The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: First day Trout Fishing!! Jigging and Tip ups  (Read 1146 times)

Offline PIKE FISHERMAN

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Precision Angling on YouTube. Maine based fishing!
First day Trout Fishing!! Jigging and Tip ups
« on: Jan 08, 2020, 05:32 PM »
First day targeting Trout here in Maine. We found a good mix of Brook Trout, and Brown Trout. We had several traps set, and I jigged with my Humminbird Helix 7 between flags.  I got my first Trout with a jig rod, and another good one later in the morning. Its amazing how aggressive the trout are, and how you can tell they are a trout by how they act on the flasher. Heres some of the highlights!

Nice Little Brown

Heres a link to the video if interested in seeing the footage:
Precision Angling on YouTube. Maine based Bass, Pike, Fly fishing, Ice fishing, Brook fishing and Trolling. Feel free to follow along as I move through the Maine fishing seasons!!
My Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoA9o9knJAVeEkur3dDAMnA?view_as=subscriber

Offline nbourque

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fish or die
Re: First day Trout Fishing!!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 08, 2020, 05:48 PM »
Good fish man.

Offline PIKE FISHERMAN

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 08, 2020, 06:31 PM »
Good fish man.
Thanks. They weren't too shabby!
Precision Angling on YouTube. Maine based Bass, Pike, Fly fishing, Ice fishing, Brook fishing and Trolling. Feel free to follow along as I move through the Maine fishing seasons!!
My Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoA9o9knJAVeEkur3dDAMnA?view_as=subscriber

Offline Seamonkey84

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 08, 2020, 07:01 PM »
I’ll watch when I get home to wifi! You gotta love the way trout play and chase on the sonar, if you get to see them that is. So many times I’ve had no warning or play on sonar, they come torpedoing in at the same level as your jig and just slash or smash.

Offline PIKE FISHERMAN

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 08, 2020, 07:21 PM »
I’ll watch when I get home to wifi! You gotta love the way trout play and chase on the sonar, if you get to see them that is. So many times I’ve had no warning or play on sonar, they come torpedoing in at the same level as your jig and just slash or smash.
I got to play with a few, one I didn't even see coming!!! Definitely going to target them more. I want to hit some Lake Trout this season.

Offline franklin fisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: First day Trout Fishing!! Jigging and Tip ups
« Reply #5 on: Jan 09, 2020, 05:58 AM »
Nice ones.

Offline smitty

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 09, 2020, 06:17 AM »

Very nice fish

smitty :tipup:

Offline Jim_C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I never met a fish I didn't like.
« Reply #7 on: Jan 09, 2020, 08:59 AM »
Excellent, Josh!  Enjoyed the flasher action, but especially that shallow water brownie that zoomed in out of nowhere.

Offline PIKE FISHERMAN

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Jan 09, 2020, 03:54 PM »
Excellent, Josh!  Enjoyed the flasher action, but especially that shallow water brownie that zoomed in out of nowhere.
Thanks guys!! The flasher action was certainly one the craziest Ive seen. Im going for Lakers here sometime soon. Cant wait to put the flasher and jig rod to work for them.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.