The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: Advice on new drill/auger setup  (Read 8139 times)

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: Advice on new drill/auger setup
« Reply #30 on: Nov 17, 2019, 10:45 AM »
Got to use my 7" mini-nero and fuel last week on 4-5" of ice.  Drilled 65 holes or so and batt still showed 3 bars next day.  Better than my 6" mora was.
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #31 on: Nov 17, 2019, 07:40 PM »
A frisbee or various Red Green type contraptions will work as well as this 'stopper'

No a frisbee isn't good to use. In the cold they get very brittle and crack off very easy. But something round and strong would work.

Offline wefishandflop

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Fishing with two toddlers.
« Reply #32 on: Nov 17, 2019, 07:46 PM »
I bought an aluminum disk from a guy on eBay to fit above my mora. I don't remember why I went custom, maybe the disk on the kit I bought was a bit thicker....anyway, custom.fab machinists on eBay are a good resource.
We'll take any nibbles we get.  Jigging mostly.

Offline alaska mike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Nov 18, 2019, 05:19 PM »
I have been using makita drills for several years. Last year I upgraded to the makita with 1090 inch pounds. It has a very strong side handle. I use a lazer 6" auger and I hardly ever "test" the side handle. I have learned to not push down while drilling in the ice. I even lift up very slightly and don't catch on the bottom of the hole. I think I can now drill holes without the side handle and do it safely. I went with the makita setup as I have quite a few other drills and drivers in the makita lineup.
Any day on the ice with little to no wind, is a darn good day.

Offline kevin1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Nov 29, 2019, 03:00 PM »
ok here is my new problem, new strike master lite flight auger with a clam plate and it doesn't go together, and looks like it will need some kind of adapter. is there such an animal? going to be putting a fuel drill on top of the clam plate because i don't really want to get my wrist broke and the wife sometimes takes off drilling when she gets in the mood to run and gun.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #35 on: Nov 29, 2019, 03:05 PM »
ok here is my new problem, new strike master lite flight auger with a clam plate and it doesn't go together, and looks like it will need some kind of adapter. is there such an animal? going to be putting a fuel drill on top of the clam plate because i don't really want to get my wrist broke and the wife sometimes takes off drilling when she gets in the mood to run and gun.

K-Drill adapter should work .. there are two styles of the adapter

https://www.amazon.com/K-DRILL-POWER-AUGER-ADAPTER-CONVERT/dp/B076TDQL54/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&hvadid=77790519673499&hvbmt=be&hvdev=c&hvqmt=e&keywords=k+drill+adapter&qid=1575061496&sr=8-2
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.