wanderer congratulations on the good blood work report. Learned something from your post did not know there was a new 2 shot shingles vaccine.
Eddie may you be correct about the apprentice and he become a valued member of the company. Sounds like a nice evening with the family.
Zcm-28 think I will see green leaves get blown off trees here also color change seems to be very slow by me this year.
Wallyworld hope it was a good day at the lake and you did not have to deal with winds like my section of NY. had today.
Whopper Stopper good thinking putting off the shots until after hunting season given your reaction to previous vaccine shots. May you see and get a shot at the 10 point buck this hunting trip.
Hunts2long streams and Sacandaga river must be flowing strong for water level in Great Sacandaga to rise 6 inches in 24 hours.
IFF good to read you have internet up and running at your new home.

A good night to everyone. Best to all fishing and hunting.
 Steve

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #25193 on: Oct 27, 2021, 10:49 PM »
So they're  saying it's going to be a cold winter here and places South.
Well not so far it isn't but this is encouraging as we are covered by the colder than normal bubble.

Probably drop down at times and freeze you midwestern Yanks at some point too.  ;D

https://dailyhive.com/edmonton/alberta-winter-forecast-edmonton?fbclid=IwAR0_GrDyKknT8QOrkLt3DH0_qFG_0qpa1V7Eu_pse-RkqCcRdEa4imjJ-QY

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25194 on: Oct 27, 2021, 11:22 PM »
Oops spoke too soon now the internet’s not working.  Tried to get a smart TV working but not able to find internet. So might Have to call in the geek squad. For now it’s back to radio.

Looking like a couple days of rain heading my way, so much for getting the leaves picked up
Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #25195 on: Oct 28, 2021, 04:25 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Clear and calm 39* this am, high of 51 today.

Marv…safe travels to the shack , keeping the fingers crossed you get a chance to draw down on that big one this trip!! Have a great adventure, keep us posted when you can…best of luck Sir!   :thumbsup:
  Bud…guess part of the joy of unpacking is finding all those things you’ve been looking for….then it’s like “ how the heck did this get packed in there??”   ;D  Planning on getting some hunting in?   :clap:
  Dave…thanks for the sharing for the weather map, hopefully some of that below normal weather drifts a little more South East!   :tipup:
  Steve…stopped at a store yesterday on my drive home to pickup a few things, minimal selection of paper products as you had mentioned. Going to try a few others today.
  H2…wow, the reservoir really came up fast! All the streams I saw yesterday looked like chocolate milk, swollen and over the banks. Good luck with the hunting if that’s on the agenda this morning!   :thumbsup:
  Wally…hope the bite was on yesterday, will be looking forward to your report!   :thumbsup:
  Z…was hoping it might dip down a few degrees here this am and get our first frost, but doesn’t look like it will happen today.
  Jeff…any plans of getting some hunting in soon?

Today will definitely be our last day laying block on the ICE facility, only about a 100 to go and some punch list work. It’s been a fun job, especially this last week with the apprentice steering the boat… ;D  :clap:
  Got a call from one of old coworkers last evening claiming our old shop will be reopened any day and if I’m still interested. He’s only got 5 months to go before retirement, told him I’d be happy to finish out with him if they bring us back. He mentioned nothing has been getting done under the new management and there were some very displeased higher ups wondering why…guess we should have wrote a few more letters, lol.
  Well, time to get ready for the last day and making memories with the apprentice foreman…. we’re going to take some pictures with him looking at the plans and pointing at the walls today ….should be a fun day!   :roflmao: :thumbsup:

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25196 on: Oct 28, 2021, 04:43 AM »
Morning all,

WS....safe travels and the best of luck to you as you begin round #2  :flex:

Eddie....enjoy the wrap up party today  :clap:  I made a cinnamon apple coffee cake with walnuts the other day, house smelled like fall  ;)2

IW.....great job on the numbers, congrats  :thumbsup:

IFF....fingers crossed you can get the "smart" tv figured out  ;D

MrC.....my son's area of MA got hit pretty hard also, their town actually made Lester Holt's news last night  @)  they figure their power will be out for another day or two   :wacko:

Had a great day on the water yesterday, 3 hours to get our limit of eyes and a bonus perch  :thumbsup:

Back for another round this morning  @)

I forgot to mention we had another 2" of rain by the time the storm moved out early yesterday  ::)

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25197 on: Oct 28, 2021, 05:24 AM »
35* this morning.
WW, way to go on the walleyes and good luck today. I see they pulled our dock at the launch some time this week.
Eddie, you looking forward to going back on the old crew?
Saw a small buck in the yard yesterday morning. I was able to get it back across the road and up into the woods. Saw nothing in the Pm while hunting. I would stay closer to home but it is all "uphill".
Heading out this morning, be safe....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #25198 on: Oct 28, 2021, 05:24 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

44 with rain border to border. They are guessing it to wrap up tonight.

Thanks for all the good wishes I appreciate it. I have one errand then shack bound. From the sounds of it I will have the day to poke the fire and get a couple of projects taken care of.

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25199 on: Oct 28, 2021, 07:28 AM »
Eddie might as well got an empty freezer, and not out of ammo would be fun to get back in saddle again.

WW it’s not so much the TV it’s the company’s wireless modem and my router not on the same page.

Is I found a frying pan might as well fry some bacon
Bud

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.